Looking for a Specific Version of "Cruel Angel's Thesis"

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
LeeJay
Embryo

Looking for a Specific Version of "Cruel Angel's Thesis"

•      
  •      

Postby LeeJay » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi, I'm a long-time fan but new to the forum. I've used Evageeks to check Eva news for years but have only just now registered. :D This might be a little silly, but I joined because I was hoping someone here could help me find a version of "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" that I heard years ago but haven't been able to find since.

The lyrics are in English, and it's got a sort of hip-hop/rap feel to it. The intro starts out with a woman (I believe a filter was applied to her voice) singing the standard "Young boy, like a cruel angel (rise up?) you must become a legend...." and after this the song breaks into electronic drums playing, and a man begins rapping different lyrics. It goes back and forth between the woman singing to the original melody and the man doing his freestyle thing.

I'm really sorry if this doesn't make any sense, lol. I've put off making this thread for a while because I don't think the details I remember would be enough to really get any leads. But I figure I may as well throw this up just in case anyone remembers this version. I've searched all over, but haven't been able to find anything official. At this point I'm not even sure if it was an official release or some obscure fan cover I listened to, lol

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”