Oh boy! A NEW HALF-LIFE GAME! (Half-Life: Alyx)

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

Oh boy! A NEW HALF-LIFE GAME! (Half-Life: Alyx)

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:16 pm

So...after all this time, Valve FINALLY is making a new Half-Life game. Sure, it may be the TRUE Half-Life 3, but hey, it's AWESOME nonetheless. I can't wait for March 2020 to roll around! It's got 10% off too right now if you pre-order (definitely a win in my book, even if it's a small discount.) :w00t:

I just wanted to tell anyone if they hadn't seen it already. I think it looks fantastic. I just hope I can run on my PC with my Rift S. :uhh:

Link to the official Valve trailer here if you haven't seen it already. :wink: : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2W0N3uKXmo
Yeah, I change the things I'm interested in on a dime. Seriously, one day I'll be playing SMT, the next day it's VRChat, then it's just whatever I'm feeling like playing at that point. "Oh wow, you're uhhh...something that's for sure." -Anyone who meets me for the first time basically.

Youtube: Nyo, the one with the Tatsuya Suou (main character from Persona 2: Innocent Sin) Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: Nyo-kun#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using it for anyone who wants to contact me outside of the forums, don't harass me either.)

~Nyo :3

Luigi shinji
Adam

Re: Oh boy! A NEW HALF-LIFE GAME! (Half-Life: Alyx)

•      
  •      

Postby Luigi shinji » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:47 am

HYPE

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 am

This pretty much demonstrates and confirms Steam's stance on the franchise tho, so we can truly forget about ever seeing Half Life 3.
Valve only uses it to push services and their hardware, they dont care about satisfying the playerbase with a worthy sequel :( What was the last game they produced? Artifact?
Lets face is, Valve as a game-dev is near death, Steam and such is much more rewarding than making games, apparantly.

Altho this looks really cool, its sad that this is the way that HalfLife will go.

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:16 pm

View Original PostZoop wrote:This pretty much demonstrates and confirms Steam's stance on the franchise tho, so we can truly forget about ever seeing Half Life 3.
Valve only uses it to push services and their hardware, they dont care about satisfying the playerbase with a worthy sequel :( What was the last game they produced? Artifact?
Lets face is, Valve as a game-dev is near death, Steam and such is much more rewarding than making games, apparantly.

Altho this looks really cool, its sad that this is the way that HalfLife will go.

I get ya, it bums me out that we won't get a Half-Life 3 either. Regardless, it's still pretty impressive what they showed off. :D

And yeah...it was Artifact..not exactly what we Valve fans had been waiting for. :irked:

Hopefully, the next Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress is an ACTUAL sequel rather than some kind of VR Experience thing. If they ever even make something like that at all. :hmph:
Yeah, I change the things I'm interested in on a dime. Seriously, one day I'll be playing SMT, the next day it's VRChat, then it's just whatever I'm feeling like playing at that point. "Oh wow, you're uhhh...something that's for sure." -Anyone who meets me for the first time basically.

Youtube: Nyo, the one with the Tatsuya Suou (main character from Persona 2: Innocent Sin) Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: Nyo-kun#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using it for anyone who wants to contact me outside of the forums, don't harass me either.)

~Nyo :3

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:40 am

I'm kind of sad about is that Merle Dandridge didn't reprise her voice role as Alex as the new voice is Ozioma Akagha. Also, I don't like that there making this VR only like that's annoyed me as it basically no VR you can't play it.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”