Video: Evangelion's Unsolved Mysteries - Crayon Cryptography

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Video: Evangelion's Unsolved Mysteries - Crayon Cryptography

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:55 am

Not my video, made by the same guy responsible for the now famous Asuka/Shinji sex theory. If he decides to make a post about it here as well, please, mods, do delete this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJ9dJzOMEs

eldomtom2
Lilith

Re: Video: Evangelion's Unsolved Mysteries - Crayon Cryptography

•      
  •      

Postby eldomtom2 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:51 am

Oh god, not him again. I've talked to him on 4chan - he has these bizarre theories and will refuse to listen to evidence against them.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:11 am

View Original Posteldomtom2 wrote:Oh god, not him again. I've talked to him on 4chan - he has these bizarre theories and will refuse to listen to evidence against them.

This is par for the course in here, and many other places here, really... You can see his own thread about the sex theory was quite heated. Regardless, I do appreciate new theories in general being submitted, particularly because I do think he works hard on his, even if I don't really agree with them.

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:37 am

View Original Posteldomtom2 wrote:Oh god, not him again. I've talked to him on 4chan - he has these bizarre theories and will refuse to listen to evidence against them.

Ugh yeesh. I appreciate his initial theory about Shinji and Asuka, it made me think, and that's a good thing. I enjoy seeing the perspectives of others, it's interesting to compare your own perspectives and maybe even learn a bit. But when someone is 400% steadfast in their opinion or impossible to prove belief, while shutting out any other ideas... well, that's just another form of running away.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:51 am

That man has an extremely high like ratio and 250 k views on a video that is 100percent wrong...that's crazy.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

LPeyrani
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LPeyrani » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:41 am

zlink64 wrote:That man has an extremely high like ratio and 250 k views on a video that is 100percent wrong...that's crazy.

It's not that crazy, he's putting out very interesting theories. The fact that you disagree with them, that's why you call it crazy. The thread about Shinji and Asuka was very interesting and it had to be closed because of this kind of "strategic" faked reactions. How disgusting!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:28 am

It seems to be an unnecessary theory based on the flimsiest evidence. There are far more interesting things in Evangelion to discuss.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:19 pm

View Original PostLPeyrani wrote:It's not that crazy, he's putting out very interesting theories. The fact that you disagree with them, that's why you call it crazy. The thread about Shinji and Asuka was very interesting and it had to be closed because of this kind of "strategic" faked reactions. How disgusting!

Um, you mean "theory" and not "theories". And by wrong, I mean wrong like "1+2=4" and not like "it's just an opinion". There's enough out of context evidence in that vid to say "Objectively wrong". The evidence in that video is so out of content that it requires the viewer to either A) not know wtf it is they are talking about or B) for them to turn their brains off and be like "it's all subjective"

This ain't a fake reaction, you can call it a frank reaction. You can disagree with me (no duh) but I would question the ability, of a person who thinks that was an intelligent video/the guy who made, to tell the difference between a good/reasonable inference and a bad inference.

I don't call it crazy cause he's wrong, I'd say like 75 percent of the vids on Eva I watch on youtube are wrong to some degree IMO; being wrong or me disagreeing with something is not "crazy"; I disagree with stuff I read all the time. I call it crazy "SPECIFICALLY" because so many people seem to "agree" with something despite it being so wrong, I find that a Lil scary for whatever reason. Probably cause I'm a nerd. Just clarifying my bias-ness that you seem to think is a problem.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

LPeyrani
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LPeyrani » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:52 pm

There was a discussion, here, where reasonable people argued the other way round. If I remember correctly that thread was shut down because your "side" flooded it with junk posts.
I understand that this theory is not proven, and that its plausibility depends on one's interpretation of relationships between characters, but this urge of yours to deprecate it won't make it go away.

Episode 16 is when things start go badly. Of course we know the many steps of this downfall, still, we don't get a "moral" motivation for this turn of events. This is really strange and is something that has unconsciously haunted me for years. Why does everything go wrong? We are not given a reason why the tide changes and this is most unusual in a work of fiction. 99% of stories that are meant to go through hard times in their latter half present us with some action by the characters, some kind of mistake that justifies those hardships. We aren't shown such event, but we know that it occurs between ep 15 and 16 and that the kiss scene is not enough to cause everything to collapse.

I read people trying to debunk this theory saying it makes no sense in the characters story arcs because it would be an arc-ending event (implying it in a good sense); exactly the opposite is true: having sex without first solving their problems is the perfect mid-arc event for their characters (in a bad sense), and for the series on a whole.
I think it's one of the most interesting theories out there and, more importantly, that it is the one that could change the most the way we perceive the show. I hope anonymaus keeps up the good work.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Making a giant conspiracy theory about labyrinthinely hidden AsuShin sex when...

A. Asuka is utterly distraught that Shinji won't so much as HOLD HER DURING A KISS. Why fixate on being held during a kiss if you've already MASHED GENITALIA, which would introduce far more severe "errors in unrealized intimacy" than a guy not putting his arms around you while you're cutting off his source of oxygen...?
B. the time we see them "having sex" is during a scene where two to three other moments are very plainly Shinji revisiting the past, i.e. to (try to) make those moments PLAY OUT DIFFERENTLY, because it's a mind meld and you can do stuff like that
C. Asuka taunts him about his masturbation habits, when taunting him about his sexual inadequacies from when they supposedly fucked would have been SO much easier.
D. More importantly, her expressed problem with his masturbation habits was that he was merely masturbating to her, and wasn't, you know, actually boning her.
E. Asuka says "I'd rather die than do it with you!" inside HIP. If she's already done it with him, this doesn't make a terrible amount of sense.

You're free to think whatever gives you the most out of the show. Nobody can take that away from you or anybody else. But other people have the same right to criticize what they perceive as bad analysis. There's no shame in calling a spade a spade. Nor should we be obligated to put up with a bad attitude. Anonymaus couldn't accept criticism or disagreement and developed an instant persecution complex. We don't need you to do the Anonymaus routine on his behalf. Storming into a community and immediately calling people disgusting and whatever else isn't going to change anybody's opinion (except for possibly the worse), either.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

LPeyrani
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LPeyrani » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:10 am

I'm sorry if anybody felt insulted. Didn't mean to rush inside the community and be aggressive. Actually, I had the opposite impression; I perceived one of the answers to my first post to be unnecessarily rude. But maybe the tone of my "how disgusting" quote was wrong and was misunderstood as a serious insult. Didn't mean to.
Anyway, hoping that this doesn't distract us from the real topic, I would like to understand why you wrote that Asuka is clearly expressing dissatisfaction for not being held while kissing. To me that sounds ridiculous, it's one of the things that make me look for something more in ep 15.

PS: I don't know anonymaus and I'm not his (her) "agent". I simply found that old thread and was flabbergasted by what I read. There were other users (see Blockio and Chuckman) arguing on his (her) side without any persecution complex, to my opinion in much more convincing ways than those refusing the theory. Moreover, the thread was closed because of FreakyFilmFan4ever behaviour, not because of anonymaus'.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:52 pm

The problem is with his “theories” (they’re barely even hypothesis) is that he doesn’t go far enough with his claims. Needless and baseless AsuShin sex ideas simply because Shinji quotes Misato that one time in Ep 16? Why not go full hog, incorporate the strangulation imagery along with it, and also claim erotic asphyxiation AsuShin sex? Using his broken logic, he could have justified literally anything he could have wanted, but settled for plain, boring, vanilla sex in order to settle a “Best Girl” debate.

Pathetic.

LPeyrani
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LPeyrani » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Ahahah here we are again! This time you did actually make me laugh, I didn't see it coming back this straight :-)
Yet, I hope this isn't going to flood the thread again. Why can't there be TWO threads, the boring one about anonymaus' hypotheses and another for the much more interesting, full-blown strangulation issue?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 pm

I wrote down a lengthy response regarding the Erotic Asphyxiation theory, but I might simply PM it to you some time tomorrow. In the meantime, my writings will stay safely copy+pasted onto a saved text document. I don't want to derail this thread. In fact, I'm not even sure if I want to watch this guy's newer video if it's gonna be a illogically structured as his last one. I don't have the energy for take-downs of stupid ideas, so I'll retire my interactions with this thread tonight, and decide if I want to interact with these ideas in the morning.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”