Eva Misconceptions wiki page?

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Eva Misconceptions wiki page?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:33 pm

If there's already a thread about this and my search-fu's weak, y'all know what to do with merge.

Reichu's thoughts here got me thinking that at the very least for our Evageeks Wiki before Spring 2019, shouldn't we create/expand on a "Misconceptions about NGE/EoE" page? (I honestly feel like we've had threads or even a wiki page about this, but a quick search didn't lead me to anything?? Am I just massively brain farting, here?)

As for what content should go on it, what immediately comes to my mind:

•Is explaining the death threats. (I honestly can't recall if they were actually about TV ending, or Death & Rebirth but I thought it was the latter?) And if memory serves, it was only a handful of messages, right? Weren't most e-mails and letters expressing praise/excitement?
    •The exact time frame of Anno's depression in relation to EoE, maybe also a note about how similar burn out happened to him after Eva: Q.
    I want to say how End of TV was time constraints, NOT budget. I still see this spouted off so often that it's actually an annoyance. But then I remembered this quote that NAW-kun provided us, so what was the real story about the End of TV's, well, end?

Any other crucial info I'm forgetting? (Maybe something from this thread??) I'd be more than happy to work on a page like this in my spare time, but I'd need y'all's help in finding the sources for everything. Also: I'm pretty sure stuff like 'shipping and concurrency and what not long ago have their own Wiki Articles.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Eva Misconceptions wiki page?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Unit-00's soul is Naoko Akagi.

Asuka at the end of EoE is a composite of Re/Misato/Asuka.

Pen Pen is God.

Chairman Keel is the wander Jew.

And depending on whether we get into fanon/fandom... there's always the Robin Williams / One Hour Photo / Evangelion thing... :)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Heh, at least the Rei I/Eva-00 stuff is covered here: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... 0%27s_Soul

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:53 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Heh, at least the Rei I/Eva-00 stuff is covered here: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... 0%27s_Soul

Hey Sailor Star Dust, if you have any other suggestions on what pages need to be improved would you mind posting them here?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Replied.

About this thread: I'd happily fix up this page and include sources wherever possible, but the page I have in mind involves the "real life" aspects of the show. I know the information here could be a start, which, I sure as hell hope WayBack Machine works for the pages no longer in existence. Ugh.

EDIT: In the mean time, I'm prettying up the T & A (forever lol) Common Misconceptions page, that article's tone is somewhat unprofessional, IMO. Should be finished by tomorrow ^_^

Anyone else have any thoughts, give your feedback in here :asuka_thumbsup:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:50 pm

For someone who's rusty on wiki work you're certainly moving fast ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Haha, thanks ^_^ I finished fixing the page tonight (family stuff kept me busy lately): https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... onceptions

It looks good to my eyes, sounds like a nice and "professional" tone. But do let me know if there's any other important stuff we need on there—maybe a bullet point about the time and budget situation since we have Anno's words on that from his 2013 interview?

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 pm

I don't know if it's a "misconception" per say, but the fandom's constant meme like notion that Shinji needs to "Get in the Robot!" Trivial in comparison to the stuff on that list but it still grinds my gears. Do these people actually watch the show or is this truly a meme? Shinji "Gets in the Robot" - Several times in fact. At one point, he won't get out of the robot! :deadhorse:
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Ugh, I personally hate the meme so much that I wouldn't want to address it :lol: It's gotta be by people that don't watch the show, or something.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:31 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:As for what content should go on it, what immediately comes to my mind:

•Is explaining the death threats. (I honestly can't recall if they were actually about TV ending, or Death & Rebirth but I thought it was the latter?) And if memory serves, it was only a handful of messages, right? Weren't most e-mails and letters expressing praise/excitement?
    •The exact time frame of Anno's depression in relation to EoE, maybe also a note about how similar burn out happened to him after Eva: Q.
    I want to say how End of TV was time constraints, NOT budget. I still see this spouted off so often that it's actually an annoyance. But then I remembered this quote that NAW-kun provided us, so what was the real story about the End of TV's, well, end?

As much as I've participated in compiling the original misconceptions list, you just listed the very items that are outside of my particular wheelhouse. The budget/schedule thing especially seems like an issue where original Japanese-language sources would probably come in handy, so I've always deferred to experts (read: Reichu) with it. It's annoying to be useless like this, and these days, since I'm like a decade removed from my previous worthwhile contributions, I keep hoping I could just throw money at someone more dedicated to help keep the wiki maintained.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:53 pm

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:It's annoying to be useless like this, and these days, since I'm like a decade removed from my previous worthwhile contributions, I keep hoping I could just throw money at someone more dedicated to help keep the wiki maintained.

No sweat, I totally understand your feelings! There are Japanese interviews around, but it just doesn't feel the same that a factual/accurate Japanese book would give us for sure. I know Amazon.JP has plenty of "Guides Solving the Mysteries of Eva" (FLCL poked fun at that in an episode) but my knowledge besides that fact is limited :sweatdrop:

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”