Oh The Horror!

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Oh The Horror!

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 pm

The only horror films I ever really enjoyed were ALIEN, Dawn of the Dead (I've only seen the first 40 minutes of the extra long cut on YouTube, but I'm really enjoying it so far), Silent Hill, End of Evangelion, Blair Witch Project (was okay), CREEP, and IT (2017). I've seen a bunch of stuff that I thought was so bad it's good, or entertaining because it's so insane and over-the-top (see: The Human Centipede: First Sequence), but the vast majority of stuff I've forced myself to watch is just garbage. I can respect that OP likes V/H/S, but it was so formulaic and the characters were so hopelessly stupid that I couldn't make it past the second story. On the topic of modern and upcoming horror, it's almost all cheap, jumpscare trash. The only modern horror films I've enjoyed were 10 Cloverfield Lane, and IT. Hereditary looks interesting, but I'm sure it will just be the same thing as every other movie that's come before it.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Last edited by movieartman on Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:32 pm

"Enjoy" might be too strong a word but "Event Horizon" still creeps me out.
(I watch it every halloween after midnight with all the lights off.....)
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:47 am

Something has always bugged me about the five person game in Saw V. All matters aside, I always believed Brit would survive with possibly Luba or Charles. But that's where the possibility of a second survivor ticks me as to why Brit killed Luba other than saying that she didn't trust her... It would have been more interesting to carry on the Mallick vs Charles rivalry through at least 1 room especially since Charles was close to figuring out the true purpose of the games but got blown up.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:01 pm

All I know about the Saw movies is for that trap where the guy had to put in a pound of flesh, I'd have taken a dump in it and stuffed in my clothes and shoes first.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:35 pm

I am of the opinion that the duo hack of writers Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton had not been responsible for any of the Saw entries from 4 to seven then they might have been salvaged. After all, Jigsaw may have died at the end of 3 but his murderer Jeff still had to play another game in order to save his daughter and no thanks to Strahm and his itchy trigger finger do we not get to see or even catch the concept of the unused trap.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:22 pm

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:All I know about the Saw movies is for that trap where the guy had to put in a pound of flesh, I'd have taken a dump in it and stuffed in my clothes and shoes first.

That's an excellent idea, never thought about that...became pound of flesh does not have to mean meat. Also, you're bringing this up makes me think that the next films if they want to branch out should bend the rules for the captive. Like have them cheat since Jigsaw was cheating them out of life, so why play by his rules?

This is disregarding the move where it's about the health insurance people who won't pay out his insurance for his cancer, as that one had a social point and I wish they'd led with that film first. Then done the others to imply he started out with a point but got lost in his own bullshit and enjoyment of watching others suffer and making the traps better.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:23 pm

I would say that Adam's death by Amanda through mercy killing is my least favorite murder in the earlier entries. And the sadder thing is that it was written by the very screenwriter/actor who brought life to have that very first Hello Zepp sequence before Jigsaw leaves him to die.

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:38 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
That's an excellent idea, never thought about that...became pound of flesh does not have to mean meat. Also, you're bringing this up makes me think that the next films if they want to branch out should bend the rules for the captive. Like have them cheat since Jigsaw was cheating them out of life, so why play by his rules?

Wasn’t Amanda or whoever cheating with the traps a plot point? When she took over for him.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:49 pm

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:
View Original Postsilvermoonlight#933720 wrote:

Wasn’t Amanda or whoever cheating with the traps a plot point? When she took over for him.

Yeah but according to John, he never specifically used his traps to murder anyone and that he hates murderers. Both Amanda and Hoffman twisted the mantra due to Amanda still having a drug and cutting addiction (which Hoffman used to make sure she died along with John with the letter telling her that he knows she and Cecil robbed Jill's clinic, indirectly causing Gideon's abortion and to keep it secret she had to kill Lynn.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:21 am

Finally watched the most recent entries in my favorite horror series!

HALLOWEEN (2018)

Pros!
- Score is great. A surprising amount of variety of takes on the classic theme within this film and all of them work.
- Myers looks perfect, mask is the best since the original easily (and I say that as fan of several of the others), his stature is just about right (something rob zombie got wrong was making him a towering giant, myers is suppose to look average even small but have inhuman strength for his size)
- I strongly love that they didn't shy away from the boogeyman angle and let Michael be exactly what was meant to be, a unrelenting unexplained semi supernatural avatar of death.
- Plenty of kills.
- Whole cast does a good job.
- Film doesn't really have a final girl, more of a female trinity but Allyson does a good job as the closest to the youthful final girl avatar.
- Vicky doesn't have much screen time but is lively & likable for what we do get.
- Final showdown is solid. Karen & Allyson get some key hits in but but it's primarily Laurie's show.
- Humor is not ever as overbearing as I had heard.
- The 1979 Dr Loomis recording was solid & helped build up dread to the inevitability of Michael's escape.

Cons!
SPOILER: Show
- I can see why some felt the Dr Sartain twist was random, under explained & went nowhere but it didn't particularly bother me.

- There are a few edits & scene endings that seem abrupt and rushed.
- The scene with Laurie sneaking into Karen's house after hearing about the bus crash is very badly done, her sitting around to scare Karen diminishes the urgency of Laurie's fears plus she doesn't even barely try and explain the situation before giving up & leaving and her pointing the gun at Ray when he firmly but calmly ask her to put it away makes Karen's hostility towards Laurie seem quasi justified.
- Karen's non reaction to Ray's death seemed off.
- Ray being stuffed into the closet shelf made me think he was still alive in my first watch through as his hands were cuffed and it took me out of the film when they set the house on fire and left without trying to retrieve him. And had the film not done that they could have had Allyson find his body on the front lawn which would have shown us some more emotional impact.

- Laurie being this militant makes it hard to believe she wouldn't have more substantial weaponry like AR-15s.

Overall it's very good but it's not the best sequel as many have claimed, I would put it behind 1, 2 & 4.

HALLOWEEN KILLS (2021)

Pros!
- Myers still looks great and his near invulnerable supernatural nature is on full display.
- Judy Greer as Karen gets the most to do of the cast, at first she is still being kinda annoying while babysitting Laurie but once the mob violence breaks out she gets to show her tender caring side to the falsely accused mental patient and her spunky badass side setting up Michael towards the end.
- Ton of kills & 2 solid Myers vs group massacres.
- Michael's escape from Laurie's burning house & the fire fighter massacre is particularly well done.
- Score is still very good but lesser than 2018.

Mixed Elements!
- The mob massacre at the end is firmly good but 2 things bring it down from it's potential (A) Once Myers turns the tables it becomes glaringly zoomed in/close cut whereas leading up to that it was well shot from a distance fully showing the combatants & (B) Some of the build up/hype of the sequence is diminished by it pausing for Laurie's monologue.

- The 78 flashback sequence is solid and I am happy it's in the film that said it does feel slightly fan film-ish. Hell this quick but good 2019 fan film straight up already did it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TssTJfca-vg , Make up for the Dr Loomis recasting was great.

- It's not really clear exactly which times the characters making bad decisions is intentional or just iffy writing. The Sheriff being useless is clearly intentional, several characters lament their mistakes onscreen but like near the end when Karen downs Myers by stabbing him in the back with a pitchfork and she yanks it out, why in the fuck didn't she just stab him again in the back of his head instead of proceeding with the mask chase trap. Also if Allyson had just explained to Karen about Dr Sartain like she did to the police Karen would never have made Tommy think Myers was coming to the hospital and the mob hysteria would never have happened.
- Cast virtually all does a good job even if some of the repeated dialogue seems forced/cringy ("evil dies tonight" is said a billion times)
- They largely trade focusing on suspense/stalking for more numerous brutal vicious kills (if that is a good or bad thing depends on your personal preferences, I am indifferent to the switch, 2018 went for the former & this went towards the latter)
- Tommy starts off fairly likable & charismatic and you can see why people would rally around him to a extent but you can also see a clear going off the rails point once he starts defying & bashing the police.
- Lindsay gets treated the best of the returning 1978 kids but she disappears from the film after surviving her primary encounter with Myers (which had some beautiful eerie shots by the creek) and that chase seemed cut a bit short.

Cons!
- The film is very heavy handed/overbearing with it's messaging about mob mentality, taking a subplot from H4 and making it a major aspect of the film.
- Some of the callbacks to previous films in the series are also glaring/heavy handed (moreso than 2018) both in visuals & in dialogue ("people's fear is the REAL curse of Michael Myers"/"Everyone is entitled to one good scare")
- Like H2 Laurie is bedridden the entire film.
- The "Michael just wants to be left alone to stare out his sister's bedroom window" thing is just as random/inexplicable a motive tease as the age17 trigger from H20.
- The black doctor despite having a Desert Eagle abandons her boyfriend & Marion and then returns to blast Myers only after they are already dead.
- The handling of the murder of the elderly couple is overly mean spirited for the series IMO.
- Why the fuck did Karen go upstairs at the end? Because she saw Michael as a child spirit from the street? Ok but why did she get up from the porch leaving her daughter at all??? :facepalm:
It would have been better just having her be killed last during the mob massacre with her just resigned to her fate out of guilt from leading Michael too them getting them all killed, have Allyson see it from a distance.

Ranking/Rating the Series!
H1 - Strongly Great
H2 = H4 - Great (both my favorites & top fav slashers in general)
2018 - Very Good
H6 (producer's cut) - Very Good
Kills - Good
H3 - Good
Nightdance (comic) - Decent (bleak mean spirited ending keeps it from being higher)
H5 - Decent
H20 - Decent
Zombie's H2 (09) - Ok / Meh
Zombie's H1 (07) - Ok / Meh
Chaos Comics 3 issue Halloween series - Ok / Meh
H6 (theatrical) - Poor
HR - Bad (but slightly underrated)

Some of my old reviews for 4-6!

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Halloween 4 - The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
This & 2 are my favorites of the series & of slashers in general (haven't seen the new film yet).

Small spoilers...

Nitpicks/Cons...
- Worst mask of the series.
- Officer Logan's characterization is inconsistent. We see him appropriately panicked when he hears about the police station but in his next scene he calls the fortifications the Sheriff is putting up at his house paranoid & later casually calls the situation "hell of a night".

Pros...
- Great moody opening credits surveying farm equipment adorned with Halloween decorations.
- Solid score.
- The film certainty has a different feel from the original 2 films but is still very suspenseful & atmospheric in it's own way.
- Like 2 the film does a decent job of fleshing out Haddonfield as a real town with culture & history.
- Donald as always is great.
- Harris as Jamie remains among the best performances from a child actor I have encountered in a horror film.
- Rachel is a solid final girl.
- Sheriff Meeker (beau starr) I have always thought to be cool, his professional & trusting interaction with Loomis is more enjoyable then the more strained back & forth between Brackett & Loomis in 1/2. We get a faint hint of laziness/denial on his part with him initially trying to blow Loomis off but once he takes things seriously he goes into war mode like a boss.
- I liked that they wrote both Loomis & Myers as having learned from the events of 78, what with Loomis not hesitating to demand a town wide curfew which he resisted doing in 78 and Myers taking out both the Police & Power stations early on & letting officer Logan take him directly to his targets.
- Build up to & reveal of the police station massacre is chilling as well as the triple Michael sequence.
- This is easily the most powerful we have ever seen Myers on film.
- Entire ending from the battle atop the truck to the shootdown, to the twist is epic as hell.

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Halloween 5 - The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)
Underrated entry in the series but not great.
Official trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPwAtB65dCs
Really good fan trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvTjz_LXvPo

Cons/Nitpicks...
- The bumbling cop duo & the silly quirky music that accompany them are grating (but thankfully don't have much screen time and don't share any with the much cooler and more competent Sheriff Meeker)
- In general it's just generic more of the same-ness from 4 but not as well executed.
- Why didn't Loomis or the swat guys find the bodies in the attic before the trap was set?
- Myers has his knife in this position perpetually towards the end of the film and it seems kinda cheesy, like the outstretched arms the Universal monsters used to do but worse.

Missed opportunities...
- Not doing much with the twist at the end of 4.
- Killing off Rachel really early.

Mixed Elements...
- Donald, Harris, Starr & Cornell like 4 still make for a solid cast, altho sadly many of them don't get much to do compared to 4.
- Harris is still great but her performance is limited somewhat by not being able to speak for much of the film. (altho this adds to the audiences sympathy for her)
- This is Pleasence's most unhinged performance as Loomis and yet simultaneously the actor himself seems tired/worn out while in 4 it seemed like only the character was such (appropriately).
- Many find Tina annoying, I personally like her. Her interaction with Jamie is very sweet.
- 5's mask still isn't particularly good but is much better then the mask in 4.
- How Myers survived 4 is reasonable and doesn't resort to the preposterous like Resurrection (although why the hermit nursed him back to health instead of taking him to a hospital is never explained)
- Kills in the barn are solid even if they feel more Jason-ish then Myers, Myers with a scythe is cool.
- The mostly off screen shootout in the police station at the end is abrupt and mysterious but part of me wished they showed it, we already had a completely off screen police station massacre in 4.
The shootout was filmed as seen in this BTS image but cut for whatever reason.

Pros...
- The more gothic redesign of the Myer's house is suitably cool & menacing.
- The entire end sting operation, chase scene through the house & Loomis's trap for Myers is all great & suspenseful.
- Film is pretty surprisingly brutal to a child character, Jamie gets cut & scraped up severely.
- The moment of Jamie cornered in the attic and accepting her fate by crawling into the casket is daaarrrk.
- Tina unknowingly in the car with Myers is suspenseful.
- As is Myers trying to chase Jamie down with the car & Tina's sacrifice.
- Score is solid.

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers (1995) - Producer's cut in full for the first time and re watched much of the theatrical cut afterwards for comparison.

- While like 5's mask the neck here is still a little too large the rest of the mask is a big improvement over 4-5 & h20.
- Anyone who dislike Myers's conflicted behavior and tears in 5 should be pleased with his absolute zero hesitation in killing Jamie in ether version of this film.
- I am not sure which version of Jamie's death I prefer. The weak stabbing & hospital assassination of the PC seems anti climatic for the character, but the farm implement shredding of the TC seems too mean spirited & brutal for a character we spent the last 2 films watching as a desperate sympathetic child.
- Seeing Loomis happy and almost at peace during his 1st scene is very nice and a big change of pace from the way we have always seen him up to this point in the franchise. This early sequence with him & Dr.Wynn is longer and better in the PC. (the film could definitely use more of their interaction & Wynn in general however)
- The TC stupidly cuts out Loomis's reaction to finding Jamie.
- Rudd is decent here, he gets a few sweet moment with Jamie's baby but overall is fairly emotionless (purposefully).
- There are a few moments towards the end of the TC were Rudd gets to show more emotion then in the PC, moments were he is clearly petrified and can't do anything but semi chuckle in despair.
- Marianne Hagan as Kara Strode is a likeable very sympathetic and motherly final girl.
- General editing in the PC is vastly better, the TC uses a very lame, very 90s style of showing abrupt harsh flashes of gruesome images jarringly between shots. Pace of the PC is slower and feels a lot more franchise appropriate.
- The lighting is better in the PC.
- Some absolutely beautiful shots throughout the film such as this...
- Scores are different, both are good but the PC has a more classical version of the theme & utilizes it's score better overall.
- The PC's handling of the cult and explaining their goals/motives is VASTLY superior to the TC, PC they rightfully stick purely to the supernatural & handles such with reasonable subtlety, the TC tries to make it about mad science & doesn't explain it barely at all.
- Scenes showing the connective tissue between 5's ending and this film are cut out of the TC.
- The TC's cut of John's death with his head exploding is ludicrous.
- The TC operating room massacre is cool I guess but there is no reason given in the TC's story as to why Myers would turn on the cult out of the blue with nothing at all triggering that turn. Nor is it shown who/what the cult doctors were operating on when Myers interrupted.
- Myers "defeat" by magic runes in the PC while not flashy or epic at all is a lot more believable and natural to the story up to that point then TC's defeat by having skinny ass Paul Rudd beat him with a pipe, regardless of what poisons Rudd pumped him full of before the beating.
- Ending fate's for Loomis there is no comparison, the TC is a absolute insult to Pleasence, ending the film with his off screen screams without explanation. The PC gives him a cruel but poetically appropriate ending.
- That said It's never explained why Wynn was giving up his position as Myer's handler (a throwaway line about him having cancer or something would have sufficed) nor why he would choose Loomis who is obviously older and more frail then him.

Overall, the TC is a absolutely pathetic butchering of the PC which IMO is a full on good film (far from perfect but good). Makes me wonder what is missing from Hellraiser Bloodlines which I have heard was similarly edited to hell by the same company.

Thuktun Flishithy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:- Laurie being this militant makes it hard to believe she wouldn't have more substantial weaponry like AR-15s.

That's real life affecting the story. Jamie Lee Curtis is very pro gun control, and was adamant that Laurie not use any of the types of weapons/modifications that she thinks needs to be banned, such as bump stocks or assault rifles.

Besides, it's not like the Shape is going to come for her wearing trauma plates.

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:29 pm

Huh, I thought that was a nod to realism. Doesn't the Halloween series take place in Illinois? IIRC they have a fairly comprehensive gun control regime. I assumed she had those types of weapons because that's all she was allowed to own, lol.

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:01 pm

I normally hate horror movies but I really love the Evil Dead trilogy and Ash Vs. Evil Dead.
"Winds in the east, Mist coming in, Like something is brewing, About to begin. Can't put my finger on, What lies in store, But, I feel what's to happen, All happened before..." From Mary Poppins
"For Love and Justice, I'm the pretty sailor suited soldier, Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" Sailor Moon
"Anta Baka?!" Asuka Langley Soryu
"We fall in love, our hearts may break, we lose sleep longing for someone, but that's how we know we're alive." Usagi Tsukino from the Sailor Moon S movie.
"I'm not a nerd, I'm a specialist!!" Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic.
"Trying to make sense of what a cat does is like trying to make sense of what Chuckman posts." - Nuke-kun

http://www.silvermillenniumfalcon.com

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:16 pm

I’m watching The Thing right now. I gotta say it’s quite possibly my favorite horror film. John Carpenter sure can make some pretty good films.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:20 pm

One of the most authentic scares would be when Mia from Evil Dead 2013 literally crosses the water in the darkness to get to David. And just for the record,
I wanted David to survive but maybe in a future movie there is hope.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:00 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I’m watching The Thing right now. I gotta say it’s quite possibly my favorite horror film. John Carpenter sure can make some pretty good films.

The thing that makes that movie such a gem, is the build up and phycological effects on the groups and how it plays it's hand really carefully on the jump scares, along with the really subtle details.

As if you look close, the infected have no light in their iris and their whole eye goes dark when they change.

It also brings up how people can be wrongly singled out as they don't fit in like Clark as everyone blames him for being the monster when it's in fact it's Blair and possibly Norris who got infected first followed by Palmer who might all be going around infected the group. As Clark was never infected, but his being a loner who does not fit in means the group misjudges him and buys in the things whispers, and it leads to his murder. Like this was bold back in the 80s and a move like this is still bold today as it calls out on how mean humanity is to people who don't fit.

The novel for this is meant to be good as well.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:57 pm

I haven't felt the need to repeat Final Destination 1 and 2 since they feel somewhat boring but FD3 has some interesting fatalities. As for FD4, I borderline hate it since hardly anyone has even a name to care about them but the pool death was gripping. FD5 is my current favorite due to the ending and the twist that one of the supposed victims survived when the premonition was went over by the remaining survivors.

Thuktun Flishithy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:33 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
View Original PostC.T.1290#933888 wrote:I’m watching The Thing right now. I gotta say it’s quite possibly my favorite horror film. John Carpenter sure can make some pretty good films.

The thing that makes that movie such a gem, is the build up and phycological effects on the groups and how it plays it's hand really carefully on the jump scares, along with the really subtle details.

As if you look close, the infected have no light in their iris and their whole eye goes dark when they change.

It also brings up how people can be wrongly singled out as they don't fit in like Clark as everyone blames him for being the monster when it's in fact it's Blair and possibly Norris who got infected first followed by Palmer who might all be going around infected the group. As Clark was never infected, but his being a loner who does not fit in means the group misjudges him and buys in the things whispers, and it leads to his murder. Like this was bold back in the 80s and a move like this is still bold today as it calls out on how mean humanity is to people who don't fit.

The novel for this is meant to be good as well.

Where did you get either of those facts from? The only one whose eyes did that was the first human assimilated, because the process was incomplete. The infectee in the famous blood test scene has perfectly normal eyes until they pop from his socket. And for Clark, while his social isolation from the rest of the group definitely didn't help him in terms of suspicion,
he died because he tried to stab MacReady, because he thought Mac was a Thing.
. If anyone really got shafted in terms of suspicion, it was Mac.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:26 pm

View Original PostThuktun Flishithy wrote:Where did you get either of those facts from? The only one whose eyes did that was the first human assimilated, because the process was incomplete. The infectee in the famous blood test scene has perfectly normal eyes until they pop from his socket. And for Clark, while his social isolation from the rest of the group definitely didn't help him in terms of suspicion,
he died because he tried to stab MacReady, because he thought Mac was a Thing.
. If anyone really got shafted in terms of suspicion, it was Mac.

This was where the thing about the eyes came from, it's from the filmmakers themselves. https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1550760/a-huge-secret-about-john-carpenters-the-thing-may-have-just-been-revealed

The other part was just my thoughts, I was not inferring it was fact in any way, as it's a film that you can view from many sides.

Return to “Film and Video”