Fading In To The Stolen Light (Divine Light Series)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Fading In To The Stolen Light (Divine Light Series)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:00 am

Hi guys :D

This story is set in an alternative universe where the pilots are in there early and mid twenties. Shinji and Rei are natural brother sister and Rei is not cloned and she born after Shinji and has a more similar look to Yui while Kaworu is also human and has no link with Seele and Toji is an up coming pilot. The Evangelions in this universe all have the S2 Engines fitted and do not use cables or batteries and all have wing attachments much like the mass eva series had.

Though there are two training units that do have cables but these were built before unit 00 and 01 which were built side by side. LCL does not freeze your age and all of the pilots age naturally, the angels also come much more slowly and it can take them years to touch down on earth This story takes elements from rebuild the series and the Manga .

SPOILER: Show
Some of the pilots are also from different areas of the world Asuka is full German, Toji and his young sister Sakura are both Chinese, Kaworu is from the Ukraine Mari is British and Shinji and Rei are Japanese. This story goes in to political sides with each division and it touches on the mechanising side very heavily as NERV is extremely wealthy, NERV is also viewed very much like NASA and the plots like war heroes and astronauts. They are also seen as celebrities and media both social and news plays a huge part in there daily lives and NERV has both a media and visitor centre

The idea of this story hinges around the concept of what if Bardiel had successfully entered the mind of Asuka as in the manga and series it always looks like he's trying but is killed before he is successful in this he is very successful. The Pairings in this story are Rei/Asuka and Shinji/Kaworu

Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

The title is a reference to depression and how over time it feels like the light is being stolen from you and your world is turning to darkness

I will be posting fan art in this thread in the next few days.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: Fading In To The Stolen Light (Divine Light Series)

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:50 am

I'm so glad this finally has a thread on here I comment on!

I've been reading this story for a while, and I have to say it's an excellent story, just see my comments on ff.net. I would recommend this story to anyone looking for unique take on the story we're all very familiar with. There is plenty of intrigue and drama as well, and the story always leaves you wanting to know what happens next.

So take a look-see, and you won't regret it. ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Thank you :)

Here are the unit names just to tide you over as all of the units have a second name which is based on the demons of Japanese mythology and folklore.

New update for chapter 37 will be this Friday.

Caballed training Unit Omega Kami-Kiri (Harmless trickster demon)
User currently Toji Suzuhara.

Caballed training Unit Beta Nurikabe (Useless demon wall)
User anyone who can work it long enough with out it playing up and shutting down as it's very temperamental.

S2 Engine Unit 00 Isonade (Monster shark that eats people and cuts them up with its tail) Same blue colour as series version.
User Rei Ayanami

S2 Engine Unit 01 Yamata-no-Orochi (Dragon with eight heads and eight tails.)
User Shinji Ikari

S2 Engine Unit 02 Nekomata (Raging pissed of demonic lycanthrope cat with two tails that eats people)
User Asuka Langley Soryu

S2 Engine Unit 03 Gashadokuro (A huge skeleton that eats people.)
User Kaworu Nagisa

S2 Engine Unit 04 Dodomeki (A hundred-eyed demon) Looks the same as in Rebuild 3.33
User Mari Makinami Illustrious

S2 Engine Unit 05 (Under construction in building bay)

Caballed UN Alpha Test Unit (Currently in pieces frozen in the void apart from the S2 Engine which is currently being tested as it became active due to Bardiel making the safety cabal obsolete)
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:30 am

I've been following this after DBP recommended it to me. Enjoying what I've read so far, as my reviews have alluded to :)

Really intriguing story and I like what you have done with the characters and relationships within. Good world building and character building in there.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:45 pm

Love the names you came up with for the different units. Just one question, does that translate to their appearances too; i.e. does Unit 00 look like a shark?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Well, the most recent chapter of this story (Chapter 37) was pretty great, (see my review on ff.net) and had lots of WAFF, as have the last few chapters, with more WAFF (I hope) coming in the future.
WAFF  SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:08 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well, the most recent chapter of this story (Chapter 37) was pretty great, (see my review on ff.net) and had lots of WAFF, as have the last few chapters, with more WAFF (I hope) coming in the future.
WAFF  SPOILER: Show

There will be more WAFF incoming along with some darker stuff :D

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Love the names you came up with for the different units. Just one question, does that translate to their appearances too; i.e. does Unit 00 look like a shark?

Thank you, Unit 00 is currently blue in colour and has a crest which has two three section horns which are on ether side of its head, units can change though please read spoiler below.

Evangelion states

Normal state Unit looks human like in the body hands and feet but with added crests or changes these are normally done in the bay by the workers. No changes to pilots body.

Semi primal state The unit grows claws its strength increases and the crest can become a weapon all changes are permanent. Unit 01 currently has these changes with clawed fingers on its hands and two side opening sections on its crest horn that allows for a huge energy build up that can be fired at AT fields. This state was obtained via unit eating Sachiel's S2 engine as 01 already had an S2 engine the new one was digested via the units guts and converted to raw power creating this new state. Pilots eyes can glow to match the colour of the units eyes has no effect out side off unit.

Primal state Unit becomes very monster like and the change is permanent these changes very much seem to represent the pilots personality and can take elements from the units secondary demonic name. Sadly not much is know about this current state at this point but please stand by as we are gathering info currently unit 02 is the only unit is this state. Effects to the piolt are much more extreme, strength has increased permanently pilots blind left eye seems to change and glow with pilots mood and teeth can change to razor points when enraged. These changes happen outside the unit as well as it in, its unknown if this is normal as we currently have no other piolt for compassion.

Modes

Beast mode Not as extreme as the rebuild series teeth become sharp and body changes to become more muscular unit's speed increases and shoulder sails break away once state is over units body changes back to normal. Mode created in unit 02 originally via Asuka Langley during the battle of Shamshel this code was copied and recoded in to all of the units apart from 01 which rejected this code as it was already in semi primal state.

Controlled berserk mode Currently only in unit 01 unlike beast mode this state does not change the body as its already in semi primal state, this rage is much more violent and powerful compared to beast mode and the pilot is in full control through out. Comes at great cost though piolt after wards can suffer from exhaustion and need plenty to eat and drink and if necessary lots of sleep as seen with Shinji Ikari creator of this state.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:17 am

Okay so tomorrow is chapter 38 which is important as Toji's evangelion unit 05 will finally surface to the world :)

In the mean time here is my fanart off the characters.

Bardiel (AKA the asshole in primal evangelion form)

Asuka Langley Soryu

Rey Ayanami (Please note this version is human and Yui's daughter, Shinji is her older brother)
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:54 am

Great artwork! Bardiel is a very creepy looking son of a bitch, Rei looks nice with green eyes and brown hair though, and that statue behind her looks interesting... and Asuka's glowing eye looks pretty awesome!

I can't wait to see more!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:39 pm

The most recent chapter was a doozy, and certainly worth the read, as it has such a range of emotions, and I know I mentioned most of my feelings on it in my review, but it was still a great chapter!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Thank you for your kind words, chapter 40 has been posted there will be no update next week but updates will return to normal after Christmas.

So in the mean time here in 02/Nekomata in Primal state to tide you over and there will be more units drawn in the new year along with Mari and another image.
:asuka_happy:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:42 am

The most recent chapter was fantastic, I can't wait till after Christmas to see what's in store for Chapter 41!

Also, those one shots you posted were excellent as well, I hope you do more of those.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:28 pm

Chapter 41 is now posted enjoy.
:asuka_happy:

Mr. Jive
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Jive » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:36 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Hi guys :D

This story is set in an alternative universe where the pilots are in there early and mid twenties.Toji is an up coming pilot.

Toji and his young sister Sakura are both Chinese,

You forgetting that toji also has a best friend. And it not Shinji either. :irked:
Kensuke not a saint but at least he's not a psycho jerking off to a girl in a comma.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:13 am

Mr. Jive wrote:You forgetting that toji also has a best friend. And it not Shinji either. :irked:

Yeah, well the term "Alternate Universe" should tip you off that things will be different in the story.

Oh, and your sig, it's "coma" not "comma"

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:36 am

Just read and reviewed Chapters 43 and 44, and I have to say, the story is doing very well, mixing in lots drama with action is keeping me quite interested in the story to say the least. Can't wait for the next installment!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Chapter 46 was great!

Nice bit of fanservice, as it was tastefully done, and of course, it was wonderful to see two happy couples getting closer!
Yeah, that's awesome!  SPOILER: Show
Yeah, this showing up was the best ^_^

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:05 am

I've just read chapters 47 and 48, and I like the direction you're going with Mari and NERV, and I do wonder what other secrets are being hidden at this very moment. Can't wait until the next chapter!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

Okay so here is an update to the thread, anyone who has not read past chapter 53 may want to avoid seeing this image as its a huge spoiler.

Unit 04 or Dodomeki in its primal formImage

Due to someone pointing that they didn't like the idea of Toji being Mari's friend this story is based on the concept of the butterfly effect what is the butterfly effect you might ask? Its based on the idea that a very small action can have a far reaching consequences like a butterfly flaps its wings in one country and a tornado hits down in another. In this story the idea is that a single small event has caused massive crashing ripples hence why some of the pilots are in different countries and friendships are different as the idea of the butterfly effect is it can change everything right down to where your born, who your social pears are and who you become friends with and how your brought up. This is shown really well in the movie Butterfly effect as the hero keeps going back and altering time in the past hence changing the lay out of his friends and his life and how there lives are turning out sometimes with terrible out comes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:43 am

Wonderful new art, and a wonderful set of new chapters form the past two weeks. Left the specifics in the reviews, but those surprises you had... wonderfully done, and well worth the wait!

Return to “Fanfiction”