Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:25 pm

[Continued from here. -Reichu]

FLYING FORTRESS CITY TOKYO 3

So, in this version of the NGE world, Kaworu's soul goes into Lilith after his death. Then, as a wave of new angels mysteriously arrive around the globe, Nerv harnesses and augments the AT Field emanating from Lilth's crucified body to create a force field around the entire Black Moon, thus creating a contained engird dome/atmosphere. Then it lifts off with Tokyo 3 still attached as it rotates around the Earth, thus allowing the Evas to be deployed via rocket propulsion at any point on the globe. Now, Shinji, Asuka, and the entire cast (who are still within the Geofront on in the city above) must deal with being in space.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:30 pm

You haven't been looking at my notes, have you? Because I'm going to (eventually) do something similar to that in SCE, just with the Eva-requisite shit-hits-the-fan.

SPOILER: Show
The Geofront is part of an even bigger spacecraft not just older than humanity, but older than the dinosaurs. When it takes off, it demolishes not just the city, but everything in a hundred kilometer radius and due to the depth its bottom had to be in in order to completely fit underground, suddenly removing it from the Earth's crust triggers a supervolcanic eruption that renders Japan uninhabitable, floods China with refugees and triggers a full ice age.

All because NERV got a hold of SEELE's full laundry list of misdeeds and the radical faction within SEELE went nuke-happy behind Keel's back to cover it up, kickstarting a chain of events that ultimately ends in 99% of humanity being perma-killed beyond resurrection via Instrumentality. On the other hand, when the reformist Angels try exploiting the situation to offer NERV a deal to team up against the loyalist Angels, Kaworu, friendly and benevolent Kaworu... loses it a tiny bit. Not much, just enough to smack the the Archangel who came to deliver the deal in the face.

With the Moon.

But hey, NERV now has a spiffy, although slightly decayed, space fortress that can house over a million people, craps out multiple Wunders and Evas per year and has enough dakka to potentially take on the entire rest of humanity's collective military power and stand a fair chance at winning. Mind you, they don't actually try that last part because they understandably don't have the manpower to fight a full-scale war even with exclusive access to Evas. Especially since despite being nigh-unstoppable engines of destruction on the ground, Evas are flying bricks in zero-g against anything smaller than an Angel due to their mass and bulk.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 pm

how about an AU where Shinji was raised by his SEELE-aligned maternal grandparents, and indoctrinated into the conspiracy? Perhaps they’d influence him to be more sciency and strategic like his parents (while ironically turning him against them), he tends to want to please people who are nice to him even if he were to suspect their ulterior motives/ that he's just impact button #2. Maybe he'd have been childhood friends with Kaworu.
Maybe in this world Rei would be the one to inspire Shinji to go against the conspiracy instead of the other way around, not necessarily intentionally.
For further shits and giggles, make either Mari or Asuka the new draftee who had a fairly ordinary life thus far. Or swap them (ie. Mari trained all her life but knows little, Asuka is fairly new at the start but knows about the conspiracy and is out to save the world... this wouldn't necessarily make her more mature or well-adjusted but it would surely change how she acts. Then again a version of either of the 3 girl pilots who had an ordinary, no-clues-of-any-EVA-stuff life would also be intriguing simply because all three seem to have been so entangled in it. Then again I'm not sure how different recruited-as-a-teen Asuka would really be. )

I’d write it if I didn’t already have way too much unfinished or yet-to-be-posted stuff going on...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:50 pm

...okay, I had a weird-ass mental image today that's so obvious in hindsight that I'm astonished nobody ever wrote it (to my knowledge).

Kaworu as Superman.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Kaworu as Superman.

Oh my god, I love it! It's so simple, yet brilliant and it fits well too since he's already space Jesus ha ha ha
Last edited by SawItAtAge10 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:52 pm

It just makes some twisted sense, you know? Instead of trying to half-ass an explanation about why Shinji isn't his parents' children, why not give that to Kaworu who has no family to begin with, has an outworldly atmosphere around him and is seemingly incapable of feeling malice towards anyone?

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:34 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:It just makes some twisted sense, you know? Instead of trying to half-ass an explanation about why Shinji isn't his parents' children, why not give that to Kaworu who has no family to begin with, has an outworldly atmosphere around him and is seemingly incapable of feeling malice towards anyone?

But also imagine the sexy cuteness of him dressed like superman...We'll call him The Masked Angel and him swooping in to fight crime around Tokyo 3 including catching a vulnerable Shinji and flying off with him in his arms ha ha ha ha ha

Naturally, his arch nemesis is the mysterious Blue Demon (Rei) lol
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:51 pm

>Masked Angel
>catching a vulnerable Shinji

Would Shinji be wearing a sailor suit?
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 pm

If it's femShinji, I don't mind.

I already had a "magical girl Eva" concept for several years now, it just wouldn't be Kawoshin (or any pairing, really, as not many love interests tend to survive a civilization-destroying and literally planet-cracking temper tantrum by a teenage goddess who got pushed to her breaking point; you know, the usual Evangelion ending).

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:40 pm

View Original PostMirrorUniverseAsuka wrote:>Masked Angel
>catching a vulnerable Shinji

Would Shinji be wearing a sailor suit?

Only if it's a sailor suit like original kaworu was going to wear lol

Have Shinji Go full Donald Duck.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:59 am

Hat, shirt and no pants? That's the Donald Duck I remember.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Ok. Here's something that I've been thinking about for a while. I want to do a story that takes place 25 years after the original series and want to know what you guys think. Sorry if it's a bit long and nonsensical. Just lost my original post after working on it for a while.

The premise is as follows:

25 years after the angel attacks on Tokyo-3 Shinji and Asuka are adults and married with two kids (Who are two pre-existing characters retooled and are also rookie Eva Pilots). The couple are senior officers/soldiers/Eva pilots for a resistance against the remnants of the scummier parts of NERV as well as the remnants of SEELE who have merged into a new faction: FRACTURE. Based out of the new underground Tokyo-3, resistance frontline and mission commanders are corrupt, and higher-ups in the organisation are not willing to do anything. As a result, Shinji, Asuka and a subsection of the resistance consider resorting to taking drastic measures to finally bring an end to the conflict; when someone manages to locate an old ally and friend.

Meanwhile, Former NERV Captain: Misato Katsuragi has become a wanderer and somewhat of an urban legend who tends to leave a trail of destruction if provoked. She is rumoured to leave bases and strongholds destroyed and many people either crippled or dead. Some even suggest that she manages to shake off being damaged and shot at without even being fazed.

These urban legends will all make sense later as I intend to go into detail what 2nd and 3rd impact did to her. One concept I have is that she may have been infected with angel DNA from the 2nd impact, and instrumentality triggered that part of her.

Having survived two impacts, she has changed immensely. Over the past 25 years, she has become embittered, violent, and reclusive only becoming more so due to losing many she met over those years. In secret, she longs for better times in the past and is very emotional, losing it after hearing about Shinji and Asuka's resistance escapades.

When Misato is tipped off to the resistance, Shinji jumps at the opportunity to reunite and reconnect with his former guardian and convince her to lead and fight alongside him. Due to previous issues with Misato, Asuka is not so willing to have her return. As Shinji would later find out when he clashes with Misato and coming out second-best, she isn’t willing to return either, despite him bringing his children along. The former NERV mission commander only begrudgingly agrees to become the commander to the resistance after it is forced on her as punishment for nearly killing the current corrupt one.

Seeing how much has changed since she was last in Tokyo-3 and how the people she met all those years ago have changed as well as realising how much of an urban legend she has become, only serves to make her feel more isolated and out of place feeding her inner demons and insecurities.

To top it all off, Shinji decides to house Misato in his home much like what she did for him 25 years ago. This threatens to tear apart his relationship and marriage with Asuka who absolutely detests Misato for the latter’s failure to help her when she most needed it.While their kids are caught in the middle and are unable to do anything. Will they lay past differences and grudges to rest, conquer their inner demons and come out victorious?

EOTV never occurred. While EOE plays out much differently. In the case of EOE:

Misato’s ‘Sacrifice’ galvanises him to save Asuka, not just to help her but also not lose another person in his life and keep a promise to Misato to keep growing and become a better, stronger person. The MPE fight still happens, but the conclusion is like the Manga interpretation. While the Hospital scene is very different to both EOE and the Manga. I don’t plan on exploring the new EOE instrumentality in this timeline at this point.

The story will feature all the characters in the original series like: Rei, Toji, Kensuke, Hikari, Ritsuko, Maya, Kaworu etc. The Shinji/Asuka relationship and family has been done multiple times admittedly, but what would set it apart from most ‘Future Eva’ stories, is that Misato will be the main character of the story. Without Misato, Shinji and Asuka’s Marriage is very happy. (They had 25 years to solve any issues they had.)

Not sure what to call the resistance other than what I’ve been saying. I don’t want to use WILLE, mainly to better set it apart from the rebuilds.

If you want to know who the two kids will be: They’re Mana and Mari. And yes, they may not be the only characters retooled or rewritten. And some Retcons could occur if I want to go there.

I’ll write some character notes in the next few months. Though I will say, Misato's design would be based on her 3.33 design, only more... casual if that makes sense?

I am also considering three titles for this:
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Versus
Evangelion: Versus
Neon Versus Evangelion

Which title do you think is the best?
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:04 am

I will say, I am intrigued. I wish you luck should you manage to write the full fic
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:05 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:I will say, I am intrigued. I wish you luck should you manage to write the full fic

Thanks. Make sure to plug me ok? :tongue:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 am

The Evangelions were specifically anti-angel weapons. Are they now being used as part of the normal human military? Well, I guess once you ditch the main part of the ending of the series, you are free to choose that kind of thing. Personally I prefer fanfiction that remains true to the canon, but I realise that for many people the opposite is true!

Your Misato puts me in mind of Akito Tenkawa of Martian Successor Nadesico as he appears in The Prince of Darkness - I wonder if that was part of your inspiration, in fact. A lot could be done with that idea.

Oh, and 25 years of marriage don't necessarily end up without unresolved issues...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:26 am

Maybe the Evas would be needed to fend off new threats
like the Invadors.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:06 pm

View Original PostMicrosoft_Sam wrote:

Meanwhile, Former NERV Captain: Misato Katsuragi has become a wanderer and somewhat of an urban legend who tends to leave a trail of destruction if provoked. She is rumoured to leave bases and strongholds destroyed and many people either crippled or dead. Some even suggest that she manages to shake off being damaged and shot at without even being fazed.

I am also considering three titles for this:
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Versus
Evangelion: Versus
Neon Versus Evangelion

Which title do you think is the best?

This actually sounds really, really cool. I am curious though, what happened to Misato to make her completely disappear for so long in the first place? I think to really sell your premise and make the story work, you should solidify in some way how exactly your version of the post Ep. 24 play out. Let's say that Misato apparently gets shot and "dies" but maybe doesn't get blown up...Thus, her weird healing factor (I'm assuming something like this is involved due to her exposure at 2nd Impact?) is at play here and then Shinji goes kicks ass during the MPE fight assuming she died...

Then a version of Instrumentality still plays out, then people come back and a new sequence of events happens several years later?

So, this story is about a potential 4th impact then?

Interesting. I like the idea of making Misato the main character and this sort of rouge agent bad ass.

Another thing, Mari and Mana are new pilots, but are there new angels as well?

Also, I like "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Versus"

"Versus" could also be the name of the Resistance...
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:07 pm

View Original PostMirrorUniverseAsuka wrote:Maybe the Evas would be needed to fend off new threats
like the Invadors.

Is that Neon Exodus or one of those other really ancient wonky Eva fan fics? XD
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:03 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The Evangelions were specifically anti-angel weapons. Are they now being used as part of the normal human military? Well, I guess once you ditch the main part of the ending of the series, you are free to choose that kind of thing. Personally I prefer fanfiction that remains true to the canon, but I realise that for many people the opposite is true!

Your Misato puts me in mind of Akito Tenkawa of Martian Successor Nadesico as he appears in The Prince of Darkness - I wonder if that was part of your inspiration, in fact. A lot could be done with that idea.

Oh, and 25 years of marriage don't necessarily end up without unresolved issues...

Well you are the pro! ^_^

To be accurate, the resistance is not the normal military. It is more similar to WILLE. For the war itself the fights are more out of control, with ground soldiers and the EVA units going up against other EVA units (Both Mass produced and new designs.) and Angel clones. FRACTURE is much more extreme than SEELE and NERV combined.

Obviously Shinji and Asuka haven't been married that long, to be more accurate, it was 15. Yes they still have unresolved issues which will come up during the story, however for the most part, they did manage to solve many they had during the 25 years.

I don't think I've seen Martian Successor Nadesico or Martian Successor Nadesico Prince of Darkness. (Does the character turn into Ozzy Osbourne? :p)

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:38 pm

View Original PostSawItAtAge10 wrote:Is that Neon Exodus or one of those other really ancient wonky Eva fan fics? XD

hehehe it was DELTA Invasion.

Return to “Fanfiction”