Wiki DIY - Pages That Need TLC (Read OP)

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Wiki DIY - Pages That Need TLC (Read OP)

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 am

Hey guys, as SEELE-01 suggested, I figured starting a thread about this would be a good idea. Basically, if you see any pages that need a lot of work (or a little work) than post them (w/ links) so we can work together to make the wiki better.

To start off I know I have to finish the manga pages I started editing and the Raising Project pages I made, and I'm sure some of the other manga pages (like Campus Apocalypse) need work too.

Also, could one of you nice mods pin this thread? (EDIT: Thank you kind mods for pinning!)
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Re: Wiki DIY - Pages That Need TLC (Read OP)

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:00 am

This is a list of items to be done or in the process of being done. Any suggestions in the thread will be put here and tracked with the person who's offered to fix up that page.

So the list is as follows:
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Overall, I'd say the https://wiki.evageeks.org/Category:Theory_and_Analysis pages could use work. Shouldn't "CI Does / Does Not Reconcile" be on the same page but separate sections?

It's been so long since I tackled our Wiki, but that's what immediately comes to mind.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:29 pm

^ Yeah, they probably should be combined. And thank you for posting the suggestions!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 pm

No problem! I'm honestly a little rusty on the wiki work, because like I said it's been years, but that at least comes to mind :thumbsup:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:46 pm

I need to take a look around (after successfully convincing myself that I won't have a panic attack in doing so...). I'd probably want to check the pages in "order of most visited" -- prioritize what gets the most traffic.

Offhand, I recall the Lilith page needs to be done over from scratch. It just doesn't match the standard set by other Angel pages.

I think all of the nonsense about "PWM" needs to get weeded out. There are other, better ways to organize the relevant information and observations. "Blood Type" would probably be a better place for stuff about what Angels are made of, for the obvious reason that "Blood Type" (aka wavelength) is an actual term used in-show and it's consistently associated with how Angels are identified. There's no reason to resort to nonsensical fanon terms here.

At this point we probably also need to split out all the NTE material into its own set of pages and do accompanying clean-up and updates.

Apologies if some of this stuff was taken care of while my eyes were away.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 pm

^ @Reichu Also going through and standardizing the terms for the EVAs themselves, like Eva-01, etc. I know some articles use Unit-01 so getting everything to match one way or the other would probably be best for consistency's sake.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Seeing as we have till June 21st before the series hits Netflix, there's still plenty of time to polish up the wiki a bit

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:32 am

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... lationship

I've had to hear complaints about this one Wiki article for a long time and, looking at it... yeah. It's ... not good. Anybody around who likes writing about the Asuka/Shinji relationship and can do so without giving it the overwrought proselytizing OTP treatment, please please please clean it up and tone it down. This is supposed to be a relationship article, not a bloody shipping article. There's a difference.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”