I need you

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

I need you

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:25 am

to figure something out for me.

Okay, I'm going to make the assumption that I need you is being said by of one of the parties on the beach non-verbally, in your mind which one is it and why?

It is called One More Final: I need you, who said I need you first and when?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: I need you

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 am

"One More Final: I Need You" is the alternate title of the entire second half of the movie, intended to complement (geddit?) the alt title of episode 26, which was "Finale: Take Care of Yourself". It does not refer to just that final scene, and it never did (though the title card being delayed until that scene is a thematically deliberate choice). It doesn't matter if/when Shinji or Asuka said the title "non-verbally" -- what does that even mean, anyway? (Are you going to ask "when did Misato non-verbally say 'Love is destructive'" next?) What matters is the theme that human beings cannot live alone and need one another despite the pain that inevitably brings.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”