Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
asukashikinami
Embryo

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in 3+1

•      
  •      

Postby asukashikinami » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:30 am

What I think every EVA fan wants to know first is... when 3+1 will be released. And I think that 4 movies won't be enough to explain all the mysteries that Rebuilds raises.

Shark Knight
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shark Knight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:37 am

I am afraid that they will leave a bunch of those hanging around or will cover them on exposition. Wathever the case, Anno keeps doing each one as if it where its own thing and if it where going to be the last one.
I would like 4th to be sort of a sequel to EOE in spirit and in character development. Specially between Shinji and Asuka... and quantum Rei. Screw Misato from 3.33

BTW I hope Shinji keeps his dark plugsuit because its a million times better than his blue and white one.
Let None Find Us Wanting

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:54 am

View Original Postasukashikinami wrote:What I think every EVA fan wants to know first is... when 3+1 will be released. And I think that 4 movies won't be enough to explain all the mysteries that Rebuilds raises.

I don't think everything in rebuild was meant to be explained. Like personally I want the 14 year time skip to be talked about, but there may not be a single line of dialogue spoken about it in 3+1. Also if you go back to NGE, not everything was explained when End of Eva got released either. Like the quantum/book-end Rei is a good example... while yes there are a lot of fan theories about Quantum/book-end Rei, the phenomenon itself is never given an explanation within the show.

So if I somehow got confusing there, I'm just trying to say, get ready for some of the mysteries that'll never get an explanation.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:55 pm

I don't care how 3.0+1.0 'll be. Rebuild has to end. Any other sequel would only stretch this unnecessarily out and ruin for what Rebuild and Evangelion overall stands for: For being a tale that haunts me for the rest of my life and being a true mental torture that is hard to indure.

I would neither have any thoutghts about what 'll happen there, nor 'll I expect anything from it. I won't make the same mistake other people made with the ending of NGE years ago. When I watched it, I hadn't any expectations too.

Thanks of what happened in 3.0 and that so little is known about the plot from the next film, anything could happen there and that's a reason more why.

I just want to get over with already and leave this living nightmare behind. And because of what happened in Rebuild so far,the last film should have the ending this film series deserves. This last film 'll be the final result of everything like how EoE was to NGE.

I would be glad when it's over and I don't think 'll feel myself any different after finishing Rebuild, compaired to how I felt after watching NGE, EoE and the previous rebuild films, especially 3.0.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pikadourei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pikadourei » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:38 am

Re: What if you could tell Anno what to do for final?
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/18544/What-if-you-could-tell-Anno-what-to-do-for-final/#p843874

Sorry Reichu, if this happens to be against the forum rules. But there's a slight difference between these threads and I do have an idea of what I would like someone to tell Anno, or lots of people even.

@ the locked topic I would've wanted to say I would tell Anno to just not give a crap about what people are saying or expecting and just relax try and make it fun. And thank him for the original TV series, a world wide hit that brought joy to many. And to remember to enjoy this new adventure instead of getting depressed, make it challenging to himself by making it fun :P
It might piss the fanbase off worse than ever... But, oh well?

On topic of this thread I don't really have anything to say really, I bet they'll come up with something better than I'd lay out right here.
So I hope this post is okay, even though it definitely looks a little lost.
My love explodes all over the world~

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Forgot I'd posted here. Oops. :lol:

View Original PostReichu wrote:The Nerv facilities weren't turned to core, so those seeds could have just been there the entire time. There wouldn't have been any practical way to prevent seeds being tracked in on the bottoms of people's shoes, via currents of airs, and so forth. Areas that have undergone years of exposure to the elements are inevitably starting to develop a soil layer -- at this point, perhaps little more than rust and dust, but enough for the hardiest herbaceous species to germinate in. Then they die and decompose and more seeds sprout and the soil layer gets bigger and bigger...

The facilities weren't but everything within miles of the place was. But the seeds managed to take the scarce resources they were given in the middle of a very hostile environment, sprout, and are slowly claiming it bit by bit. I think it's a nice visual metaphor for humanity's possible future is all. There's surely a reason they showed us that the barren melon patch inside the Geofront wasn't turned to core either. There's nothing growing in it right now, but it could probably be cultivated. Maybe that's what the Black Moon will be used for after everything's settled?

I'd really like a finale that adapts Eva tech to more positive and constructive ends.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

asukashikinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukashikinami » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:25 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:I don't think everything in rebuild was meant to be explained. Like personally I want the 14 year time skip to be talked about, but there may not be a single line of dialogue spoken about it in 3+1. Also if you go back to NGE, not everything was explained when End of Eva got released either. Like the quantum/book-end Rei is a good example... while yes there are a lot of fan theories about Quantum/book-end Rei, the phenomenon itself is never given an explanation within the show.

So if I somehow got confusing there, I'm just trying to say, get ready for some of the mysteries that'll never get an explanation.

Yes, EVA was like "never 100% is explained" and with really open ends, but rebuild has too little information about everything... I can't even imagine how will be rebuild end, as all in EVA (maybe in the end Shinji opens his eyes and says "another unknow ceiling", or something like that).

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Same as in NGE, none of the sci-fi trappings of Evas, Angels, Impacts & convoluted alternate universes really matter in the long run to the story Anno is telling.
What matters is where Shinji ends up as a character.
The plot is just a conduit to carry the story.
The story is Shinji.

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:26 pm

^This.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Most of the things I want are already been said here but still:

- I just hope the movie will not have Shinji's POV again. It was a good trick for 3.0 but it's absolutely useless for a final. We need to be inside all the characters.

- Some sequence in the desert. I don't want them right at the start, they could be flashback or dream sequences. There's no need to have them actually talking, especially Shinji, but they can play a lot with eye contact, tone, imagery. Continue on the route started at the end of 3.0 with Asuka taking Shinji by the end and then leaving only one trail on the sand. Stuff like that. Even a simple night scene in front of a fire with Shinji sleeping, Asuka watching him and Rei watching Asuka asking some generic but at the same time strinking question like "what is a friend (love)?"/"why are pushing him this far?". I don't even need an answer since I'm pretty sure Rebuilds will not solve most of the questions its raises.

- More screen time for Misato and some shot of her face. She's the character that changed the most (she's pretty much the only character that changed since the EVA pilots are just different shades of what they already were) and I'd like to see how she is under her mask. Her body and her face are totally covered in Q, we can't see her face while trying to pull the trigger on Shinji's or after not being able to do so. I want to know more on this "I dress badass to cover my internal conflit and fear" Misato.

- Mary's goal. She seems to be familiar with "Gendo-kun", she seems to know better than anyone what was going on in both 2.0 and 3.0. She's also a Cupid for Shinji and Asuka in 3.0. Why? Is it something she's been ordered to do? Did she failed so much on the battlefield cause she has to?

- Some Eva-01 action. Eva-13 was not as cool as 01 and I generally missed it in Q. Put Shinji in the fuckin' robot WILLE, I don't care for the new high tech super cool ship. Eva-01 is part of Shinji and a vital part of the show, having it forced out was okay once, I need it for Final tho.

- Asuka being saved by Shinji. This is something that came out of 3.0 in different occasions and it's probably foreshadowing. In both Anno's timelines Shinji never had the possibility or the will to save her from a tought situation. Make it happen Anno, it's the final chapter for Eva, don't be sadistic please. It can open a lot of different scenarios and it could put both of them in a stressed but positive situation.

- Not a totally open ending like EoE. 20 years have passed since then and I doubt anything as impactful as that can came out from 3.0 +1.0. Not because I don't trust Anno or his screewriting abilities but mainly because of the format he chose. We had 8 hours of plot before EoE (episode 1-24) and just half of that for the Rebuilds. Plus there's the fact that having a similar ending will not work twice, it will not be a surprise.

- Some tonal variaton: tone in general is something that I really focus on and I tend to follow it more than anything else. I know that is not a single factor that set the tone for a movie but it's a combination so this is pretty generale but still, whatever happens I don't want another movie like Q. Not that I hate it, I think it does some thing great and set some things that make it pretty useless on its own but that can make it a must watch if they are delivered well in Final, but it has a tone that I don't like in general. It's dark and even when Shinji is "less devasted" it's still too suffocating for me. The only time I feel something that it's not pity for Shinji right at the beginning when Eva-01 saves the day and at the end when Asuka take Shinji by the hand.

- A right amount of fan service. I'm not gonna lie, I want it. It's the last piece of Evangelion we are going to have (for now, who knows in the future) and I'm not ashamed for asking it.

- Less CGI and more hand drawn stuff. It makes it look better and organic.

- No Eva 2/8, or at least don't make it piloted by Asuka and Mary together, I don't like its design.
Last edited by Joseki on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:34 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:In all Evangelion's timelines Shinji never had the possibility or the will to save her from a tough situation.

Correction: he comes out in time to save her from the MPE series in Sadamoto's manga - though in that version while he is taking the MPEs down again for the second time, after their revival, he is then stopped by the Spear of Longinus as in EoE, so the result is much the same.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Correction: he comes out in time to save her from the MPE series in Sadamoto's manga - though in that version while he is taking the MPEs down again for the second time, after their revival, he is then stopped by the Spear of Longinus as in EoE, so the result is much the same.

I'll edit the post, I was referring to NGE+EoE+Rebuilds.

Geometer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Geometer » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:16 pm

I would like them to go with the TV style end, not a mind trip but leaving EVA/angels/nerv/ behind and just focusing on the characters. I'd like it to be about Shinji slowly regain trust over many months or years. One of eva's messages is that there is no easy way to happiness or having good relations. Q took this to the next level, and 3+1 should take it to its logical conclusion and show it. It also would be able to build everyone else up much more easily, Asuka, Misato, Mari, Rei Q, Sakura since it would be totally focusing on their personal interactions. Let it end right as Shinji is getting into the god damn robot again. The butt hurt would be glorious, it would probably even eclipse the tv ending.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Having recently marathoned the three films so far I can safely say all three films are phenomenal works of magic & it reaffirms my feelings that all Final needs to do to make the series complete is give Shinji an emotional close that includes a reunion with Misato & a proper goodbye to HIS Rei.

What great films.
I've had Shin Godzilla listed as my third favorite Anno film - behind EOE & 3.0 - but reconnecting with just how fun with a capital FUN 2.0 is I might have to move Godzilla down a spot.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:35 pm

I'd like to see Shinji get a happy ending while making things right with those he cares about.
And for those who treated him poorly will get what's coming to them, especially Gendo, Misato and the crew of the Wunder, and maybe...Asuka?
And we still don't know how Shikinami's backstory is different from Soryu's, so we need that in the final film.

I'm hoping the last film will end on good terms.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 pm

As time goes on, I just wanna be able to see Final, period.

But that won't happen.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:57 am

^ Just be alive in the next 20 months, and don't become blind. ^_^

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:54 pm

@Joseki

Sound advice.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:And for those who treated him poorly will get what's coming to them, especially Gendo, Misato and the crew of the Wunder, and maybe...Asuka?

Misato and Asuka didn't do anything wrong except be shitty communicators at the wrong time. It happens to everybody.

But I want Gendo to watch helplessly while his plans utterly fall apart and burn, and I want to see Shinji standing on the ashes.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu May 04, 2017 12:04 am

"And for those who treated him poorly to get what's coming to them..."

Aside from Gendo no one on the Wunder has really treated Shinji poorly. They just weren't given time to acclimate him to the new world he woke up to find himself in & still had to deal with the practicals of the fact he could trigger another disaster. Shinji runs off before they can truly try to help him. (Also unless you're a saint - which no one here is i'm certain - you've definitely hurt someone in your life intentionally due to simple miscommunication)

Of course, I love that later in 3.0 Kaworu & Fuyutsuki do exactly what people give Misato shit for NOT doing - massive info dumps about why the world is ruined partially due to Shinji's direct actions & that HIS Rei that he caused all this damage for isn't around because she's a clone of his mom - & that directly leads to Shinji almost destroying the world again in another Impact. Maybe she's not "an evil bitch" who doesn't care about Shinji but really does have his best interests at heart.

That's what I want to see in Final. Misato making it clear to Shinji that she still does care for him & feels guilty about her part in the destruction of his life (he's still a kid who she directly put into harms way in an Eva) & that she just wants him to be happy & free of the dreaded Evangelion. I think I'll get that scene at least. Everything else in the film is a mystery because Anno is an exciting filmmaker who does not take the lazy path.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”