Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:01 pm

Keeping my expectations low meant I really enjoyed the pilot of Berserk (2016). Still too much CGI usage, but the hand drawn stuff is great, the soundtrack is fantastic and overall I'm just happy to see post-eclipse shit get animated.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2015 to now

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:20 pm

So, do you guys think that Mayoiga is worth a watch now that I can take it down in a few days, or should I skip it altogether?(Or put at the bottom of my to watch list?)

robersora wrote:
I remember that show. Back then I was bewildered by it's zany change of gears, and found it overtly melodramatic. It was very funny, but all the emotional beat fell completely flat to me and felt like a dumb version of Haibane Renmei. But this was ages ago, I was still a teenager and only into "serious Anime". I really need to rewatch that. I still think its character design is atrocious, though. I just hate the Key-look. While they are well-realized they feel just so generic and uncreative.

Yea, the character designs are definitely nothing to write home about, especially that of the main guy character. I thought Yurippe's design was pretty sharp, though. It is indeed very melodramatic(your serious anime phase reminds me of one I went through with literature. Only read super dense books and took it all very seriously) but I usually like animes with a nice group of friends coming together and all that crap, or ones like shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu where we've got the two buddies with different personalities.

Justacrazyguy wrote:I hope people at least aren't annoyed by my simplistic writing.

It's nothing to be worried about at all. Personally, I could write thousands of words of fiction at the drop of a hat, but if someone asked me what I thought of some anime or book or song all I can really say is "I like it" "It ain't my thing" etc.

I really love seeing what other on here think of animes(even if it's just a word or two) because I don't talk to anybody IRL about anime. Ever. And I'm not on any other boards, not as if I want to know what non-Eva fans think about anime. :wink:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:10 pm

My recommendation: Mayoiga is pretty awesome if you're willing to accept that it's a comedy intentionally playing around with tropes and techniques and expectations, though its sense of humor may or may not actually work for you. (I loved it, personally.) If you try forcing Mayoiga's round peg into the square hole of "why isn't it being serious?", though, then you're going to have a bad time.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:59 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:though its sense of humor may or may not actually work for you. (I loved it, personally.)

This, Mayoiga is one of those anime were you really can't know if you'll like it, you just have to risk watching it.

---

Shounen Maid: A lighthearted show with a few dramatic moments sprinkled trough it, with the most intense one being curiously inserted right in the beginning of the first episode. Some thought that because of the cover, it would have fanservice of the shota variety, but if that hurts your sensibilities do not worry! The only "sexual" moments of the show are in the ED.

Your enjoyment of this one will likely be decided by whether you like the characters or not. I didn't and, because of that, the 12 episodes were mostly a lukewarm experience. It didn't help that the "comedy" could barely be classified as such.
I'd let this one slide.

Sakamoto Desu Ga?: Now this is a proper comedy! Barring the weak first episode, the show is funny and, on a few occasions, capable of genuine emotional moments, with Sakamoto being a sort of guardian angel, improving the life of everyone around him. I should also mention the great OP and, in general, competent soundtrack.
I'll miss this one.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:43 pm

View Original Postrobersora wrote:I hope we can make this subforum blossom again, together!

Well, okay. I guess I should offer my thoughts on this season's shows to move that idea along. In no particular order:

Kiznaiver: I really wanted to like this one, and in many ways I did -- great OP, fantastic cast, great visuals, etc. But the story was just so dopey, and so clumsily executed, that I could never fully get into it. And that fact that none of the pairings ever went anywhere (and that best girl got a really raw deal over the course of several episodes) was really irritating. The show had potential, but for me it was a swing and a miss.

Macross Delta: Overall I really liked this cour, but it had some problems. The excessive focus on a single squad felt awfully contrived, since the knights are supposedly going after multiple planets in the system. Of course you need to keep your cast of characters manageable, but the show often went to hilarious lengths to avoid situating the squad in the larger setting: no replacement pilots for lost members, reinforcements that just sit back and do planetary defense rather than help with anything important, etc. I mean, is this the only Walküre style group in the galaxy? Do the Knights of Windermere really only have that one squad to work with? I can't think of another Macross show that contorted matters of scale in such bizarre ways.

That said, Delta had great music, beautiful animation, and genuinely likable characters, so I give it a thumbs up generally. I'm a little puzzled as to why it had to last for more than one cour, though; the final ep seemed primed to tie everything up, and it could have served as a competent finale to the show if only the last five minutes or so was changed. The obvious answer is because it's Macross, but story-wise we don't have a lot of setup for the next cour.

Kabineri: If Delta seems like it's being dragged out Kabineri felt like it ended far too soon. Everyone boarded the train for crazytown, Biba went through the stages of villainy in record time, and then at the end . . . whelp, that's an ending, alright. But nothing's really changed, and where the heck are they going now? This could have easily been a two cour show, and I wish it was. It would have made a lot more sense.

Kuromukuro: I can't say much for the ongoing plot of this one, but I absolutely love the characters and the way they interact. And it's a good thing, too, because the mecha are no great shakes and the villains are terminably dull. Hope this show kicks it up a notch next cour, because I don't think SoL shenanigans are gonna be enough to carry the show otherwise.

Luluco: I'll break with the crowd here and admit I found this a bit tiresome when all was said and done. For the first couple of eps it was fine, but that level of zaniness is just hard to take for thirteen episodes. It was a decent show, mind, but not really my bag.

Flying Witch: Not much to say here that hasn't already been said, it was just an absolutely perfect and delightful show. It's so nice to see characters who don't have to grow and mature, who actually have lives outside of school, who are just enjoying life and don't have deeply traumatic family issues to sort through . . . lots of people have problems in life, but lots of people have good lives, too! it's nice to see that onscreen on occasion.

Mayoiga: Meh. I know, I know, we're supposed to find it hilarious or something, but it was just dumb. The cast was too big, the drama was too over the top, etc etc. Pass.

Haifuri: GODDAMN SPACE RATS!!! Ahem. Sorry, nervous tic. This show should have been Girls und Panzer on boats, but it wasn't. Instead it was sappy, stupid melodrama driven by one of the dumbest plot ideas I've encountered in recent memory. Dull, insipid characters, boring action, utterly contrived conflicts . . . this was easily the biggest letdown of the season.

Tanaka-kun: This wasn't as good as Flying Witch, but as relaxing anime goes it wasn't bad, either. Tanaka-kun manages to be endearing despite being a perpetual slacker, and the rest of the cast gives him a rich set of interactions to work with throughout. It's a much better show than I would have expected it to be.

Netoge no Yome: Not a great show, but not awful, it's a fairly pedestrian, by the numbers MMORPG anime. I do give it points for at least demonstrating a basic understanding of how MMORPGs work, which is rather refreshing given the genre conventions.

Ushio & Tora: I have a complicated relationship with this show. I absolutely devoured the first cour, as watching it was completely effortless for me. It went off the rails a bit in the second cour, which I did not find as enjoyable, and it really pissed me off with the first few episodes of the third. I stopped watching it altogether after episode 29, because the first three episodes just left me cold. I powered through the rest yesterday and . . . holy shit, way found! Not only did it get back on track, it proceeded to deliver one of the best endings I think I've ever seen in shonen anime, or, hell, storytelling in general. You know that feeling at the end of KLK, when Ryuko and you-know-who are saying their goodbyes? Yeah, it was like that. Really, really great. And the best part about it was that virtually everything in the show came together and had relevance at the end. This is how a boss battle should be fought, folks. It's utterly magnificent and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good storytelling.

Dragon Ball Super: It's like Dragon Ball Z but with better pacing! Also, having the God of Destruction, someone who can completely own nearly everyone in the setting, providing commentary on the fights is actually more interesting than having a bunch of weaklings sit around and be awed by everyone who's actually fighting. Beerus and Whiis add a really neat dynamic to the show that makes watching it a treat, and when combined with the much more reasonably paced battles it makes for a far more digestible show than its predecessor.

And that was my season. Not sure what I'm watching next cour, though I know DB Super, Macross Delta, Kuromukuro, and the second season of Arslan are on the list. Anyone know of any exciting prospects?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:32 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And that was my season. Not sure what I'm watching next cour, though I know DB Super, Macross Delta, Kuromukuro, and the second season of Arslan are on the list. Anyone know of any exciting prospects?

I'm interested in 91 Days, a prohibition era gangster show, solely because of the setting, I hope it's good. There's also Berserk, which I'll watch out of curiosity since the manga is so lauded, but the first episode was pretty bad.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:00 pm

^I think part of the problem with Berserk ep.01 is that it attempts to partially adapt the first chapter of the manga. It's fairly faithful in some areas, but since that chapter as a whole had been written before the characters and backstory were fully realised, it's not a great establishing moment. It also makes the changes that were made (such as the tree demons and the sudden inclusion of Isidro) a fair bit more glaring.
View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Keeping my expectations low meant I really enjoyed the pilot of Berserk (2016). Still too much CGI usage, but the hand drawn stuff is great, the soundtrack is fantastic and overall I'm just happy to see post-eclipse shit get animated.

I saw a fair number of people complaining at the CGI. In all honesty it wasn't that bad, and the hand-drawn stuff was great if regrettably sparse. If anything it reminded me a lot of Guilty Gear xRd -Sign- in terms of its attempts to replicate hand-drawn animation with 3D models. It's definitely not as bad as Sailor Moon Crystal Seasons 1-2. And I am really glad that they finally got out of the Golden Age arc so we can get round to the rest of the main cast.

I doubt people who dislike the original anime and manga are going to be drawn into it, but should be an adequate adaptation for longtime fans.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:23 am

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:Also, how come the forum has multiple 100 post topics discussing Rahxephon vs Eva but Dual only ever gets little mentions!

Because it's not worth it?

Sure, Dual! appears to have lots and lots of parallels with Evangelion, but they're all entirely superficial. There is no similarity in either the themes of the shows or their workings out; none whatsoever. Dual! is a lighthearted show - not quite a comedy, but also not taking itself too seriously. There is not a trace of angst, nor are there any significant backstories, and rather few serious decisions, even. Think of it as a low-key harem show with mechas and a bit of multi-universe shenanigans, and you won't go far wrong (the multi-universe bit means that there are two copies of one of the girls, and they all end up together - well, well!). I found it really quite endearing in fact, but I can't imagine feeling any need to revisit it. Oh, and I thought the music was above average.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

robersora
Laissez-faire in Moderation

•      
  •      

Postby robersora » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:40 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I guess you mean the characterisation was nice. But I found much of the animation curiously stilted. Since you mentioned Niea_7, I'll just remark that I much preferred that to this.

Well yes, but I really found the characters to be nice to watch. Like, watching whatever the people in the show were up to, made me happy.
View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I don't get why people say that. It's quite distinctive; but I have a feeling that it will date more than many other shows.

Which could very well be - opinions change constantly. But for now I still find it to be dazzingly beautiful. The scene composition, lightning, camera angles, animation quality are off the roof. I hope this team will work on another show, hopefully with a competent writer.

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote: Berserk

*looks at it*
lol, nope.
I'll gladly wait for the next reboot.

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:My recommendation: Mayoiga is pretty awesome if you're willing to accept that it's a comedy intentionally playing around with tropes and techniques and expectations, though its sense of humor may or may not actually work for you. (I loved it, personally.) If you try forcing Mayoiga's round peg into the square hole of "why isn't it being serious?", though, then you're going to have a bad time.

This should be printed on an eventual BD Release, or at least be added to the synopsis on Chrunchyroll.

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:I usually like animes with a nice group of friends coming together and all that crap, or ones like shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu where we've got the two buddies with different personalities.

Yeah, Angel Beats' cast is fun, and I remember laughing a lot during the comedy scenes. So I can see, why this might have been up you alley. I think it would have greatly benefited from double the Episode count, though. (And a little less melodrama).

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:I'm interested in 91 Days, a prohibition era gangster show, solely because of the setting, I hope it's good. .

*Fingers crossed it's actually Baccano!2 in disguise*

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Kiznaiver: I really wanted to like this one, and in many ways I did -- great OP, fantastic cast, great visuals, etc. But the story was just so dopey, and so clumsily executed, that I could never fully get into it. And that fact that none of the pairings ever went anywhere (and that best girl got a really raw deal over the course of several episodes) was really irritating. The show had potential, but for me it was a swing and a miss.

Which is totally understandable. If your not so easily pleased by shiny, pretty pictures like myself, the glaring failings of the narrative will end up being a deal breaker.
Macross Delta:
Oh yeah. I've seen 5 Minutes of that, before rage quitting and remembering, why I hate Macross with a burning passion.[/quote]
View Original PostBagheera wrote:Kabineri: If Delta seems like it's being dragged out Kabineri felt like it ended far too soon. Everyone boarded the train for crazytown, Biba went through the stages of villainy in record time, and then at the end . . . whelp, that's an ending, alright. But nothing's really changed, and where the heck are they going now? This could have easily been a two cour show, and I wish it was. It would have made a lot more sense.

On the contrary, I think it would have been better to make a movie out of this concept. Cut all the bullshit and produce a Red Line Tier spectacle.
The best Episode was the festival Episode. It finally made an attempt to make me care for this characters. Granted, Mumei and MC are as awesome as leads can get, and the supporting cast was nice too. Also, Episode 1&12 looked even better than Kiznaiver and have been lots of fun. Generally the designs of this show are amazing, and whenever they had enough time to put effort into bringing those to life, it was a blast watching. But there had just been too many leaps of logic for me. I know, they needed to move the story in a certain direction, and I know, it's supposed to be plain fun, but often times the event connected to each other so poorly I was regularly torn out of the show. All in all, it's far from terrible, but with a few tweaks I could have had more fun. 6/10
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Are there any anime worth recommending right now? Mind you, I can't stand any kind of harem like show where a boring male protagonist/male viewer stand-in has a horde of overly character designed women with squeaky voices throw themselves at him during the course of the show.

I liked Shirobako. Things along that nature that are about something and aren't just shows that are dabbling in whatever weird sexual fetish is in now.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:29 am

Berserk ep.02

This was a lot better than last week's offering, since we've moved past the clumsy opening to the Holy Iron Chain Knights arc. It still does seem like a pretty rough transition, though, since the Rosine arc was cut out completely. As usual the animation remains the central spot of annoyance: the CG animation looks a tad more unnatural in sunlight. The flashback sequences, in contrast, are animated quite well in traditional 2D, which once again raises the question of why they couldn't animate the entire show in that style instead. It's also rather jarring when some of the present-day close-ups change to the 2D style and then go back to 3D in the next shot.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:49 am

Oh, son of a bitch. Why didn't anyone tell me there was an Orange anime? You people are useless! :tongue:

Still trying to find worthy shows this season. I have a few so far, but the pickings so far seem to be pretty slim.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:27 am

Now I watch Bakemonogatari and Lain.Now I plan to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Gurren Laggen.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:09 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Berserk ep.02 The flashback sequences, in contrast, are animated quite well in traditional 2D, which once again raises the question of why they couldn't animate the entire show in that style instead.

I think 3d makes it easier to animate action scenes, which I assume this show will have plenty of. I'm already getting used to it though, 3d never bothered me much anyway, but I can't deny that in this show the 3d is particularly bad, the character desings don't help either, some of them just look ridiculous in this format.

I watched a couple of shows from the new season that look promising, Alderamin on the Sky and Amanchu. The former is a weird mix of fantasy in a gundpowder age setting where two empires wage war in a fictitious tropical world, while the latter is a "cute girls doing cute things" type of show where the subject matter, scuba diving, will apparently matter.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:14 am

Alongside my marathoning Space Runaway Ideon (which I'm not yet convinced by), I'm planning to follow 91 Days and Orange - I'll be starting on those this evening.

Ideon I'm finding slow and rather depressing. Nearly everyone's response to nearly everything is: Attack!, Fight!, and there's not yet enough counterbalance to that. But I'll keep going for now, because I enjoyed the films when I watched them.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:54 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote: Orange

The second episode of this one was actually very solid, and has me pretty excited for where they're going to be going with it(haven't read the manga). Really wonderful use of music throughout, and the plot had me worrying and stressing(in a good way) after a first episode that didn't really do too much for me. Naho seems to be a pretty well written, realistic protagonist, which is always really nice to see.

Watching Love Live Sunshine as well, which is predictably and easily awesome. I'm not really into the music(unless down the line they make a Love Live series with a bunch of goths girls) but the first series was such a fun watch that I'm just excited for more Love Live. Of course, it'll probably be a bit predictable but I'm enjoying the fun and goofy vibe so far and the mentions of Muse(U's) here and there are nice. Hopefully the student body president doesn't stop the group before they end up forming!! :wink:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:04 am

I thought the first episode of Orange was pretty solid. It introduced some promising characters and an acceptably intriguing plot start; but it'll need an injection of tension to keep it going for a whole season. Meanwhile, a nicely presented show in an utterly conventional anime high-school setting. I'll be catching up with ep2 in a day or so, and will hopefully have more to say.

91 Days couldn't be more different - gritty stuff from the off (murder and revenge in the US at the time of the Prohibition), and presented in fabulous dark and muted colours. If they can keep the story as convincing as the presentation, this will be a winner (again, this is just from one episode). If you want a complete change from Japanese high schools, this could be for you.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Danganronpa 3 future chapter episode 1:
SPOILER: Show

My waifu is so fucked.

First episode was really nice looking forward to seeing more next week, that being said I've got some complicated feelings on this show my favorite character survived the first and second game but I'm really having bad feelings if she'll make it through this anime. I'd be pretty devastated if she got killed after surviving everything but I'm going to hold out hope till the end that she'll make it. Although the OP makes me think that she won't be so lucky. oh also the blood is red in side future that's really weird since the blood in DR has always been pink bit jaring to be seeing red blood in this series :D. Anyway really looking forward to Wednesday when Danganronpa 3 side despair episode 1 airs, pretty cool that there are two danganronpa animes airing at the same time.

As for other stuff I'm watching this season re:zero continues to be great it'll likely be my show of the year if it doesn't shit the bed.

Tales of Zestiria the X is pretty decent so far really hoping they'll do what I think they're doing and changing the plot from the game since the game's plot was pretty bad

Arslan S2: More Arslan is always nice pretty disappointed its only going to be 8 episodes but just having a S2 is nice enough

Shokugeki no Soma S2: Picked up right where it left off last season, and I'm still liking it a lot. Jojo's joke at the end of episode 2 was pretty strong too

Diamond is unbreakable: New OP got me so excited when i saw it can't wait till we get to Kira I just hope he'll be voiced by Rikiya Koyama like he was in all star battle since his performance there was fantastic.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

robersora

•      
  •      

Postby robersora » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:05 am

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:Now I watch Bakemonogatari and Lain.Now I plan to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Gurren Laggen.

I don't think you can go horrible wrong with any of these choices. Even if they're not to your taste - they're certainly not bad... Haven't seen LotG, though.

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Are there any anime worth recommending right now? Mind you, I can't stand any kind of harem like show where a boring male protagonist/male viewer stand-in has a horde of overly character designed women with squeaky voices throw themselves at him during the course of the show.

In this case, I'd recommend Shouwa Genraku Rakugo Shinjuu.
If you're talking about this season, it's difficult to say after 1 Episode...
91 Days seems to have a grasp on Gangster-Drama second only to Baccano!,
Amaama to Inazuma/Sweetness and Lightning operates in a well-worn story (dead wife, dad raises daughter alone, everything's heartachingly cute, but sad), but until now they haven't fallen into the pitfall of too much melodrama or creepy child-fetish.
orange will certainly be melodramatic, but it looks amazing and has a great grasp on the very particular dumbness of teenagers.
days is very good too, if you're into sport shows. This one's about football/soccer - haven't gotten one of those in a while.
And then there's the obvious Mob Psycho 100 I think this will be my favourite of the season by far - just because it hits my tastes perfectly and looks refreshingly different. Also, there seems to have been put as much much love into Mob, as they put effort in One Punch Man.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:27 am

Berserk 1-3: I somehow get the feeling this is not the best place to start with this franchise.

Return to “Anime and Manga”