[LAEM] It's all up in the air

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

Postby GAP » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Also, all the sexual undertones that occupy the series especially with Maya being a lesbian and Gendo being the cheating bastard that he is.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:43 pm

I still wounder if Weta still has the rights to do the movie or not? Since movies often have rights to something for like five to seven years before it ends like Fox with Dragon Ball since they had the rights to since 2002, then they start filming in late 2007 since Fox's rights to it almost came to a end.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Helius
Embryo

Postby Helius » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:17 am

Guyver Spawn wrote:I still wounder if Weta still has the rights to do the movie or not? Since movies often have rights to something for like five to seven years before it ends like Fox with Dragon Ball since they had the rights to since 2002, then they start filming in late 2007 since Fox's rights to it almost came to a end.

I'd like to know that too. Now that ADV has folded, the Evangelion assets in NA is practically up for grabs to whoever wants them.

What's interesting though, is that it was indicated at the beginning that Universal would be distributing the movie, with Weta and Gainax producing. So I wonder if there's enough interest within Universal and/or Weta to acquire the full rights, instead of letting them hanging. Not to mention Universal hasn't had any hits lately, in fact it's been doing rather miserably these past couple of years. So maybe a LAEM could be their saving grace...? :smirk:
"Wars Begin Where You Will... But They Do Not End Where You Please."

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

Postby GAP » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 pm

And we get tosee Live Action Eva with twice the angst of the series and EOE.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

OH, HEY, GUYS, LAEM'S STILL ALIVE AND "VERY ACTIVE"

Postby NAveryW » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:47 pm

"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Ho Ho Ho: http://www.evageeks.org/2010/02/live-action-evangelion-still-alive/

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Hmmm.......Well at least we know now that the past couple of years hasnt been a total waste. Somebody has actually been travelling around between studios in Hollywood to try and sell this thing. Nice.

Well we can only hope that something happens and a new announcement is made soon. Heh.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Skeptical Evangelion geek is skeptical.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:37 am

Eh. I'm at the point where if it happens so what. I'm a Hideaki Anno Evangelion fan.

But if this small time anime producer can get off a minimum $120 million project into production it'd be quite impressive.

Oh what the hell he says 3D and they'll jump all over it.

Meh.

P.S. "They're really looking beyond that, and really looking at drama, human elements, even to those elements that appeal to otaku."..... how they're gonna get naked or half naked preteen girls on film and not be filed for lawsuits is beyond me. Cause that seems to be ALL otaku really care about.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: OH, HEY, GUYS, LAEM'S STILL ALIVE AND "VERY ACTIVE&

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:14 am

Best news I hear all day today, first a AVP demo, and now this. This week keeps on getting better. If the movie starts moving this year or next year then the movie will likely have a 2012 or 2013 release date.

I hope we get more info soon, and not info that we only hear once or twice a year like the new Spawn movie for example.

firegirl26
Embryo

Postby firegirl26 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:21 am

as long as the world dosen't end in 2012 all will be great
"GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN.....ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD." NERV

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 am

well, well, well

maybe I'm getting way too ahead of myself, but like I've said before, there was no way this was going to be left in development hell forever
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 am

I really just hope they don't screw it up. Some things will surely be a little different, but I hope they don't destroy the story and make it nothing at all like the anime. It better be given a director who knows what they are doing. I would puch a whole in my laptop if Michael Bay ended up directing it. I would then proceed to hunt him down and bite through his spinal cord.

They better not ruin it.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

dropper
Embryo

Postby dropper » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:40 am

Do any of you REALLY expect much from Joseph Chou?

Reading up, he has done, Halo Legends which I haven't seen, but looks cool.
But also, the new King of Fighters movie, which looks stupid.

I think this depends of the production studio and if the original producers of Eva get involved, but I'd imagine it will be very easy to screw up!
Ikari Yui is an hero.

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

Postby GAP » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 am

Off Topic: I cry foul at the KOF movie specifically with Darth Maul/Ray Park who got his ass handed to him by an attack that he could had seen coming.

Anyway, I just hope they land a director who really understands the content and not just make some generic action movie where Shinji becomes all badass with Megan Fox as Asuka. Seriously, the could ask Robin Williams of all people to help them as he is a fan and he can do darkness, even get the creator Anno himself on board with this or maybe just as a creative consultant. As for Otaku and their desire naked girls on screen, there is always doujin manga.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:54 am

Sammaeloo wrote: I would punch a whole in my laptop if Michael Bay ended up directing it. I would then proceed to hunt him down and bite through his spinal cord.

I'm going to hold you on that.

Meh.

Seeing big CGI Evas would make me happy but I imagine thats about it. :(

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:57 am

Guyver Spawn wrote:...the movie will likely have a 2012 or 2013 release date.

firegirl26 wrote:as long as the world dosen't end in 2012 all will be great

Coincidence?

0x2eleven
Adam

Postby 0x2eleven » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 pm

There's absolutely no way that an live-action Eva movie could even scratch the surface of what the anime explores...at least not unless it was a part of some triology.

Making a trilogy would be even worse than a lone movie, however. There's not doubt in my mind that even if Stanley Kubrick himself were to direct this one, it wouldn't turn out right. Imagine having to watch the series get butchered two more times after the first movie. Imagine a Direct-to-DVD third installment.

A live-action Eva film would be deicide.
"Mankind fears the darkness and scrapes it away with fire to survive." -RikkyRikky Rei Ayanami

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 pm

I still have hopes for the project, and I think they can get a good director, and a good wirter then it can work.

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Grimmjow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Well that's great news. I was worried the thing would be put on permanent hiatus.

However, several factors must come into play before this will be a good movie. First of all, don't let Michael Bay touch it. If he touches it, castrate him.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”