Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 pm

welcome stuffy!
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby pat457 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 am

Hi everyone. Admittedly a newbie on things Evangelion but expecting to learn more. :toothy:

Um, yoroshiku?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:05 am

@pat: "We were all newbs once." You only have to worry if you're a regular for a year or something and you still don't have a baseline clue as to what's going on. :wink:

"Location: Japan"? Are you just "visiting"? Or...?

Stuffy wrote:Im kinda surprised that this board doesnt have a fast reply option

This is boring ol' phpBB. Are you thinking of vBulletin?

nor a attachment feature for pics so you dont alway have to do the coding

Attachment feature? As in, pics gets uploaded to our server and they appear at the end of the post or something?

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Now I can talk about NGE with people who like it as much as I do, and on top of that, they seem to be pretty decent people too. =)

We do our best. ;) (And whoever doesn't gets banned, HAHAHAHAH.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby pat457 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:09 am

Reichu wrote:@pat: "We were all newbs once." You only have to worry if you're a regular for a year or something and you still don't have a baseline clue as to what's going on. :wink:

"Location: Japan"? Are you just "visiting"? Or...?

I don't think so; I've been here for like two years and seven months straight, struggling through the place of torment and trial that is the Japanese education system. :grin:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:16 am

Well, "visiting" as opposed to "native-born". Then, if you were native-born, you probably wouldn't be bothering with a bunch of silly gaijin in the first place. (Unless you're Imperialist, who you'll probably be exposed to sooner or later.)

The place of torment and trial that is the Japanese education system? Why would you want to subject yourself to such unthinkable torment?!?
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:22 am

Same question as Reichu. Why subject yourself to such torment?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby pat457 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 am

Reichu wrote:Well, "visiting" as opposed to "native-born". Then, if you were native-born, you probably wouldn't be bothering with a bunch of silly gaijin in the first place. (Unless you're Imperialist, who you'll probably be exposed to sooner or later.)

Judging by that criteria, I'd probably be 'visiting' (I'm actually half-Japanese, though up until now [or two years ago], I've never known much about Japan; just living out my life. Remarkable how I've never stepped outside of Asia for the whole of my life. :smirk:

The place of torment and trial that is the Japanese education system? Why would you want to subject yourself to such unthinkable torment?!?

To put it shortly: I had to. Attending school is mandatory until Middle school (aka Junior high school).
Last edited by pat457 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 am

Sou ka? Well, that explains it.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:28 am

Ah, ah. My default assumption was that you were a very masochistic individual going to a Japanese uni as a foreign exchange student. So the tale is more involved than this...? Tell us more!

EDIT: You possibly answer this in your edit above, but it's too late here for me to be entirely sure.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby pat457 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:31 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Sou ka? Well, that explains it.

Come to think of it, my burden had now increased that summer vacation is underway (tons of homework, going to check potential High schools and such).

I can actually symphatize with the inhabitants of Japan in the series. They're stuck to one season for the rest of the year, and that happened to be summer (so hot...)!

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby pat457 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:35 am

Reichu wrote:Ah, ah. My default assumption was that you were a very masochistic individual going to a Japanese uni as a foreign exchange student. So the tale is more involved than this...? Tell us more!

EDIT: You possibly answer this in your edit above, but it's too late here for me to be entirely sure.

To answer it shortly: My family (well, my parents anyway) were in Japan, so I got to move here as well. The rest were either in America (the majority seem to be there) or in the Philippines (where I was born).

...Well, that's about it, I think; I'm not really that eloquent.

Stuffy
Embryo

Postby Stuffy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Reichu wrote:This is boring ol' phpBB. Are you thinking of vBulletin?

Yes I am. ^_^

Welcome Pat.

swamp147
Lilith

Postby swamp147 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:05 am

Hello! I made a very brief introduction in another thread since I didn't know about this thread, as I've never browsed the Off-Topic forum before. Luckily, I was most kindly directed here by one such "formless" gentlemen.

To quote my intro from the other thread:
Hello everyone, new poster here! Started watching Evangelion in June and finished the series, Death, and EoE in early July. Loved it to death and have been lurking this site (the wiki and the forum) since then. I love the wonderful discussion and am amazed at the analysis and theories presented here (like Ritsuko's interrogation and numerous others)!

Well, I guess I'll leave it at that!

:grin:

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 am

IS THAT SOMEONE CALLING ATTENTION TO ME? :ninja:

and btw, your welcome.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

swamp147
Lilith

Postby swamp147 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:37 am

Heh, yes!
And hi! :)

Phobos
Embryo

Postby Phobos » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Hey everyone! Long time Eva fan, first time poster. :woohoo: I stumbled upon this site while I was trolling for info about the next Eva movie.

I hope no one has my avatar already ;)
Last edited by Phobos on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:02 pm

At the new people: Welcome! :grin:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:11 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:At the new people: Welcome! :grin:

Isn't this what you say all the time in this thread. Like, you don't even address anybody in particular, you just say "Welcome!". I bet over 50% of your posts in this thread are nearly identical to this.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:54 am

Sachi_13 wrote:Isn't this what you say all the time in this thread. Like, you don't even address anybody in particular, you just say "Welcome!". I bet over 50% of your posts in this thread are nearly identical to this.

At least she Welcomes them and doesn't act like a troll, driving them away.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:29 pm

Hunter21 wrote:At least she Welcomes them and doesn't act like a troll, driving them away.

To all the new people (and especially Reichu): suck it.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Old Stickies”