Where to find 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DarkSwordsman
Embryo

Where to find 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0?

•      
  •      

Postby DarkSwordsman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:31 am

Hey all,

I apologize if this has been asked before, and I believe this should be the right section (new to this forum). I did quite a bit of digging on Google and on this forum, but I haven't found anything useful about where to find the newer movies. I just finished watching the series (1-26) as well as "Death (True) 2" and "End of Evangelion" on Netflix subbed, and I was interested in watching the movies.

I remember about 4-5 years ago I had started to watch the "1.11" movie subbed (without watching anything else) on Funimation, however, I stopped about 5 minutes in if I remember correctly because I realized that there were shows and movies before it, but I couldn't find them at the time so I didn't watch it (I'm a strong believer in watching stuff in in release-order).

I went back to Funimation, but it seems they only have clips and extras, and the movies are gone. I've checked all over the internet, but it seems the only available feeds are low quality pirating sites, which are waters I would prefer to not tread in.

Besides dropping a ton of money on a disk set that I can't even play without a disk drive, does anyone know if there's an official site to watch it on? It's obviously not on Crunchyroll or HiDive, and it was stripped off of Funimation. If I have to resort to buying the disks, I wouldn't mind at all, I just want to exhaust the other options.

I had heard that 2.0 and 3.0 (as well as 3.0+1.0) taper off into a new direction from the original, so I'm super interested at seeing another story path, especially after the satisfying and not-so-satisfying ending of EoE.

Thanks! ^_^

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Where to find 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0?

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:07 pm

The theatrical version films do not "follow" the series. They are a new and different story - starting similar but not the same (and the differences matter), and diverging increasingly as the films progress. And of course they are not complete yet - the final film comes out next year. Even the background lore and world building is different, so trying to argue interpretations that draw from both the series and the films frequently runs into dead ends or confusion.

To the best of my knowledge they are not streamed anywhere, even in Japan; you have to buy them on disk (or obtain them illegally if you are prepared to do that).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:27 am

I think the Rebuilds MIGHT be on Japanese amazon prime.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Hakyra
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hakyra » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 am

My recomendation is that you should buy the Blu-rays, They're quite cheap, atleast where i live. (25€ for the Trilogy pack).
SPOILER: Show

Since you mentioned Funimation then i assume that you live in the USA, Amazon lists 1.11 at around 13$, 2.22 for 16$ and 3.33 for 22$.

I don't know why Evangelion Physical Media is so expensive nowadays (Seriously, before Netflix the only way to watch the series in decent quality where fan made versions by fans, or paying a lot of money for the Platinum DVD's).

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”