Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:48 am

TsubasaNoKoikokoro - You know, I was just going to say Kaji + Kaworu and Shinji + Touji with a little bit of Kensuke + Fuyutsuki there...

...But your idea and essay work just as fine.

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:05 pm

I'd love to see Asuka and Shinji as a couple and romantically, I wish they could pull it together... But realistically, I know it couldn't happen. Not unless there were some serious changes in both of them.

Everyone always yells at me for this and I seem to be the only one who would like this... but I'd love to see Shinji and Mana together. She's one of the few who have ever really treated him well.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:55 pm

Shnooks wrote:
Hunter21 wrote:
Shnooks wrote:Asuka X Shinji FTW.

And, I'm a Gendo X Yui. We need more Gendo X Yui.

Kaji X Misato. Need more of that, too

I wrote a Fanfic with those couples once.

I always do the Shinji x Asuka as it is my favorite pairing, but I am also fond of Misato x Kaji and Hikari x Touji. Those are my most common couplings. Another one I like to mess with is Maya/Makoto. Niether are going to get who they want so they get each other.

Hikari is a freak beyond freaks. She's just...ugh....I hate her.

I bet you she's a cyborg under all that sugary cuteness.

How can anyone hate Hikari?

@Tsucahnuberdooberlongname: Nice post there.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:35 pm

Me, well I'm just a notorious anti-A/S shipper (but that's a consequence of the convoluted relationship I have with Asuka - she mirrors some painful parts of my past, and I don't think I could have faced a girl who was a ditz like Shinji, except in desperation).

In canon, I thought that Shinji/Rei was shaping up to be quite cute in eps 5/6, and in vol8 of the manga.

Asuka/Rei, Asuka/Hikari, Maya/Asuka and Ritsuko/Misato are all good for gratuitous girl-on-girl (and never mind the canonicity) action (many fanfics, passim...)

I see Asuka/Kensuke as the least worst fit for her within the cast for a romance; though Maya would work as a big-sister sort of figure...

The Eva Monkey wrote:My favorite couple is kaworu and that eva monkey guy. They're so dreamy together.

But is this eva monkey guy canon, or just in one of the spin-off games or manga, like Mana or Mayumi? :lol:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:43 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:I see Asuka/Kensuke as the least worst fit for her within the cast for a romance; though Maya would work as a big-sister sort of figure...

Asuka/Kensuke? Now THAT I wanna see.

I've seen Rei/Kensuke and Hikari/Kensuke before, but not Asuka/Kensuke. Wooboy.

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:45 pm

For Asuka/Kensuke read the Koutetsu no Girlfriend 2nd manga where Kensuke says he loves Asuka. <.< >.>

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:47 pm

TsubasaNoKoikokoro wrote:For Asuka/Kensuke read the Koutetsu no Girlfriend 2nd manga where Kensuke says he loves Asuka. <.< >.>

Read it, but doesnt she just freak out?

It was a small moment of hope for me, lets leave it at that D:

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:55 pm

Shnooks wrote:
TsubasaNoKoikokoro wrote:For Asuka/Kensuke read the Koutetsu no Girlfriend 2nd manga where Kensuke says he loves Asuka. <.< >.>

Hope for A / K? Or Shnookums / K?

:wink:
Alex D.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:57 pm

Digitalex wrote:
Shnooks wrote:

:D Can I even reply to this?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:04 pm

Oh, and quite forgot - I like the idea of Asuka/Kaworu, enough to have committed one myself.

Shnooks wrote:Asuka/Kensuke? Now THAT I wanna see.

I've seen Rei/Kensuke and Hikari/Kensuke before, but not Asuka/Kensuke. Wooboy.

There are still some under- (if not un-) exploited pairings out there (recalling a web search for Gendo/Misato that turned up in my server logs one time), though Asuka/Kensuke is a pairing used in the GoS2 game.

I do have a scenario for Asuka/Kensuke, which got discussed here

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24995#24995
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:05 pm

Digitalex wrote:
Shnooks wrote:

;~; I love Kensuke. He's so adorable.
i AM the internets.

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:15 pm

Favourite couple would be Shinji/Rei becuase, well, hence the avatar. 8)

Shinji/Asuka makes me sick because I think it doesn't seem right.

Plus, Shinji shows respect to Rei rather than to Asuka and here is why:

In episode 5 (or the Shinji/Rei bible part 1 as I call it) when Shinji is laying on top of a very naked Rei, he even has a handful of her breast for crying out loud!

Compare that to EoE, when Shinji tries to wake up a comatose Asuka and he accidently rips her shirt in the process.

Now, in ep. 5, he gets off Rei (not without noticing where his hand has been :wink: ) and he even watches Rei get dressed, before he realised what he was doing.

In EoE, he jacks off over Asuka's body.

That shows that dispite calling for Asuka as she is the only one he can go to at that point, he showed us that he doesn't have any respect for Asuka in that scene. I mean if he had any respect for her, i.e. loved her, he wouldn’t have done that. Compare that to what happened in ep. 5, he shows respect for Rei there.
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:20 pm

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:Favourite couple would be Shinji/Rei becuase, well, hence the avatar. 8)

Shinji/Asuka makes me sick because I think it doesn't seem right.

In episode 5 (or the Shinji/Rei bible part 1 as I call it) when Shinji is laying on top of a very naked Rei, he even has a handful of her breast for crying out loud!

Compare that to EoE, when Shinji tries to wake up a comatose Asuka and he accidently rips her shirt in the process.

Now, in ep. 5, he gets off Rei (not without noticing where his hand has been :wink: ) and he even watches Rei get dressed, before he realised what he was doing.

That shows that dispite calling for Asuka as she is the only one he can go to at that point, he showed us that he doesn't have any respect for Asuka in that scene. I mean if he had any respect for her, i.e. loved her, he wouldn’t have done that. Compare that to what happened in ep. 5, he shows respect for Rei there.

Considering how completely fucked up his mental state was by the time of EoE, I don't think that's a very fair comparison.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:51 pm

Space Penis wrote:Considering how completely fucked up his mental state was by the time of EoE, I don't think that's a very fair comparison.

I totally agree. Shinji was already defeated at that point.

In truth, it would be tough for Shinji to have a chance with any of the women although I see Asuka and Shinji having the best chance together, as rocky as it seems.
Alex D.

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:56 pm

Sorry about that. I didn't think about how Shinji was on EoE. I was only comparing on how he reacted in a situation like that.
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:14 pm

You have to always keep in mind, on how Shinji's borderline was at the edge of his mental stability.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:33 am

Now, in ep. 5, he gets off Rei (not without noticing where his hand has been Wink ) and he even watches Rei get dressed, before he realised what he was doing.

Also that seems to be a bit of a comparison of Lust and Respect. Depending on how your mind works and how much of it you have, Lust can be very, VERY disrespectful. As others have said, by that time Shinji had... Eh... Let's just say it was EoE.

In all honesty, between Rei and Asuka, I could see one being as viable, or nearly as viable, as the other. I see Asuka/Shinji moreso than Rei/Shinji... But that's because I am a bit biased about it. I'm an Asuka fan and I believe I understand more about her than I do Rei.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 am

It was hard to reply to this thread...

But I still think that Asuka/Shinji would be a good couple, provided that they actually grow up first.

... Or rather, provided that they grow up at all.
Asuka > Rei

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:50 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:My favorite couple is kaworu and that eva monkey guy. They're so dreamy together.

Nuh uh, I'm so much better with Kaworu :x

Also, I think that Makoto and Misato would have made a good couple

Love always
Yuko-chan
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:54 pm

What about KaoruxRei?............LoL?? :shock:
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”