You Wake Up In The Eva Verse

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: You Wake Up In The Eva Verse

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Based on how Shinji erected grave markers for everyone, the nail in Misato's grave marker even appearing to have rusted a bit, it would seem that some time has passed for Shinji before Asuka showed up on the beach. He had to have been surviving somehow. Maybe he did drink some of the LCL? Drinking LCL mixed with seawater would probably make you really sick though.

I've seen some interpretations that Asuka's final words on the beach could be translated as "I feel sick" rather than "how disgusting", with some even claiming that it is a reference to morning sickness. While I don't personally buy into the morning sickness interpretation, I do believe that one way of looking at Asuka's line of "I feel sick", could relate to the LCL. When Shinji is exposed to LCL for the first time in Episode 1 and breathes it in, he says that he feels sick, saying it in the same way Asuka did: "Kimochi warui".

Asuka saying this on the beach could be a sign that she has just recently come back from the sea of LCL after being in it for so long, leading to her feeling sick, much like Shinji did in Episode 1, or she got really desperate and tried drinking the LCL to survive, but it made her sick. In real life, drinking sea water is very bad for you, and one of the things that will happen if you drink it is severe nausea and vomiting, which would make sense if Asuka did try drinking the LCL, which in this case would have sea water mixed in with it.

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 pm

View Original PostMelkor wrote:Would all the cities built by humans still be intact though? As far as I could tell, the only thing Human Instrumentality did was make all the humans turn into LCL. It didn't seem to destroy any of their homes or buildings, so if people did start to come back from the sea of LCL, it would be easy for them to just go back to living as they were before. As for food, would it be possible to obtain nourishment from the LCL, either by soaking in it or drinking it? Granted, there's the possibility you might be drinking someone, but if its the only option you have to survive while waiting for humanity to come back, I'll take it.

If you drank someone and then they came back later what happens? Are they like inside you?
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

Youtube - http://bit.ly/2Ff9PHr
Twitter - https://bit.ly/2wrrC7v

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:55 pm

View Original PostMelkor wrote:Based on how Shinji erected grave markers for everyone, the nail in Misato's grave marker even appearing to have rusted a bit, it would seem that some time has passed for Shinji before Asuka showed up on the beach. He had to have been surviving somehow. Maybe he did drink some of the LCL? Drinking LCL mixed with seawater would probably make you really sick though.

I've seen some interpretations that Asuka's final words on the beach could be translated as "I feel sick" rather than "how disgusting", with some even claiming that it is a reference to morning sickness. While I don't personally buy into the morning sickness interpretation, I do believe that one way of looking at Asuka's line of "I feel sick", could relate to the LCL. When Shinji is exposed to LCL for the first time in Episode 1 and breathes it in, he says that he feels sick, saying it in the same way Asuka did: "Kimochi warui".

Asuka saying this on the beach could be a sign that she has just recently come back from the sea of LCL after being in it for so long, leading to her feeling sick, much like Shinji did in Episode 1, or she got really desperate and tried drinking the LCL to survive, but it made her sick. In real life, drinking sea water is very bad for you, and one of the things that will happen if you drink it is severe nausea and vomiting, which would make sense if Asuka did try drinking the LCL, which in this case would have sea water mixed in with it.

I've never thought of it like that! That's really interesting an actual normal reason for her to say "I feel sick"
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Who knows how long Asuka was on that beach before Shinji found her. She had bandages over her injuries, so they had to have come from somewhere. Maybe Shinji put them on her before she woke up? When it comes to Asuka drinking the LCL, her thought process must have been something along the lines of "I'd rather drink sea water than be stuck here with you." in regards to Shinji.

In a way, being forced to drink LCL in order to survive, even though it will make him sick, is a perfect representation of Shinji's rejection of Human Instrumentality and return reality. Shinji acknowledges that he cannot survive without other people (needing to drink LCL for nourishment), but understands that they will also continue to hurt him too (the LCL making him feel sick when he drinks it).

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 pm

If you made a habit of drinking that LCL, I feel like getting sick would be the least of your problems... We see in the final scene that there's a dilapidated town close by. Looting for packaged and canned foods seems the simplest and most intuitive option.

This is quickly venturing from the original hypothetical into Discussion topics, such as the ones below. Please continue the discussion in a more relevant thread, if you like.

thread/2458/What-Now-in-terms-of-Children-2-and-3Post-3I-thoughts/
thread/2270/Passage-of-Time-EoE-Final-Scene/
thread/1879/Kimochi-Warui/

Nerd King: Just a heads up on posting etiquette... Please do not double-post (if you want to add something, use Edit instead), and, when you're quoting another user, only include the part(s) relevant to your response, not the entire thing.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 pm

Nerd King: Just a heads up on posting etiquette... Please do not double-post (if you want to add something, use Edit instead), and, when you're quoting another user, only include the part(s) relevant to your response, not the entire thing.[/quote]

Ok, thank you! I've never been much of a forum guy myself. But I'm so into Eva at this point I needed somewhere to talk about it! Just quick question where did I double post?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:03 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:If you made a habit of drinking that LCL, I feel like getting sick would be the least of your problems... We see in the final scene that there's a dilapidated town close by. Looting for packaged and canned foods seems the simplest and most intuitive option. .

Plot Twist:

Parallel to the Instrumentality of Mankind came the Mankind of Instrumentality. Can openers now shriek unbearably when you attempt to use them.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Well anyway, my main point was, Shinji was somehow surviving on his own until Asuka showed up, whether it be by raiding supplies or drinking LCL. If even Shinji can manage to survive in that wasteland, then we should be able to as well after waking up from the sea of LCL in a post Third Impact world.

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 pm

View Original PostMelkor wrote:Well anyway, my main point was, Shinji was somehow surviving on his own until Asuka showed up, whether it be by raiding supplies or drinking LCL. If even Shinji can manage to survive in that wasteland, then we should be able to as well after waking up from the sea of LCL in a post Third Impact world.

I agree with this! Shinji's not the strongest or brightest tool in the box. If he can do it. We sure can.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Well, I'd probably hit on Mari or Hikari, or both. Definitely both.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:27 pm

You know one of those is a teenager and the other is an ageless, boundless manifestation of raw chaos, right?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 pm

^ So I'll go with the timeless manifestation of raw chaos. What's the harm :shrug:
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Keeps life interesting, at least.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 pm

^ Exactly, what''s life without some surprises?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:53 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ So I'll go with the timeless manifestation of raw chaos. What's the harm :shrug:

So Hikari, then.
the prophecy is true

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:29 pm

^ Yeah, I'd be fine with that ^_^
Hikari-chan  SPOILER: Show
More Hikari-chan  SPOILER: Show

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:34 am

What I would do is only to punish the characters in Eva.

I give them a war they won‘t believe and remind them of their ignorance and falseness of their beliefs and hopes in their actions.

In 3.0 directly after N4I, I start a coup against WILLE with other deserters like me, who I recruted from illegal fight clubs. They keep them busy to gain time for my escape out from the WUNDER, so I can hunt down Shinji and Asuka in the ruins.

I would start a fight with Maya to punish her because of her activating the Dummy Plug back then when Matsushiro happened. She should've denied Gendos order and instead encourage Shinji to fight off Bardiel and safe Asuka. But out of fear of losing her job as Rits assistant and to never see her again, she risked to let this happen.

Out of respect and dignity towards women, I would never hit on their faces in a fight. But this won't hinder me to hurt her enough so she won't stop me from my escape. After all, this is a fight with a WILLE-Officer.

To Mari, I'll tell her that the last thing she 'll see for her "Princess" and "Puppy" to happen, are the consequences they will face for everything what went wrong between them. That as Eva Pilots, they will always be confronted with their very nature, of being incapable to truly value the importance of living and other people and to protect them.

To Sakura, I would tell her that it was a mistake for her to join WILLE and wasting her goodness on Shinji, who didn't listen to her warning, to not pilot Eva. Durring my escape, I would take her hostage, to force Kats and Rits to let me leave the WUNDER. I would never intend to hurt her, but for a human shield, this makes WILLE be the fuckers if they shoot at her only to stop me.

Those blue bandana wearing fucks are nothing more than big fucking victims, who I would taint their blue bandanas red with their own blood, to taunt WILLEs reputation of being "good" people.

Then finally in the ruins when I find them, I 'll force Asuka to kill Shinji.

Though I know she would hesitate, that after all she went through and all her anger on Shinji, she wouldn't kill him only to save her own life.

She might think I would kill her then, but instead I shoot on her right arm and I taunt on them both how little they deserve each other and how pathethic they are to believe they still can wash the blood from their hands off, that they deserve it better.

I know that I've become WILLEs enemy, but as soon when WILLE eleminates NERV, me and my organization will be the ones who 'll liberate humanity from these false saviors and be the ones who keep this promise.

We are called BEFREIER and we 'll use WILLEs and NERVs means against them and create methods, weapons and technologies that 'll surpass what WILLE and NERV did. Including Evas.

And I would canalise the Evas and Angels powers, to have the same powers as Mads Mikkelsens character Cliff from Death Stranding  SPOILER: Show

Yes, this is for me for how much I despise what happened in 3.0 and how little I believe that Eva deserves a better ending with FINAL.
Last edited by The Cruel on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:59 am

Ok, dude, i think many of us here can agree (or at least i hope many of us do) that you seriously need to take a chill pill
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:41 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Ok, dude, i think many of us here can agree (or at least i hope many of us do) that you seriously need to take a chill pill

I didn't expect a answer that fast, but after all It's normal this would concern you. I'm calm as I can ever be about Eva, but I'm also more certain over my conscience without being thoughtless.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:31 pm

You're free to write any fanfic you like (your one above is at least shorter than mine!). But I will be intrigued to see your reaction when the final film eventually gets released.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”