This is a weeping thread.

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

This is a weeping thread.

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:48 pm

A thread in which to weep.

Or not, but perhaps discussion on things which stirrs your emotions... Perhaps a certain event, a movie, a song or someone you know which it happened something to - or maybe even empathy with people. (Guess it's too much to ask from most humans, I'm one of them in most cases. ;))

For some reason kids have always been an issue to me - in any form. If I read about something that have happened to a kid, in a negative way, it angers me or makes me sad - sometimes it even brings me to tears.

Also classical music, Beethovens Ninth is a perfect example of that (the fourth movement obviously.) - the whole idea of the lyrics to the ode in combination with the music is just too overwhelming and I burst if I don't get a hold of myself.

And to make it easier for you to go a bit off-topic, let's not just bind ourselves to the given subject of weeping - why not speak of things which depress you, make you happy, creative or just sets you in a certain mood.
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:19 am

The weirdest things make me tear up, as often joy or wonder or the appreciation of the essential rightness of some narrative event (things like this, especially especially at the chirpy mechanical voice), as much as sorrow.

Heck, even the overtly sad Millennium Actress, it wasn't just the sadness that made that film a real weepy.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:55 am

the death of cybertokyo...makes me sad...
the Fox and Hound movie made me cry...
so did the last episode of Rozen Maiden...

the thought of failure makes me sad...not making my comic book...or making it and no-one liking it...making a movie and not getting that award...the thought of becoming an anonymous animator...or accountant or some other regular job makes me sad...instead of award winning novelist...or Oscar holding director...it makes me scared...

i know its asking for a lot...but that doesnt mean its wrong to want it...

i get scared whenever i draw or write...i know i have to...but i always look at the desk next to me and they always do better...or i see these guys on deviantart or something...it makes me feel inferior...

i know its wrong to be mad cuz your not the best...but to achive my goals i have to compete with these people...thats why it upsets me...

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:48 am

Reading Metro on the way to school make me wanna cry. All the insane criminal acts going on, and how rape is slowly being legalized over here.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:13 am

Reading the end of Harry Potter book 6. That'll do it for me.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

jakewashere
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby jakewashere » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:01 pm

master0rolando wrote:the thought of failure makes me sad...not making my comic book...or making it and no-one liking it...making a movie and not getting that award...the thought of becoming an anonymous animator...or accountant or some other regular job makes me sad...instead of award winning novelist...or Oscar holding director...it makes me scared...

i know its asking for a lot...but that doesnt mean its wrong to want it...

Same here. We all want to matter. We all want to mean something to the world. It's a foolish desire but a very human one, and (despite this being an off-topic section of the board) I think that's one of the themes NGE tries to tackle.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:38 pm

which is why i love the show...lotsa relatability to Shinji and Rei...

Soljer13
Banned

Re: This is a weeping thread.

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:27 pm

Sventevith wrote:A thread in which to weep.

Or not, but perhaps discussion on things which stirrs your emotions... Perhaps a certain event, a movie, a song or someone you know which it happened something to - or maybe even empathy with people. (Guess it's too much to ask from most humans, I'm one of them in most cases. ;))

For some reason kids have always been an issue to me - in any form. If I read about something that have happened to a kid, in a negative way, it angers me or makes me sad - sometimes it even brings me to tears.

Also classical music, Beethovens Ninth is a perfect example of that (the fourth movement obviously.) - the whole idea of the lyrics to the ode in combination with the music is just too overwhelming and I burst if I don't get a hold of myself.

And to make it easier for you to go a bit off-topic, let's not just bind ourselves to the given subject of weeping - why not speak of things which depress you, make you happy, creative or just sets you in a certain mood.

A.K.A The EMO Thread. zOMFGWTF!!11one1! TEH EMOz R INVADING!!!!
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:37 pm

soljerameelguy wrote:A.K.A The EMO Thread. zOMFGWTF!!11one1! TEH EMOz R INVADING!!!!

We were here all along.

But it's alright; we will permit discussion of things that invoke MANLY tears as well.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:47 pm

soljerameelguy wrote:A.K.A The EMO Thread. zOMFGWTF!!11one1! TEH EMOz R INVADING!!!!

[url=http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/8121/copyofdscf14670igiy4.jpg]You...[/URL]

...if your not gonna say anything worth hearing...dont say it...

Dascoo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dascoo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:11 pm

This threads pretty emo....but anywho, Lillium (the elfen lied theme) makes me feel pretty down.

Mozarts Lacrimosa is pretty sad, Mahlers Symphony No. 8 pretty sad too....

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:10 am

Oh no, we're speaking of emotions... WHICH MEANS WE'RE EMOTIONAL (aka. human).

Pretty stupid statement.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:30 am

master0rolando wrote:

[url=http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/8121/copyofdscf14670igiy4.jpg]You...[/URL]

...if your not gonna say anything worth hearing...dont say it...

Well sorry but I was just messin' around. And yes there are things in life that make you wanna cry, for me it's the movie A.I and the Raxephon movie.

Sventevith wrote:Oh no, we're speaking of emotions... WHICH MEANS WE'RE EMOTIONAL (aka. human).

Pretty stupid statement.

Oh dont worry, I'm not a 100ft. tall alien invader out to wipe out humanity, I sometimes have a wierd sence of humor and I like to call any minuscule amount of emotion "Emo". Sorry if I offended you in anyway, but I never think about the downs of life, the ending of the movie A.I makes me cry like a little girl.

PS= Jedi returns is better!!!
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:12 pm

I bet none of you will believe this but I'll give it a try, just in case I'm wrong.
I can't cry. Not that I was never able to: for some reason I can't bring myself to cry. I can't recall the last time I cried... maybe two or three years ago? I don't know. But however sad I am I just can't sob as I want to at times, I can't scream and let my tears run through my face... and thats very disturbing. I've tried everything that I could think of, but to no avail...

The first thing that came to my mind is the Dead Boy's Poem from Nightwish... :(
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:48 pm

The song/video for November Rain has always freaked me out a little bit. And then there always is Brian's Song if you are weeping prone.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:10 pm

Meant to Live at a funeral of a friend.

Do it.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Dascoo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dascoo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:56 pm

Sventevith wrote:Oh no, we're speaking of emotions... WHICH MEANS WE'RE EMOTIONAL (aka. human).

Pretty stupid statement.

It wasn't meant to be offensive.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:14 pm

To me, this thread seems pointless.

Why would you talk about weeping and crying on an internet forum?
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

directedition
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby directedition » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:18 pm

Such and such percent of Internet flame wars begin because of a misunderstanding of the implied inflection of someone's speech. Being heavily emotion or sarcastic can often lead to nasty nastiness. So let's just all avoid that.

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:47 am

Trigger's Elysium wrote:To me, this thread seems pointless.

Why would you talk about weeping and crying on an internet forum?

Why tell everyone what you're listening to, or what you think about the world today? Or why discuss anything at all? Let's just sit there and keep our mouths shut.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”