How would Shinji act if he was abused aggressively as a child?

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Memer557
Embryo

How would Shinji act if he was abused aggressively as a child?

•      
  •      

Postby Memer557 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:30 pm

I was wondering how Shinji would act if he was abused aggressively as a small child after Yui died. The abuse would probably start when he went to his aunt and uncle house’s and would end when he leaves for Tokyo3. I see Shinji being more aggressive growing up and getting into fights he’d still be courteous towards people and a bit nice still. I wonder how people would react in the original series and rebuild

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: How would Shinji act if he was abused aggressively as a child?

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:17 am

Probably the way gendo turned out.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:42 am

My guess is that you just have to take late series Shinji and insert him at the start. Maybe turn it up a notch. Hates himself utterly, is even more dependent on everybody, shys away from all physical contact, always thinks everything his fault, probably has a breakdown when Asuka forces him to kiss her, if not earlier. If you want to go with EoE-Shinji, he probably turns abusive himself.

Maybe you should just read Adam Kadmons works, like "The Second Other". But in all honesty, there is no real way to tell how exactly he would turn out. It might just push him hard enough to actually go through with his suicide attempts (which means he's dead by episode 4). Either way, I don't think he'd chose to return to the real word in EoE if he was "aggressively abused." He was "reluctantly abused" throughout the series and decided to rather not exist at all, and only returned because Instrumentality turned out to be even worse than the real world. I don't think you can shove much more trauma onto him without just breaking him completely.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Memer557
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Memer557 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Besides making me want to use a toenail clipper on my teeth that was a good but disturbing fic

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Memer557 wrote:making me want to use a toenail clipper on my teeth

That's a pretty apt description of what it usually feels like to read an adam Kadmon fic if you ask me.

eitzher way, on the actual topic - yeah, I'm with Chaddy and Deranator here, either a spiteful asshole or probably dead long before the end of the show; maybe both
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:48 pm

He’d probably be worse off than he actually. Maybe more depressed, or dead inside.

And he’d be even more starving for love and affection. All the positive feelings would be foreign to him, he’d wouldn’t know how to respond to them.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Return to “Fanfiction”