Shinji x Kaworu shipping?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: Shinji x Kaworu shipping?

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon May 30, 2016 3:55 am

^

Or better yet, JUST STAY SINGLE!! You dont need no woman or man! :toothy:

Love yourself Shinji, that's all you need.

I'm lying. AsuxShin forever!
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon May 30, 2016 7:40 am

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Love yourself Shinji, that's all you need.

And you don't have other options anyway... :P
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon May 30, 2016 7:55 am

EoE says otherwise
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon May 30, 2016 11:38 am

Plus Stillborn, you missed what I REALLY think underneath.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

cunning linguist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:53 pm

I ain't no queer but kawoshin is probably the only feasible romantic relationship the Shinj could have in the context of the series. Think about it. Asuka is a violent, bipolar asshole (or "tsundere" as the weebs call it) with extreme emotional issues. Rei is too socially stunted to even understand romantic love, a clone of his mom, and despite being qt probably smells like an afterbirth from those cloning tanks. Despite our collective fantasies, Misato is too old and would be a pedo. Kaworu, on the other hand, is nice, supportive, and genuinely loves Shinji for who he is and wants him to improve as a person. I think shipping is retarded in general (it doesn't matter who ends up with who, NGE isn't a romcom), but Kaworu and Shinji is the only ship that actually makes sense when you think about it. That is, unless Pen-Pen decides to play for the other team.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:28 pm

View Original Postcunning linguist wrote:I ain't no queer but kawoshin is probably the only feasible romantic relationship the Shinj could have in the context of the series.

The whole losing his head thing makes that unlikely.

Think about it. Asuka is a violent, bipolar asshole (or "tsundere" as the weebs call it) with extreme emotional issues.

Asuka isn't really any of these things, and her issues weren't that extreme until Nerv threw her into the meat grinder with absolutely no support to back her up. She certainly has serious problems by the time the show's over, but prior to the descent arc she was just a talented, arrogant kid (read: teenager) with buried childhood trauma. Those are a dime a dozen in real life, so nothing particularly special there.

Rei is too socially stunted to even understand romantic love, a clone of his mom, and despite being qt probably smells like an afterbirth from those cloning tanks.

Doubtful, as she seems to bathe as regularly as everyone else. As for socially stunted, that's about Shinji's speed anyway . . .

Kaworu, on the other hand, is nice, supportive, and genuinely loves Shinji for who he is and wants him to improve as a person.

Kaworu is an Angel who lacks free will and doesn't even understand what love is. Kaworu's also the guy who consistently, regardless of continuity, utterly wrecks Shinji every time he shows up. Love is a weapon, and Kaworu uses it quite well.

I think shipping is retarded in general (it doesn't matter who ends up with who, NGE isn't a romcom), but Kaworu and Shinji is the only ship that actually makes sense when you think about it. That is, unless Pen-Pen decides to play for the other team.

When you think about it the only ship that makes sense is Shinji and Asuka, since they're the only two people left on stage at the end. I mean, the others aren't even possible at that point, so if you wanna talk about what's feasible . . .
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:32 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:When you think about it the only ship that makes sense is Shinji and Asuka

So shipping Misato with Kaji equates to nonsense?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

vinska
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby vinska » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Kawoshin is... not that good. It's cute, I love Kawoshin art, but it's still not that good.
View Original PostBagheera wrote:When you think about it the only ship that makes sense is Shinji and Asuka
What? They would hurt each other in so many ways. I have NO idea why people ship Asuka X Shinji. Asuka realizing that she doesn't need validation from Shinji (or Kaji) was a pretty big part of her character... dunno why you would want to ruin that.
hug a Shinji ikari today

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:44 pm

View Original Postvinska wrote:Asuka realizing that she doesn't need validation from Shinji (or Kaji) was a pretty big part of her character... dunno why you would want to ruin that.

You could try reading Bagheera's post-EoE fan fic Ghosts of Evangelion to get his thoughts on that.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

vinska
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby vinska » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Never heard of it, but I'll definitely check it out.
hug a Shinji ikari today

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:49 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:So shipping Misato with Kaji equates to nonsense?

If they come back from the tang, sure, they're a perfectly viable pairing. But that's not a given at the end of EoE, just a possibility. I wrote more than the part you quoted for a reason . . . :impatient:
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:36 pm

I don't care much for KawoShin. If Kaworu actually was the nice but kinda weird magical bishie boyfriend he's made out to be, that'd be fine, but as Bagheera has pointed out, he's not. He's a lot of bad business wrapped up in a pretty face and a pleasant smile. Shinji's better off without that Kaworu.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

cunning linguist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:02 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:The whole losing his head thing makes that unlikely.

Asuka isn't really any of these things, and her issues weren't that extreme until Nerv threw her into the meat grinder with absolutely no support to back her up. She certainly has serious problems by the time the show's over, but prior to the descent arc she was just a talented, arrogant kid (read: teenager) with buried childhood trauma. Those are a dime a dozen in real life, so nothing particularly special there.

Doubtful, as she seems to bathe as regularly as everyone else. As for socially stunted, that's about Shinji's speed anyway . . .

Kaworu is an Angel who lacks free will and doesn't even understand what love is. Kaworu's also the guy who consistently, regardless of continuity, utterly wrecks Shinji every time he shows up. Love is a weapon, and Kaworu uses it quite well.

When you think about it the only ship that makes sense is Shinji and Asuka, since they're the only two people left on stage at the end. I mean, the others aren't even possible at that point, so if you wanna talk about what's feasible . . .

Well, technically Shinsuka is the only possible ship by EoE, but I'm talking in terms of the relationships that could theoretically exist, were they given the chance to, and whether or not those would work. As for Asuka, her childhood trauma (mom goes crazy, tries to kill Asuka, kills herself in front of her) is hardly what I would call dime a dozen. NERV made it worse, sure, but Shinji's relationship with her started after they put her in the meat grinder, so serious issues were to be had, especially into the long-term. If EoE hadn't happened, and shinsuka could continue in a normal context, I think you would find the issues getting worse and worse between them as Asuka became more unbalanced (he even strangles her in EoE). Her treatment of Shinji would also do nothing for his own mental issues.

And while Shinji is awkward, he can at least appear normal, whereas Rei can hardly understand the basics of human interaction. She might as well be an alien, plus she's a clone of his mom. Kinda freaky all around and way more so than Shinji.

Kaworu isn't perfect; like you said, he's the final angel. But he's not one-dimensionally evil like the other angels (if they could even be called evil, since we don't know their motivation), and seems to want both Shinji and humanity to survive, despite his role, allowing Shinji to kill him. It was fate, not Kaworu himself, that hurt Shinji. I agree that their relationship isn't practically feasible, but from a character standpoint, it would theoretically work the best, were Kaworu to escape his fate somehow. Shinji is more compatible with Kaworu than Rei, Asuka, or Misato, even though they could never realistically be together, and their relationship would be the least emotionally perilous. I worded it poorly before, but that was really the point I was trying to make.

At least we can agree on one thing:
SPOILER: Show
Shinji REALLY belongs with Pen-Pen

cunning linguist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:03 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:The whole losing his head thing makes that unlikely.

Well, technically Shinsuka is the only possible ship by EoE, but I'm talking in terms of the relationships that could theoretically exist, were they given the chance to, and whether or not those would work. As for Asuka, her childhood trauma (mom goes crazy, tries to kill Asuka, kills herself in front of her) is hardly what I would call dime a dozen. NERV made it worse, sure, but Shinji's relationship with her started after they put her in the meat grinder, so serious issues were to be had, especially into the long-term. If EoE hadn't happened, and shinsuka could continue in a normal context, I think you would find the issues getting worse and worse between them as Asuka became more unbalanced (he even strangles her in EoE). Her treatment of Shinji would also do nothing for his own mental issues.

And while Shinji is awkward, he can at least appear normal, whereas Rei can hardly understand the basics of human interaction. She might as well be an alien, plus she's a clone of his mom. Kinda freaky all around and way more so than Shinji.

Kaworu isn't perfect; like you said, he's the final angel. But he's not one-dimensionally evil like the other angels (if they could even be called evil, since we don't know their motivation), and seems to want both Shinji and humanity to survive, despite his role, allowing Shinji to kill him. It was fate, not Kaworu himself, that hurt Shinji. I agree that their relationship isn't practically feasible, but from a character standpoint, it would theoretically work the best, were Kaworu to escape his fate somehow. Shinji is more compatible with Kaworu than Rei, Asuka, or Misato, even though they could never realistically be together, and their relationship would be the least emotionally perilous. I worded it poorly before, but that was really the point I was trying to make.

cunning linguist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cunning linguist » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:13 pm

View Original Postcunning linguist wrote:Well, technically Shinsuka is the only possible ship by EoE, but I'm talking in terms of the relationships that could theoretically exist, were they given the chance to, and whether or not those would work.

Theoretically AsuShin is the only relationship that can exist, since all of the others fail due to plot.

As for Asuka, her childhood trauma (mom goes crazy, tries to kill Asuka, kills herself in front of her) is hardly what I would call dime a dozen.

I would. There's a lot of freaky shit in the world, and crazy parents aren't all that uncommon.

NERV made it worse, sure, but Shinji's relationship with her started after they put her in the meat grinder, so serious issues were to be had, especially into the long-term.

No, Shinji met her long before she was dumped into the meat grinder. He jumped into a volcano to save her and everything!

Rei understands human interaction just fine. See her exchanges with Gendo, for example.

You cannot call a relationship emotionally safe when one party is coercing the other into taking actions that will be utterly self-destructive. Asuka, Rei, Misato, literally everybody else have not been demanding that of Shinji, but Kaworu has. He is the worst possible partner for Shinji regardless of continuity.

No, Shinji belongs with Asuka, the one age-appropriate human available to him who isn't an alien or worse.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:20 am

I totality ship these to there one of my favourite ships the other being Rei/Asuka.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:36 am

Shipping Shinji with Kaworu is essentially just shipping an anime fan with their waifu.

NONAME
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NONAME » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:33 am

They certainly look cute together, but if you think of it, is a ship that doesn't work.

I prefer shipping Ri-chan and Misato.
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:10 am

Nah,I ship Ritsuko x Misato.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”