I Found IRL Misato and Shinji

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

I Found IRL Misato and Shinji

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm

So this isn't the most serious of posts, but I found this story hilariously disturbing in the context of Misato and Shinji.

This is a story from Reddit's Legal Advice sub about a middle school teacher who has taken in a 15 year old boy with a difficult home life. Thing is... that 15 year old sleeps in the same bed as her. As best I can tell the intentions seemed more innocent at first, but it started coming out over time (courtesy of the teacher's daughter) that more was going on.

So basically we have an unmarried older woman taking in a younger boy neglected by his parents, and engaging in an inappropriate relationship with him, while a 3rd person - a younger woman - observes from the same living space. For bonus points, remember that Misato's dub VA primarily works as a school teacher.

Apart from being a bizarre case of Life Imitating Art, it kinda puts a spotlight on how weird Misato and Shinji's living arrangements actually were, especially as things progressed and lines got blurry.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: I Found IRL Misato and Shinji

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Well, that I did not see coming.

Excuse me while I go pick up my jaw, must have dropped it somewhere...
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:32 am

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:Misato's dub VA primarily works as a school teacher.

Which VA?

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:29 am

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:For bonus points, remember that Misato's dub VA primarily works as a school teacher.

Also Misato was a teacher in the instrumentility alternate universe thing.

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:39 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:Which VA?

Allison Keith, her original English dub VA.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”