Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:28 pm

Superman - Man of Tomorrow trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3N7hLTrrM
First of the post new 52 inspired DC universe animated movies which recently ended with the extremely bloody Apokolips War. Not clear if this will start a new shared universe or will just be a stand alone. Very pleased to see Martian Manhunter in a prominent role potentially as mentor to the young Superman. Art style is unique compared to any of the previous DC animated movies, at times kinda flat looking but solid anyway.

I really hope they don't rehash Wonder Woman's origin again in her next animated appearance. They covered it in her 2009 & Bloodlines animated films on top of her live action 2017 film. (still salty the 2009 film didn't get a sequel)

Deathstroke - Knights & Dragons trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2dMzlOIVxg

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Watching Justice League Dark: Apokolips War on Amazon Prime a few days ago made me realize that this was the first time ever Damian Wayne never annoyed me in the slightest bit. Maybe it was the puberty in the voice or the fact that an intergalactic war that turned his father into Darkseid's unwilling servant and dealing with his ever present feelings for Raven gave him a much needed levity in the ego sector. Absolutely adored the penultimate shot of the ending before credits rolled was Damian and Raven kiss. Such a shame that out of the many casualties, Nightwing may have gotten Starfire back but how can he enjoy it if he's gone out of his own sanity to the point which their sentimental moment was Kori consoling the poor soul. May be a fate worse than death if you ask me.

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I went into detail about Justice League Dark: Apokolips War in the Superheroes thread so I will keep it short. Tremendous yet bittersweet method of ending the first continuity of the DC Comics Animated Universe indeed. The amount of carnage and casualties will have you on the edge of your seat. Plus, if I ever meet Hynden Walch (voice of Harley) at a con, I definitely need to ask her to do that "If you're happy and you know it, smack a head" tune that her character sings while going to town on the enemies. :D

What did you think were the best films of this specific continuity? I've only seen Flashpoint Paradox (thought it was damn good) and JL-War (thought it was weak to poor)
Last edited by movieartman on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gus Hanson
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:59 pm

I have seen Son of Batman, Batman vs. Robin, Batman Bad Blood, Justice League vs. Teen Titans, Teen Titans The Judas Contract, and The Death of Superman as far as the main continuity and Damian Wayne was the weak sauce in most of them. Off putting personality and the kid voice which like I said earlier got more deeper thanks to puberty in Apokolips War were the main problems. But I did like his connection with Raven.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Olivia Wilde (tron legacy) will direct Spider Woman for Sony. It was initially posted on most sites as just a rumor but she re-posted a tweet of the news with a spider symbol so that seems to confirm it.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-woman/olivia-wilde-tapped-to-direct-spider-woman-movie-for-marvel-and-sony-pictures-a177670#gs.dd60st

My primary concern with this film is I really like Drew's relationship with Hydra in the comics and I'm afraid that such won't be allowed in the film with it being a Sony production. A more serious Winter Soldier-y spy oriented Spider Woman film would be exactly the thing to contrast her from Holland's slice of life Spider Man movies.

The Boys - Season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHwlqyMyhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMrAN5Xwes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OC5NSRW9Lw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN8fFM1ZdWo

MuscleRobo
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:22 am

Couldn't it be Spider Gwen if it's just a Spider as the hint?

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Ben Affleck officially confirmed to be returning for The Flash!
FUCK YES!
Keaton is also confirmed.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flas ... #gs.dg3ruq

Affleck received the script for the movie last week, and has now agreed to star in the project.

"He’s a very substantial part of the emotional impact of the movie," director Andy Muschietti explains. "The interaction and relationship between Barry and Affleck’s Wayne will bring an emotional level that we haven’t seen before. It’s Barry’s movie, it’s Barry’s story, but their characters are more related than we think. They both lost their mothers to murder, and that’s one of the emotional vessels of the movie. That’s where the Affleck Batman kicks in."

The filmmaker later added that Keaton's Batman will have a "substantial" part, but it wouldn't work for the Flash to meet another Dark Knight without "the original" being part of the proceedings. "He’s the baseline," the director notes. "He’s part of that unaltered state before we jump into Barry’s adventure. There's a familiarity there."

In the same interview, producer Barbara Muschietti reveals that she was surprised Affleck was happy to return as Batman given past comments he made about playing the character, but noted that "he’s now in a very different time in his life. Right now he’s in a place where he can actually enjoy being Batman. It's a pivotal role, but at the same time it’s a fun part."

I really hope they don't erase him with with the Flashpoint shenanigans but they probably will :um:

Logo & Jim Lee art revealed for The Batman (pattinson)
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/t ... #gs.dg3ro6

Sony's Kraven the Hunter movie has it's director, he did A Most Violent Year and Triple Frontier.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-m ... or-a177699

Gendo'sPapa
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:40 pm

It’s smart of Warner Brothers to get everyone excited about the many Batmen who are going to appear in THE FLASH film.

It keeps people from taking about Ezra Miller’s recent assault charges and the tons of other upsetting stuff that is soon going to come out about him in the next two years (And there’s a lot) between now and the release.

By the time the movie comes out and who Miller is is public knowledge everyone will still end up going to see the film because it will be marketed as “The Meeting of the Batmen”

Gus Hanson
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:22 pm

Just got done watching Reign of the Supermen.

This one in the main continuity of DC Animated Universe features ranks extremely high on my list, possibly number one. Everyone had a part to play in the final battle, right down to Lois who is no longer a damsel and kicks ass even saving Clark's life at the critical moment. The rest of the Justice League are sidelined for most of the film so it could focus on the message of the humans being their own heroes for once. Steel Irons is represented with respect and not fucked up like the live action Shaq travesty of the 90s. Even the devilishly charming Lex Luthor joins in on the universe saving festivities when the situation calls for it. Superboy was annoying at first but after spending some moments of motherly love from Lois, he matures way faster than that pea brain Damian Wayne ever did with his father Bruce which took IDK how many damn movies!
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:37 am

The Batman teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLOp_6uPccQ
Massive Batfleck supporter here... they sold me. Damn this is going hard into the Seven-ish gritty noir vibe and I am loving it hard. His suit and even mask looks vastly better than I feared going by BTS pics of the stuntman in the suit.
And note this fantastic trailer was put together with only 25-30% of the film done.

Wonder Woman 1984 trailer 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW2E2Fnh52w
Better than 1st trailer.

The Suicide Squad
Roll Call - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8tWKJwyG6Y
BTS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImYeXnr13Q
Harley finally has a great outfit. Straight up adapting her Injustice 2 design with the Jacket.
Peacemaker looks ok, colors are too bright.
I like the island setting and comparisons to 70s war films.
Dislike how smooth & cartoony King Shark looks.
The CW did shockingly better.
And so did Stan Winston way back in 1997 for Peter Benchley's Creature and he did it with Practical Effects.
SPOILER: Show

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:It’s smart of Warner Brothers to get everyone excited about the many Batmen who are going to appear in THE FLASH film.

It keeps people from taking about Ezra Miller’s recent assault charges and the tons of other upsetting stuff that is soon going to come out about him in the next two years (And there’s a lot) between now and the release.

By the time the movie comes out and who Miller is is public knowledge everyone will still end up going to see the film because it will be marketed as “The Meeting of the Batmen”

Didn't know he was actually charged.
Do you know why they don't just fire him and cancel the apocalyptically troubled movie production?
We aren't getting another DCEU Justice League so The Flash not appearing again won't effect future WW or Aquaman films. I just don't see the benefit of keeping him.

Gendo'sPapa
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:32 pm

movieartman wrote:Do you know why they don't just fire him and cancel the apocalyptically troubled movie production?

That I have no idea. My guess would be he has a really good contract and it would cost WB more to replace him in the role than just continue ahead with production. Turning The Flash into a Batman Reunion basically means the film will be a smash success no matter if the bad PR comes out or not.

Anywho, I watched the trailers from FanDome and easily Matt Reeves The Batman was the standout. I know they’ve only shot 1/4 of the movie but I hope that awesome trailer is indicative of what the film is going to be and it will stay smaller scale. I didn’t like Joker but I liked that it was a mid budget movie and didn’t revolve around a third act action sequence full of plot McMuffins and explosive set pieces and would like to see more of that. I’d love a Smaller Batman film where the villain isn’t trying to “destroy Gotham”.

Most Hollywood productions usually put the most effects heavy sequences near the start of the schedule if they can to give the VFX team more time to work So I’m hoping we’re getting a small scale Batman story where he hunts down a serial killer Riddler and it stays that scale.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:47 am

Chadwick Boseman has died of colon cancer at 43. He was diagnosed with stage 3 back in 2016 and made 8 films while battling it.
Absolute warrior!
RIP!

EDIT --- Removed comments about the future of Panther in the Mcu. Sorry.
Last edited by movieartman on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:51 am

Holy shit, what the fuck....
Live-Action Lofi Hip Hop Radio beats to relax/study to

Details about the making of the video here.

Gendo'sPapa
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Hey “movieart”man,

Maybe wait a few days until you start worrying about what’s going to happen in Black Panther II. You didn’t even wait a few hours. A human being, by all accounts a kind and caring one, just died.

RIP Chadwick Boseman.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:02 pm

If anything the idea of there even having been a Black Panther II in the works despite Chadwick Boseman battling cancer for 4 years makes me really mad. Like, how long were they gonna keep pressuring this dying man into making The Mouse money? (The answer was apparently “Until he dies, of course.”)

I know I’m sounding somewhat unreasonable right now, but seriously, this whole situation makes me immeasurably sad.

RIP Chadwick Boseman.
Live-Action Lofi Hip Hop Radio beats to relax/study to

Details about the making of the video here.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:49 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Hey “movieart”man,

Maybe wait a few days until you start worrying about what’s going to happen in Black Panther II. You didn’t even wait a few hours. A human being, by all accounts a kind and caring one, just died.

RIP Chadwick Boseman.

I just made those points about the MCU ramifications because of the relevance to this thread. I strongly commended him on his fight & drive beforehand, I genuinely can't even imagine the willpower to do all that.

I heard the news around 10pm and didn't post the news until 3am-ish, so yes I did wait a bit. I expected you or someone else to bring it up first.

My mom got tears in her eyes when I gave her the news & tonight me and her may watch 21 Bridges which he stars in.
My grandfather (who was nicer to me than my actual father) died of cancer & my aunt was recently cleared of cancer so trust me I do not take cancer deaths lightly

And "movieart" in my username was just because I was into movies & I was a artist, it wasn't meant to be anything pretentious.

I strongly apologize to everyone if I seemed disrespectful.

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:If anything the idea of there even having been a Black Panther II in the works despite Chadwick Boseman battling cancer for 4 years makes me really mad. Like, how long were they gonna keep pressuring this dying man into making The Mouse money? (The answer was apparently “Until he dies, of course.”)

Hopefully he genuinely wanted to do it all, if to leave his wife some money if nothing else but yeah them announcing BP2 with him presumably not in the clear would be messed up.
Maybe he was in remission.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:02 am

Really well done fan concept art for the Flash Batman team up movie by George Evangelista.
Flash's outfit is based on official concept art at Fandome.
SPOILER: Show

Return to “Film and Video”