Adams, Children, and the Nature of the Cycle

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Shun
Embryo

Re: Adams, Children, and the Nature of the Cycle

•      
  •      

Postby Shun » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:40 am

Yep, before writing I have reread your posts "Blue goo" and "Give me wings", and I reviewed the scene in 2.0, I understand what you mean: because of the 9° Angel Asuka comes into contact with the part of himself asleep and forgotten. I don't remember if you wrote it in your posts, however in the storyboards of that scene the other entity in the Plug should have spoken with Asuka with the voice of Kaworu.
https://www.gwern.net/docs/eva/2010-crc#asuka-in-unit-03
It could be a point in your favor.
But it isn't the only solution. In fact, they (Khara) may have thought makes Kaworu talk to Asuka for two other reasons: because Kaworu is the only Angel who speaks and Akira Ishida is the only seiyuu of the Angels, so why give money to others people when you can give money to Ishida / Kaworu? This make sense.

Also, why use only one color (red) for the eyes of destroyers (Shinji, Kaworu, Rei), while for the eyes of protectors (Asuka, Mari) two colors are used (green and blue)? My scheme is simple and effective.
Blue is the color chosen for angelic infections, in fact it is used both for the ninth angel that contaminates 03 and for 09 that contaminates the Wunder.

As I said, your theory is interesting, but this thing about "awakened eyes" has put a doubt in my head. We'll see.
Btw, an excel summary table would be helpful, with Children, colors, Adams, zoas, etc what do you think?

I'm wait your post about cycle's nature!
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End
The Beginning and the End

Re: Adams, Children, and the Nature of the Cycle

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun May 17, 2020 2:10 am

Well, wow. I'll have to re-read everything here and redigest this, but this is an astounding amount of analysis. Very well done! I'd be shocked if at least some of this doesn't turn out to work in 3UAT.

(One does have to ask, “Why didn’t Seele have Mark.09 neutralize both of Wille’s Evas before attempting such a delicate procedure?”, and… beats me, honestly.)

Both Eva-02 and Eva-08 were effectively out of the way when Eva-13 ascended and Mark.09 began its attack on Wunder, and there was no point in trying to fight the Evas and risk getting destroyed when they could just get on to the Wunder and finish extracting Lilith's soul/taking control of the vessel for their own purposes, and turn the captured Wunder or the merged Eva-13/Mark.09 against the two Evas if they posed a threat. If it weren't for Wunder's wingtip dragging on the surface, Eva-02 wouldn't have been able to jump aboard and tackle Mark.09 anyway.
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”