DVD release question

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Robowang
Embryo

DVD release question

•      
  •      

Postby Robowang » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 am

Has anyone picked up this particular set? (It's probably unofficial, but I'll support an official release if they ever print one again in the U.S.)

I am curious if it uses the director's cut episodes or not. It doesn't say if it comes from the Platinum release or the first release.

Thanks!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: DVD release question

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:46 am

Well, with 26 episodes and two movies all on four disks, you're not going to get anywhere near the quality of any official release. Though the misspellings are fun, I suppose.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Robowang
Embryo

Re: DVD release question

•      
  •      

Postby Robowang » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Well, I did pick this up afterall just to have a set. They actually fixed those typos at some point because mine is all spelled correctly. I knew it would be a bootleg; that doesn't bother me. I don't have my old ADV perfect collection anymore, so I can't say if it's a straight rip or not, but the quality isn't terrible...seems to be on par with what I remember of my old official set.

The disk with the two movies, however, is interesting. The End of Eva has this live action opening I have read about, and I don't remember that being on my old official EoE dvd (again, no longer have it). Also, there are only black bars at the top and bottom. The sides reach the sides of my TV. The dub is obviously the old one, but I am not sure about the subs.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”