Currently Playing 5: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Currently Playing 5: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:35 am

Not playing per se, but I've been watching Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney on Youtube the past few days; certainly an interesting one.
SPOILER: Show
It doesn't reach the original trilogy in my opinion, there's a few things that bug me about it. The first two cases are far too errattic and unfocused, never really feeling the part; the third is better for most of it, but still struggles with that. The last case, as per usual, tells a very good story, but the execution is not great. That sudden break in the flow of gameplay and borderline-4th-wall-break doesn't bode well, and somewhat diminishes the overall effect.
I'm also not huge on the whole "every case in this is secretly related to a single old case" thing, but that's just me
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Currently Playing 5: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:51 pm

Well, I spent the past handful of days bingewatching Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies on youtube; definitely better than Apollo Justice, I really enjoyed this one. Almost all of the cases are really solid with the final one comfortably settling in as my new third favorite; only real complaint I have is that the higher framerate and detail of the 3d models doesn't always work well with the very stylized poses
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”