Wiki article on the end of End of Eva

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Wiki article on the end of End of Eva

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:01 pm

In anticipation for the Neflix release, I decided it could be a good idea to recycle some older threads and evidence that is not super well known to try and make an article on the Wiki about the final scene in End of Evangelion. Mainly, I wanted to dispel some notions like that Asuka came back because Shinji wished her into materializing or something, or the Adam & Eve theories. Instead, I think it's clear Asuka came back on her own, and even chose to lay by Shinji's side on her own. Here it is, I think it's good enough but I welcome any suggestions.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... Evangelion

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Wiki article on the end of End of Eva

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Interesting. I never considered that Shinji might've been alone for a little and might've been going slightly insane as a result of the isolation. I do wonder though...If it's been a few weeks since Instrumentality ended, what on Earth did he eat? How is still alive and not succumb to the elements...

Just from how the movie started in the morning and the last scene is at night, I always assumed it was the same day..But the article does make a convincing argument.

And one other thing. The link for Endings A and B doesn't't appear to be working...What were they exactly? I know it mentions B being darker, but it doesn't explain why...
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Wiki article on the end of End of Eva

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Last A is detailed in the article, Last B, if I recall correctly, is Shinji on the ground, but holding a hand, thinking "I'll never see them again. They're gone, but I'm alive, so I'll keep on living" then the camera pans to reveal Shinji is holding a disembodied arm and he's completely alone on that beach. Credits roll just like in Last A.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”