Mediawiki upgrade

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Mediawiki upgrade

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 am

We've upgraded to the latest mediawiki, as I've noted in the Forum Wackiness thread, because of many reasons but mostly because we were forced to. With the upgrade we've lost a few things, most noticeably our beloved custom skin. Among other things may be some issues that may linger here and there:
[*] I've seen people complain about not being able to upload images or files, if this is still happening can you post the file you tried to upload and the date+time so I can review the logs
[*] Templates being broken; I've fixed a few because of missing CSS but there may be other templates that don't look or behave correctly
[*] Issues with accessing pages (not content), like special pages or categories. I haven't seen any of these issues personally but it's something worth noting
[*] Issues with the list of available wiki skins. There's not much we can do about these out-of-the-box skins but together with everything else there could be some issues that are isolated to a particular skin, like CSS class collisions with templates and stuff.

If anyone runs into wiki problems that they weren't seeing before with the old version of the wiki, post them here (and please include the date+time so I can look at the logs) and I'll try to get to them when I have time.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”