[RUMOR] Hideaki Anno directing Shin Ultraman

This is for discussion pertaining to Hideaki Anno's live-action "Shin" films, such as Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, and Shin Kamen Rider.

Moderator: Board Staff

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

[RUMOR] Hideaki Anno directing Shin Ultraman

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:55 pm

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Ultraman Rumor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:49 pm

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:51 pm

∆ Just saw that and I'm scared lol
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:02 am

I just wanted to raise a point that I saw in that twitter link. Wouldn't the partnership with Toho and/or Toei ensure a 2020 release date?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:16 am

http://kuribo4indahouse.tumblr.com/post/183257923747/im-nobody-to-decide-what-anno-does-with-his-time
My thoughts.
I think it's after Eva. I'm pretty hyped actually for the possibility.

Could this be what Anno meant with his working hard till 2022 illustration at the lamp festival?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:30 am

Did a copy and paste of the article into a translator and got this, have done no editing:

https://taishu.jp/articles/-/63863?page=1

Director Hideaki Anno of movie "Shin · Godzilla" released in the summer of 2016 and recorded a hit of 2.25 billion yen in civilization will start making the movie "Shin Ultraman" with "Ultraman" as the theme The information entered.

Some movie officials came out that "Shin Ultraman" cranks in this winter ". Director Anno himself is such a big fan who produced Ultraman's complete copy work while studying at the university, and it is more strange that he has already taken "Shin · Godzilla" and made a hit production project by him. However, Director Anno is expected to produce "Shin · Evangelion Theater Version ●" (※ ● =: || Repeat of Music Symbol = hereinafter "Shin Eva") which will be a complete version from animation fans . Mr. Anno's "Shin Ultraman" will be an unprecedented featured work, but "Shin Eva" may have a possibility of being postponed again this time "(entertainment professional relations Person "Evangelion New Theatrical Version" The final edition of all four series "Shin Eva". Originally in 2007 "Evangelion New Theater Version:? "This work, which was announced in the title, was delayed in production due to delay. The title was changed in 2012, and in 2016 the director Anno himself apologized for the delay of completion of "Shin Eva" at the seat of the completion conference of "Shin Godzilla”.

Although it is the same work that had nothing since then, in the summer of last year it suddenly announced the release of "Shin Eva" 2020 at the theaters nationwide. On January 31 of this year, Emi Ogata who is a voice actor of hero / Ikari Shinji reported that "Shin Eva" "Shot Entry" was held by her own Twitter account and it became a big topic among fans It was.

"If the production of" Shin Ultraman "is on the rumor, the shooting start is this winter.So coach Director Anno is planning to complete" Shin Eva "which will be released next year, but Director Anano has" There is also "pre-medicine" who has postponed "Shin · Eva" with "Shin · Godzilla" Because it is a person who sticks to the details, if you are addicted to the depth, it may be possible that it will not be completed by winter ... .... "Shin Ultraman" will have a schedule of performers and you will not be able to shoot the film, "Shin Ultraman" is the first, the end of 2020 or 2021, the worst, "Shin Eva" Perhaps it will be later than after. Either "Eva" or "Ultraman" will definitely be a super hit class hit, both in the future Kan "(anime magazine reporter)
"Shin · Godzilla" was announced as a topic with a total of 329 gorgeous casts. Master Kyogen Nomura Mansai (52) used the movement of Godzilla, use Hakuo Hasegawa (41), Yutaka Takenouchi (48), Satomi Ishihara (32), Ren Osugi (deceased) luxurious classes However, similarly to "Shin Ultraman", casts representing the Japanese film industry are likely to face a whole lot.

"Currently, as a candidate for the protagonists, the name is mentioned as a rumor among stakeholders among the stakeholders is Koichi Okada (38), it is a voice that the heroine is Tsuchiya Taiho (24) Okada is now Johnny's A national actor that is not limited to the frame.Moreover, Kurosawa Akira work is also a user of the action enough to acknowledge "sword-fighting" by the master of the Japanese film industry master Kimura Akira who has a camera.It can be said that it is a suitable person to play Hayata members Tsuchiya also performed Japanese dance, ballet, hip hop dance from the age of 3, and as you can see in the performance performed in the 2018 drama "Cheer ☆ Dan" (TBS series), the element of action is sufficient. He has also starred in numerous movies, and in 2012 and 2015, he also appeared in the TV drama 'Ultraman Rendo' (TV Tokyo series). Possibility to appear as a loin is it is likely "(entertainment professional personnel)

Will "Shin Eva" be completed by the crank-in of rumor "Shin Ultraman"? Everything depends on Director Anno."

So I gather there are rumors of Anno being hired to do a New Ultraman live action feature. That the plan would be to have production set to begin filming in the Winter (start of 2020?) and that having a cast & crew on location would have to take precedence because filming is the most time sensitive & costly part of making a movie. Sounds like a lot of "Ifs" & "Maybes" with a lot of hand wringing & very little confirmation in the article over if this would actually delay Eva. Which I would consider highly unlikely but....

I'm at a loss. Maybe someone who actually understands Japanese can get a grasp on what the article is saying but for now this seems like a wait to see what happens scenario. We know Final Eva is heavily in production right now and they even brought the cast together recently for a celebration. They're currently paying people to make a movie. The chances Toho would allow the film to be delayed enough that it misses 2020 is slight seeing as they've put out a trailer and are even doing Eva2020 merchandise. Course crazier things have happened.

If this is real a more concrete announcement could be made on April 1st, maybe?
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:36 am

More thoughts:

We might know if this is true April 1?

There's a real possibility that by winter Eva will be almost done and it will come out in 2020 still. Like Anno could start Ultraman and still oversee Eva's last production months. Dunno.

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:00 am

EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 am

To the people spreading such nonsense

(assuming it's nonsense)

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:59 am

The happier things in life can wait.

There is no running away from Eva. Never.

And no apologies. They are pointless.

Only when it’s really over, then I deserve to be happy.

That‘s only...  SPOILER: Show
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:57 am

They could guarantee that people don't get to see their trailers, and save money, by not making them!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:52 am

The article (if Google Translate is accurate enough for this) seems to claim that Shin Eva was delayed for Shin Godzilla, so it could be delayed again for Shin Ultraman. But Shin Eva was never delayed. Khara never once promised a release date and failed to deliver on that release date.

Besides, Anno is never late. Nor is he early, he always arrives precisely when he means to.

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:34 am

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:37 am

Moon Runes on my Safari mobile, my greatest enemy...

EDIT: I forgot I had Google Translate.

Basically none of the rights holders have actually announced such a thing, so everything is still going on as usual with Shin Eva.

But, real talk, I’d totallly be down for an Anno directed Ultraman again.

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:46 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I’d totallly be down for an Anno directed Ultraman again.

Me too, after Shin Eva...

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 am

^ Totally. I was assuming that was a given, but with all these rumors floating around, I guess I’d do better to be more specific, huh? :wink:

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:17 am

Neither the rumor nor the company denying anything mean anything in the end I think.

The company won't answer "Yup lol, we're making the movie" because a website asks.

We'll see I guess.

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:26 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Neither the rumor nor the company denying anything mean anything in the end I think.

The company won't answer "Yup lol, we're making the movie" because a website asks.

We'll see I guess.

That's not an answer, just an official reply to a hoax shared by a tabloid.

Zeta_One
Adam

Re: Shin Ultraman (rumor?)

•      
  •      

Postby Zeta_One » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 am

Anno in charge of an Ultraman movie? That would be a dream come true for him. And another reason to delay the last Rebuild I suppose.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:57 pm

So that would mean Final would have been pushed back not just for Shin Gojira, but for Shin Ultraman?

Please let this be a prank
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Live-Action "Shin" & Other Khara Projects!”