the questions that MUST be answered

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

intermediateO
Embryo

the questions that MUST be answered

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:48 am

What are the questions that are left at the end of 3.0 that if 3.0+1.0 does not answer for you, you will consider it a failure?

There are quite a few big questions I have, that if they didn't answer them, I could still imagine a way that the movie might come out satisfactory. Like...

Who is Mari?
What is up with Asuka's eye?
What happened to Kaji?
What really happened during 3rd Impact?

etc.

These are all things I think they should answer, but if they choose not to because of some creative intent they have with the story, I wouldn't write off the film completely.

The only big question that really stands out to me that will honestly sink the entire movie if it is not ultimately answered is...

What was the deal with Kaworu's lines in 1.0 and 2.0?

Blockio
Lilin
Lilin

Re: the questions that MUST be answered

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:31 am

View Original PostintermediateO wrote:Who is Mari?
What is up with Asuka's eye?
What was the deal with Kaworu's lines in 1.0 and 2.0?

I once again point to this thread here, that provides some good insight into these questions in particular
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:17 pm

tbh I once thought about it and I think there isn't anything I'd say I need answered. I just wanna see where the characters are taken next, and I'll be open to whatever quantity of info we get.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

C.T.1290
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Hopefully, we’ll know more when the film comes out.

Then again, Evangelion might not be clear with answers, so it would be up to us for debate.
Nobody special. Not important. Not significant. Just a nobody.

”MUDA! MUDA! MUDA!”

Zoop
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:07 am

Things I want see "answered" are the things we have literally missed, like the missing Eva's (10, 11?, 12?) and Angel (11, maybe a bit more about 12), I would be disappointed if that would be left to ambiguity (like Eva 04).
Anno showed a sketch of Eva 10 today (found here thread/19077/Shin-Eva-Official-Social-Media/1580/#p896240) I just hope we actually get to see it in the final movie.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:32 pm

My "must have" list is essentially how does 2.0's Next Time Preview for Q fit in with the final product? I definitely think Shin Eva will explain all this, considering Q was a film very intentionally from Shinji's POV/his limited information, but....Yeah.

Besides that, I'll be pretty happy with whatever the story does (especially if the rumor of a 2 hour-ish runtime's true!), as long as Shin Eva has an emotionally satisfying ending (whether happy, downbeat, or somewhere in the middle).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Evangelion 3.0+1.0 [SPOILERS]”