The Evangelion Breakfast Club

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Hopelessromantic
Lilith

The Evangelion Breakfast Club

•      
  •      

Postby Hopelessromantic » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:09 am

Upon searching through the web, a thought entered my mind. What if there was something out there that put Evangelion and The Breakfast Club together? Both address similar themes about the struggles of adolescence and the fact that there truly are others who have went through hardships of their own. Lo and behold, I come across this underrated gem that’s been sitting in YouTube unnoticed for 10 years! Take a gander!

Ladies and gentlemen, The Evangelion Breakfast Club: https://youtu.be/JYD3Lvf7_3A
Throughout my life, I’ve tried to fit in with the norm. Now I’m embracing the fact that I am a full fledged bohemian. Who said standing out has to remain a bad thing?

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: The Evangelion Breakfast Club

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:22 pm

I just watched the video.

I’ll be honest that I haven’t seen the Breakfast Club before, but it seemed like a pretty popular film from the 80’s. The video was put together rather well. Now I need to make it a point to see the film if I ever get a chance.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I’ll be honest that I haven’t seen the Breakfast Club before, but it seemed like a pretty popular film from the 80’s. The video was put together rather well. Now I need to make it a point to see the film if I ever get a chance.

The Breakfast Club is a very fun, entertaining film and the performances are superb. It also shows themes of peer pressure in teens from authority figures, both parents and school staff. Of all the characters, John Bender is my favorite and they give him all the best bits.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:27 am

>Shinji
>a jock

:reiquiz:

That said, it's certainly an interesting thought and if it hasn't been done already in all the AU fanfic that abounds on the internet then I'll be shocked.
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

Hopelessromantic
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hopelessromantic » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Yeah, Shinji if I’m going to be honest is a bit more of a rebel than a jock. That’s really the only problem I have with this video.

I wonder, if Rei, Toji, Kaworu, Shinji, and Asuka were all together in a room for eight hours, could they accomplish anything like the Breakfast Club did?
Throughout my life, I’ve tried to fit in with the norm. Now I’m embracing the fact that I am a full fledged bohemian. Who said standing out has to remain a bad thing?

Hopelessromantic
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hopelessromantic » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:45 pm

If I could place the characters of Evangelion into the cast of the Breakfast Club, disregarding gender for personality, here is what I’d choose.

Toji Suzuhara - The Criminal

Asuka Langley Soryu - The Princess

Kaworu - The Athlete

Rei Ayanami - The Brain

Shinji Ikari - The Basket Case

Gendo Ikari - The Principal

What are your thoughts? Whom would you choose?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”