Who created "Cruel Angel's Thesis"?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Berserkelion
Embryo

Who created "Cruel Angel's Thesis"?

•      
  •      

Postby Berserkelion » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:39 am

Who created the opening? I have sifted through various sources, including "Evangelion Chronicle" and the various credits in the official booklets. But the only names behind "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" mentioned are four:
Takahashi (vocals)
Neko Oikawa (lyrics)
Omori and Hidetoshi Sato for the arrangement

The "Refrain" booklet states that Toshimichi Otsuki (King Records) also worked on the arrangement, although he's not mentioned in the credits. Now, I'm asking this to someone who maybe knows Japanese: does any other source mention the musicians behind the opening? The keyboard player, or who worked on the percussions. Anyone. Not considering the animators, Honda and Hasegawa. I'm talking about the song, not the video.
"In order to make myself recognized by the Other, I must risk my own life. To risk one's life, in fact, is to reveal oneself as not-bound to the objective form or to any determined existence — as not-bound to life" (Jean-Paul Sartre, Being and Nothingness)
"Despair is a Sickness in the Spirit, in the Self, and So It May Assume a Triple Form: in Despair at Not Being Conscious of Having a Self (Despair Improperly So Called); in Despair at Not Willing to Be Oneself; in Despair at Willing to Be Oneself" (Kierkegaard, The Sickness Unto Death)
"As one's ignorance disappears when he gains knowledge, and as darkness disappears when light appears, so also incompleteness is eliminated by completeness" (The Gospel of Truth)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”