Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 pm

Ok, here's the idea I was talking about a few posts ago:

Post-failed EoE 3I (failed as in Rebuild's "Near 3I")
After everyone sees the actual power of the Evangelions, with no more angels to defeat and with NERV and SEELE's secrets in the wrong hands, every country begins to construct Evangelions.
Rich countries build a couple. Poorer countries band together to cover the astronomical costs of a single unit. A 3-year Cold War of sorts begins. First, Evas in capital cities as last-resort defense. Then Eva units placed in borders over territorial claims. Then hastily put-together-units used in warzones.
A pilot-replacement conveyor belt begins as lots of kids brought in start to develop serious issues (all unaware of course, of what makes Evas tick). Only after a N4I that erases Turkey and all the way down to El Cairo, everyone decides it's madness and all remaining Evangelions are sealed away.

Fast forward 9 years. A now 26 year old Shinji and Asuka are requested by the JSSDF's very own Maya Ibuki to help them train a new set of pilots "just in case".
Will Shinji -who just wants to be left alone- and Asuka -now a UN emissary for Eva decommisioning- help subject a few more innocents to the traumatic experience Eva piloting is?
How will the world react to the idea of Evas still existing and being practically combat-ready?
And of course, plenty of fan-service too!
Visit my Eva-figures blog, Youtube channel and Twitter

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:19 pm

Only similar idea I had to that was one where Shinji is not given a choice over whether he wants to be an instructor or not.

Or to be more exact, his choices were to take the job or take his chances with the firing squad alongside most of the kids, as merely having the ability to sync is officially considered a crime against humanity by the post-3I UN.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:44 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Only similar idea I had to that was one where Shinji is not given a choice over whether he wants to be an instructor or not.

Or to be more exact, his choices were to take the job or take his chances with the firing squad alongside most of the kids, as merely having the ability to sync is officially considered a crime against humanity by the post-3I UN.

The way I thought about it, Maya would resort to her late senpai's shady manipulations. It would ultimately boil down to 'we are gonna do it like it or not, but you can at least help the cope with it better."
Visit my Eva-figures blog, Youtube channel and Twitter

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:01 am

Might be time for Rebuild of Polyphemus.

Might be.

The18°angel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:47 am

I just had a weird thought of María Iscariote(original Mari?) Trolling gendo in the university the same way that nagatoro trolls senpai
I am Mecha Rider in spacebattles but i don't know how to change my name here

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:02 pm

I think I'm going to write a fanfic where the Ikari and Langley-Soryu families have an intense inter-generational feud stemming from the long-standing rivalry between their family-owned automobile dealerships.

Set in, oh, let's say Ohio.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Funny, that. One of my shipping-focused smut ideas I actually spent time thinking on details about was a Shinji/Mana one where the two families are both heads of major corporations and decide to do a corporate merger plus arranged marriage between the heirs. Both heirs in question have been asked for their opinion at age 14 and both tentatively agreed, but it's not until age 16 when they finally meet for the first time by way of Mana moving in with the Ikaris to get to know her future husband until the actual marriage (which won't happen until they both turn 18).
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Return to “Fanfiction”