Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:06 pm

https://www.destructoid.com/disney-repo ... 6691.phtml

Those of you who think that we might be getting more R-rated Marvel movies. . . put away your shades, 'cause the future doesn't look too bright.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:35 am

Any article that opens up with "all our worst fears are coming true" is reactionary garbage that need not be taken seriously.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:49 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:https://www.destructoid.com/disney-reportedly-wants-to-downsize-fox-scale-back-movies-that-aren-t-family-friendly-franchise-focused--516691.phtml

Those of you who think that we might be getting more R-rated Marvel movies. . . put away your shades, 'cause the future doesn't look too bright.

I'm not buying this because if they wanted to cut back they could have already trimmed by culling Family Guy and put on a stopper on the Orville having a S3 since nether are kid friendly and have questionable adult content which is places in my view is really bad taste. I think the person in this is just playing on the whole thing with James Gunn getting sacked and Disney saying its due to not matching there family friendly ideals.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:01 pm

TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Wow that's just bad....and its twitter yet again :irked:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 am

Do these people not realise that they are actively harming their own cause? I honestly don't get how anyone can convince themselves that this type of behavior is doing them a favor
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Do these people not realise that they are actively harming their own cause? I honestly don't get how anyone can convince themselves that this type of behavior is doing them a favor

I know how this behaviour works due to the time I spent on tumblr before throwing in the towel. You get one person saying a sweeping statement for better or worse everyone favs comments and loves that statement but god forbid you disagree with that statement if you do prepare to be attacked and fed to rabid dogs or told to go kill yourself.

The same logic works on twitter one or more popular or famous tweeter people kick up a storm everyone agrees then instead of being adults or discussing it logically everyone leaps on to that running popular statement or idea bandwagon and attacks the source like children. The worst part is in the thick of it you don't know your doing it or that its wrong and you want to be part of the crowd so badly and not be singled out for disagreeing that you follow that herd even if that herd is as toxic as hell and about to leap off a cliff and make a whole group of fandom look bad....
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 am

I really like how Disney shot themselves in the foot over the James Gunn situation and now they can’t even make a Guardians Vol. 3 movie.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm curious to see how the post-A4 landscape shapes up, seeing as that movie was meant to introduce a new phase or whatever, plus everyone who works at Marvel Studios has to be a little on edge given that the Disney higher ups will tank the entire franchise over some chickenshit tweets the guy already apologized for.

It's kind of amazing how any of this happened at all. Look at how Disney has managed the Star Wars brand. Considering that they can't seem to get a tentpole movie out (A Wrinkle in Time* was a disaster) anymore that isn't Marvel, the rashness of their decision is shocking. It wouldn't surprise me if, at this point, they haven't rehired him and moved on purely as a face saving move. More people know about those tweets know because of them.

Also, I hope the trolls that bullied Disney into firing him are attacked by the dreaded candiru fish.

*I went to see A Wrinkle in Time in theaters when it came out. I knew I was in for something when, before the movie actually started, the director appeared on screen to tell me how good and important the movie is.

No. Just no. Don't do that.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:43 pm

In this whole Guardians 3 affair - movie will still get made & nerds will still go - the only person who comes out looking good is Dave Bautista. While Chris "His PR team is working overtime to keep his Pro-Trump, Pro-MAGA, Obama Birther & Build that Wall Supporter"" Pratt & the other Guardians have been pretty quiet besides that one letter, Bautista has openly called Disney a bunch of assholes several times through his Twitter account. He's openly said he wants out of Marvel if James Gunn isn't directing Vol. 3. He's made no bones that while he'll be back for Vol. 3 if needed - he is legally contracted to and has to come back if Disney wants it or can be sued for millions - he wants to leave the Marvel Universe entirely** if James Gunn isn't brought back. He does not suffer Nazis lightly and probably would break Mike Cernovich's face if they ever crossed in the real world. He's a good guy.

** Would not be surprised if Drax is the only character to stay dead when everyone is brought back to life in Avengers 4.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:22 pm

The audience demographic that Disney risks losing with the GOTG controversy are fence riders like me: people who don't really care, may or may not have gone to see it, but won't now that they are turned off by what happened with James Gunn. Now my weak 'maybe' has become a hard 'no thanks'. I have no investment in these Marvel films, and I feel even less compelled to get into them now.

On the other hand, I sold my soul to Star Wars long ago. Disney is still getting my money.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:20 pm

So, the thing about rehiring James Gunn is that Disney C.E.O. Bob Iger is considering retiring, which means that all of the higher-ups underneath him want to make it look that their decisions matter and are final. As a result, Alan Horn (who fired Gunn) isn’t backing down on his decision.

Also, the Mouse doesn’t take a bullet for anyone. People take bullets for the Mouse.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:39 pm

The movie is out in April. Wouldn't perma-dusting Drax require reshoots?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Actually, the film is on hold now thanks to this situation: https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook. ... -bautista/
- Sachi

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Yeah, Disney made a bad choice and not only do they know it, they know that everyone else knows it. While the #RehireJamesGunn movement (both in Hollywood and on Twitter) probably won't actually get him rehired onto the project, it has been instrumental in exposing the very unsavory aspects of this whole debacle, making it a PR nightmare for a studio who, while attempting to buy Fox Studios, has more or less suggested that they wouldn't change (or otherwise fire Ryan Reynolds for making) similarly-toned pedo/rape jokes in the Deadpool movies.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:02 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Actually, the film is on hold now thanks to this situation: https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook. ... -bautista/

I mean reshoots for A4.
the prophecy is true

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:58 am

https://io9.gizmodo.com/captain-marvel- ... 1828816756

Good picture of the final Captain marvel outfit. Looks pretty awesome. I like the gold accents on the pants but again, why are there so many seamlines on these?
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:23 pm

View Original PostTokpile Quohog wrote:https://io9.gizmodo.com/captain-marvel-has-finally-landed-1828816756

Good picture of the final Captain marvel outfit. Looks pretty awesome. I like the gold accents on the pants but again, why are there so many seamlines on these?

Keeps it from looking too simple & cheap looking.

Looks good. Colors are just about right.
Not the ideal material for me but it looks solid. (Would have preferred a thicker tighter fitting material close to Hela's suit)

The Skrull's make up looks good but their outfits are painfully generic, even more so than the Dark Elves.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:43 am

Captain Marvel is a movie that I'm actually kinda hyped for. It looks like fun. The "Nostalgia Factor" might be a little too strong, though. ("Hey, remember NIN?") It probably won't be as fun as any of James Gunn's movies, but still fun. I'll watch it, probably only once, then move on.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:25 pm

They tried giving Cap a faithful costume and it looked so terrible they had to play it off as something that a fan made in-universe. Plus, if the costumes are structured like that, the actor/actress doesn’t have to eat nothing but boiled chicken breasts for months on end.

The only way to get a comic-accurate skintight suit is to do a subtle full body CGI, which is how Cate Blanchett wore the Hela costume. I didn’t even know it was CGI until I saw her in a mocap suit that they layered the costume onto.

I hope Carol gets a pixie cut or a Mohawk eventually.
the prophecy is true

Return to “Film and Video”