Famous Fans of Eva

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

Famous Fans of Eva

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:00 pm

I know Robin Williams said he was a huge one, but is there anyone celebrity beside him that's also a fan?
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Famous Fans of Eva

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Wes Anderson

He also included EOE on his list of top 10 Animated Films (that's ALL animated movies, not just anime) for Time Out New York.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:11 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Wes Anderson

He also included EOE on his list of top 10 Animated Films (that's ALL animated movies, not just anime) for Time Out New York.

Wonder how he'll do his own version of it.

I also read that Jhohen Vasquez is a fan of Eva. I know him as the creator behind my favorite western animated show: Invader ZiM.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Corneliu Zelea Codreanu famously watched two episodes each day, twice- once in the morning just after waking up, and once with his death squad shortly after dinner.

He once said, "It's good to watch Eva episodes in pairs. Almost always the episodes are innately connected and clearly meant to be viewed together as two halves of a whole, and if not they at least agree in tone and are not disagreeable with each other. As for watching them two times a day, the first time, alone, is to get my mind flowing and give me something to motivate me towards and over the day; while the second time is to reëxamine the episodes with my new theories in mind and discuss them with my friends. I must say, though, that on the eleventh and twelfth days of each cycle I grow discontented. It's clear that 22, 23, & 24 form an ideal triad, while 21 stands alone, and is far more related to the previous than to the following. I have often discussed realigning the schedules to take account of this with Horia, but as you know we are very busy and it's difficult to ensure we could always spare the extra hour on the twelfth day. But lately he's been saying that he has an idea burdgeoning, and I'm finally becoming hopeful. After all, as long as one is still alive, one can find happiness."

Sadly, Mr. Codreanu was arrested and murdered before the adjustment could at last be made.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:31 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Corneliu Zelea Codreanu famously watched two episodes each day, twice- once in the morning just after waking up, and once with his death squad shortly after dinner.

He once said, "It's good to watch Eva episodes in pairs. Almost always the episodes are innately connected and clearly meant to be viewed together as two halves of a whole, and if not they at least agree in tone and are not disagreeable with each other. As for watching them two times a day, the first time, alone, is to get my mind flowing and give me something to motivate me towards and over the day; while the second time is to reëxamine the episodes with my new theories in mind and discuss them with my friends. I must say, though, that on the eleventh and twelfth days of each cycle I grow discontented. It's clear that 22, 23, & 24 form an ideal triad, while 21 stands alone, and is far more related to the previous than to the following. I have often discussed realigning the schedules to take account of this with Horia, but as you know we are very busy and it's difficult to ensure we could always spare the extra hour on the twelfth day. But lately he's been saying that he has an idea burdgeoning, and I'm finally becoming hopeful. After all, as long as one is still alive, one can find happiness."

Sadly, Mr. Codreanu was arrested and murdered before the adjustment could at last be made.

But Mr.Corneliu died in 1938.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”