Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:20 pm

View Original PostGlor wrote:PenPen x Asuka?

Is there someone who can care more for PenPen outside of some selfish desire to rid themselves of loneliness? Who sees him for the Penguin that he really is, not the Penguin he pretends to be? Who challenges him to be all that he can be?

Is that someone Asuka?

Can Asuka allow the walls around her heart to be broken for the sake of the Penguin she cares for most?

I was going to write this as a somber tale, explaining as to why he was in her Instrumentality (Or was he in Shinji's Instrumentality? Which leads right into an unrequited love triangle with Asuka loving Shinji, Shinji loving PenPen, and PenPen loving Asuka.)

SPOILER: Show
GREAT SCOTT! What if Shinji and Asuka were in PenPen's Instrumentality and he's looking at them wondering why they're in his mind fucking arguing.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:24 am

Shinji's love for PenPen runs deep, because PenPen doesn't judge him like Human beings do. He's a goddamn Penguin.

Misato almost smothers this Penguin with hollow affection, though. She does it when it suits her whims, never the other way around. It gets taxing on a penguin's heart. When it comes to Shinji, PenPen just doesn't swing that way. Asuka, however, gives-in to PenPen's Penguiny pleas for affection. She indulges him when he wants it - because she'll be damned if that Penguin doesn't know how to twist someone's guilt in his favor. Asuka is not completely lacking in empathy, afterall.

Asuka, however, cannot accept the fact that he is a Penguin and does not represent the masculinity she so desires in figures like Kaji. Neither does Shinji, but he is at least Human.

SCOTLAND YARD! Why didn't I see it before?! Instrumentality took place from PenPen's POV all along! I believe, based on what we see from EoE, Asuka and Shinji arguing in PenPen's mind represents his own conflicted feelings for the two teenagers. Why else would it take place in the kitchen, where is Fridge-pad is situated?

EoE makes so much sense now...

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:02 am

PenPen ftw  SPOILER: Show

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:11 am

PenPen: the unsung heart and soul of Evangelion. When you look into those black beady eyes, you see the tormented sensitive soul within. Will he never find love!?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:25 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:
PenPen ftw  SPOILER: Show

Reminds me of that pokemon comic talking about how stupid it was that you could fly around on a Pidgey.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:30 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Finally! A place to post that nagging itch!

Here it is....

....Mari and Kensuke.

Seriously! If you were to pair the spares, Shinji and Asuka align, Hikari and Toji is practically in the bag, Kaworu and Rei because....reasons.....that are perfectly valid....and exist.......

Mari and Kensuke...the perfect setup for "Her? With him!?"

Am I the only one who sees the potential!?

Now that's ironic... I've actually been working on a fanfic for a while now that contains that exact pairing! Nice to know there are other people who can imagine them together as well.
[Redacted]

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Your wisdom in pairings shall be sung about in generations to come, IronEvangelion.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:27 am

So I have concluded that there totally is a need for a WAFFy Asuka x Arael fanfic in which they end up married.

I'm such a sick bastard. :facepalm:

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Arael's brain hugs only hurt if you're keeping secrets. She's jealous, that one.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:31 pm

How about these for pairings:

Yui and Kaji (would take place in the alternate reality where there's a possibility that they could interact in the flesh. Kaji is Shinji's substitute teacher. Yui encounters him at the school when she goes to check on Shnji's academic progress. Then and there, she decides he's really hot and decides to try and seduce after hours when Gendo is away at one of his meetings)

Gendo and Hyuga (In the NGE universe. After hours at Nerv. The technicians, Nerv personnel, and the other bridge bunnies have left for the day. Gendo makes advances on Hyuga to find out possible information he's been leaking to Misato)

Aoba and Hyuga (same scenario as above, except the two hook up to blow off steam and alleviate themselves from the stresses of fighting Angels. Then, near the end of the series, Hyuga goes out of his way to please/be affectionate to Misato to convince himself he's not gay. It pays off when he sees Misato before being tanged. Aoba saw it more as meaningless one night stand type of thing)

Ritusko and Shinji (Ritsuko decides that if Gendo doesn't want her any more, than maybe she can seduce the next best thing. After all, Misato is constantly making jokes about making passes at him, so why can;t she have a little fun too?)
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:01 pm

I have actually read a piece of fiction that used the Ritz/Shinji pairing. It was quite a dark fic, as well, but very well written.

Anybody else know the one I'm talking about? It was the one where the war with the Angels just kept going and going, and Shinji just kept surviving when everybody else didn't. It was a great read.

Yui and Kaji would be...hysterical.

"Mrs. Ikari...are you trying to seduce me?"
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Ritsuko preying upon Shinji is pretty common, actually. Adam Kadmon has used it a few times, and I know he's not the only one.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:11 pm

That does seem a natural arrangement, doesn't it? She can't get Gendo, so she goes for the easier target. It also kind of fits into the 'unraveling' aspect of Ritsuko's personality as the series drags on.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Here's a few more I just thought of:

Toji and Gendo (Gendo has to "test out" the new pilot before he can become the pilot of Unit 03)

or Alternatively: Ritsuko and Toji (The part in the series where Toji gets called out of class before becoming the new pilot. Toji walks into a secluded room where Ritusko is waiting.
Ritsuko: You're Toji Suzuhara? Well, if you want your sister to be upgraded to our Nerv hospital, you have to do a little something for me first...)

Fuyutski and Kensuke (Kensuke is snooping around Nerv and Terminal Dogma where he shouldn't be, and gets caught. If he doesn't want to be executed for treason/trespassing, he has to erase his footage on the spot as well as...)

Kaworu and Misato (Misato wants to discover "what he is", so since Shinji rejected her, she'll try him out instead. Plus, she makes him in trade for her silence at not telling anyone about the fact that "he noticed her" when she looked through her binoculars)

Misato and Ritsuko (Misato wants to make up for the fact that she slapped Ritsuko and for making fun of her cats...)
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:29 pm

How about some Kensuke/Kaworu? I honestly think it sounds absolutely adorable.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:35 pm

I can totally see Kaworu posing for Kensuke's camera :bigeyes:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:43 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I can totally see Kaworu posing for Kensuke's camera :bigeyes:

That would be hot like in a fanservice kind of way. And since Shinji is reluctant to "live up" his Eva experiences for Kensuke's otaku fandom, perhaps Kaworu would take it in a different direction and invite him into his cockpit for a little fun...
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:20 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Ritsuko preying upon Shinji is pretty common, actually. Adam Kadmon has used it a few times, and I know he's not the only one.

There's also a Saigado doujin that uses the same pairing. I didn't like it very much, though.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:13 pm

What's up with all these Gendo crack pairings all of a sudden the same day as my first [REDACTED] featuring Gendo in 11 months? (In my case, the "crack pairing" was with an original character so outside the scope of the thread.)

Kensuke/Kaworu

And here I thought all possible crack pairings had been exhausted, and here's one I've never seen before!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:21 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:What's up with all these Gendo crack pairings all of a sudden the same day as my first [REDACTED] featuring Gendo in 11 months? (In my case, the "crack pairing" was with an original character so outside the scope of the thread.)

And here I thought all possible crack pairings had been exhausted, and here's one I've never seen before!

I take it you're referring to the ones I wrote? What do you think of them?

Here's a few more:

Gendo and Kaji (Gendo wants to get it on with him after he delivers the Adam sample. Later he want info from Kaji about SEELE. And then, he wants one more hot and heavy session before he shoots him)

Gendo and Asuka (Just like Toji, he wants to "try out" this new pilot. That's part of the reason Asuka's so pissed at Shinji most of the time, because he isn't as assertive with her as his father was)

and finally....

Gendo and Shinji

(The two have a brief conversation about Yui at her grave...Then, they get it on right then and there with Rei watching from the transport the whole time!)
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”