Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm

3 episodes into The Boys and fucking loving it. The total antithesis of the MCU and a huge middle finger to the over-saturation of superhero media. Plus, Karl Urban.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm

In that case, I'd love to watch it!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:33 pm

So how come no one is talking about the boys? It's fucking beautiful, don't you guys have anything to say?

Antony Starr is perfection.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 am

Anyone watching any of the Arrow-verse Dc shows? I haven't but the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover has me intrigued by the returning cast from previous Dc movies and shows.
Brandon Routh (superman returns) will return as a Kingdom Come style Superman.
SPOILER: Show

Tom Welling & Erica Druance will be returning as their versions of Clark & Lois from the Smallville tv series.
Kevin Conroy (the extremely iconic voice of batman in most animation since the 90s) will play a crippled Kingdom Come style Bruce Wayne.
Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLAd-G42w8
Clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... rDBkZw-85s

===

Wonder Woman 1984 trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfM7_JLk-84

For Me...
Pros
- Wigg looks good and is giving me Vera Farmiga vibes.
- The white house fight looks to be well choreographed.
- Flashbacks to the Amazon competitions looks cool.
- The lassoing lightning bolts is a really preposterous idea even for comics but the effects sold it from the bit shown.
- Pascal is selling it on the commercials.

Cons
- The Gold outfit looks ok but the wings look extremely cheap. They really should have CGI-ed them.
- The wishing stone is the most "really?" manner of going about Cheetah's story I could think of, usually it's some dark human sacrifice cult stuff or epic god figure giving her her curse/powers. I worry they are making it too safe.
- The 80s music really doesn't fit near the end of the trailer.
- On a personal level I don't care for the Trump call outs with Maxwell's appearance and the the shot of a wall being destroyed (in the leaks it's some dictator/king who wished for his city/country to be safe)

Pros from outside the trailer
- I can't find the article this second but I saw that Jenkins confirmed that Cheetah would be a mix of practical and CGI. Which is for the best considering how awful the entirely CGI cat people look in the Cats trailer.

Cons from outside the trailer
- It's just really not what I wanted from this movie at all. When I heard it would have Cheetah and set in the 80s I was picturing Diana fighting the Soviets and tracking Cheetah through deep jungle among ancient temples Indiana Jones style. And I had hoped that Diana and Minerva would have been friends for a long time and she would be really sympathetic like in the recent comics but from the leaks it seems...
SPOILER: Show
she becomes a villain purely out of petty jealousy.

===

Birds of Prey trailer from last month - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGM4uYZzfu0

Pros
- Glad it seems to have kept the Suicide Squad visual style.
- Happy with Mew being in the film.
- Obi Wan seems to be having a lot of fun.

Cons
- Black Mask has no Black Mask (supposedly this has been fixed in re shoots), none of the characters look anything like their comic counterparts in almost anyway. Harley's outfits are deep trash. There is no excuse for not at the bare minimum using her iconic colors in some way, she looks like a crazy cat lady that fell into a confetti factory.
- HATE what they have done with Cassandra Cain.
- They are pushing Harley front and center and the other characters got zero spotlight.

Return to “Film and Video”