Comic Books!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Comic Books!

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:08 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Have you read the Fire & Stone crossovers? I have been meaning to, the art in the Prometheus mini was fantastic. Artist Juan Ferreyra would go on to work on Suicide Squad & Green Arrow for Dc.

I have yet to read that but I know that was a Dark Horse, I'll give it a look ^_^

Even before that, Disney has never had an issue relating R rated films. IIRC they used Miramax for that.

Ah this makes sense now, as I recall princess mononoke was released through Miramax and not Disney Pixar.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:25 am

Finally back to reading comics with moderate consistency.

Finished...
William Gibson's Alien 3 comic adaptation by Dark Horse.
- Surprisingly decent story (I recognize I am in the minority here)
- Only serious complaint was them not using Ripley in virtually anyway (not sure if this was at the stage where the producers inexplicably wanted to push Hicks as the lead or if this was the stage where they simply didn't expect Weaver to come back for monetary reasons), thankfully they did not kill her off like one of the other alternate scripts did.
- The Alien propagating like a airborne virus didn't bother me as much as I expected as it was a one off mutation.
Batman - Last Knight on Earth
- Good quick post apocalyptic Batman story.
A Red Mass for Mars
- Decent.
- First time I agreed with Johnathan Hickman's reputation for writing sterile emotionless characters. Didn't get that from his fantastic Avengers runs at all.

Currently reading...
Three Jokers (2020)
- Great.
- Heavy focus on Barbara & Jason.
- Fabok's art is fantastic. Only weakness is not making the Comedian & The Clown look different enough from each other. The Criminal is the only one who stands out.
Detective Comics (2011 - new 52)
- I have read up to issue #14. Don't get the hate. Of course it's not as good as Scott Snyder's Court of Owls but it's still solid.
- Dr Toxic was a interesting unique villain.
The Eternals (1976)
- First issue held my attention more than expected, gonna try and make my way through all the various Eternals series before the movie comes out.
Plunge by the son of Stephen King.
- Very happy Stuart Immonen isn't retired as I heard.
- 1st issue was solid. Characters fleshed out well enough.
Thor (2018)
- Behind on Thor for the first time since I started reading him around 2009.
- Del Mundo's art is not fitting the book nearly as well as expected.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:37 pm

Man, I've really fallen behind with my comics. I was halfway through Doomsday Clock and Heroes in Crisis when I stopped, randomly, and I think that was early/mid-last year. I have something of a small backlog to get through as well.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”