Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 pm

I would like to see, once there is a release date set, is perhaps a series of short films set in the Rebuild world a la the short films made for the upcoming Blade Runner sequel.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I would like to see, once there is a release date set, is perhaps a series of short films set in the Rebuild world a la the short films made for the upcoming Blade Runner sequel.

I second this. The post 3I world feels like too big a place not to explore it. So much potential for Anno to hand it off to others to flesh out the world dare I say Eva Cinematic Universe (o ho ho).
Leave Shinji alone

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:58 am

I just had a showerthought: if the movie doesn't contain at least one "anta baka?!" or "baka-Shinji" I'll be extremely sad. Gaki doesn't have the same ring as baka, and I need one more "baka" by Asuka in my life.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 am

The fun part?

"Gaki" could be tranlated as "brat"... But also as "ghoul". And how does Shinji look at the end of Q?

I wonder which "gaki" will be more prevalent in FINAL...
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:And how does Shinji look at the end of Q?

Like this

Proof  SPOILER: Show

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:03 am

Shinjis face falls into The Uncanny Valley all the time in this movie.

Also. Well not in the movie itself I really hope FUNimation can put the " until you come to me" short on the American DVD when final is eventually released.

I just want Shinji to come back from the brink if he can. This point I don't even care how.

Freeshinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Freeshinji » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Just rewatched 2.22 and 3.33 this morning-afternoon.... From the 3.0 trailer I think I’m more curious now about Kaji (and possibly it could relate to who killed him in the tv series).

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:43 am

I'd like to see other new Evas and new characters piloting them
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

barnett
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby barnett » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:32 am

View Original PostFreeshinji wrote:Just rewatched 2.22 and 3.33 this morning-afternoon.... From the 3.0 trailer I think I’m more curious now about Kaji (and possibly it could relate to who killed him in the tv series).

Even if they show the assassination of Kaji (and even if they show the identity of his killer) I don't think this would really say anything about his death in NGE. Also, it is assumed that it was just some killer working for Seele, nobody who had screen time on the show.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:50 pm

I want dat sweet Anno cinematography, and I know I'm getting that. Same with Shiro Sagisu's music.

As to the story, I also would like Asuka's backstory. The film will probably be a character study, so that should be easy to naturally fit in. And just in general I feel like this movie should just make clear what the Rebuild is about and how everything ties together.
I care less about exposition about the 14 years and stuff like that. If it's used for the characters and themes of the movie go ahead though.
But some mysteries in Eva is always fun.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm

I hope they visit the South Pole. :w00t:
Some flashbacks (from the timeskip between 2.22 and 3.33 or a more detailed view about Second Impact) would be nice.
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am

An explanation for the SDAT side plot, Rei Q further developing a personality (I'm personally hoping she becomes more like her Angelic Days incarnation), Mari (or any of the characters) having any sort of backstory or real character development, redesigned and updated Eva Series Units, Kaji, Misato's reaction to learning Shinji is still alive, Gendo breaking into WILLE and piloting Unit 01, causing it to burst out of the WUNDER, Kaworu returning and being a badass, Mari having any sort of personality at all, more Sakura (it's like she was introduced just because people were excited for the new character Mari, OH WAIT, SHE WAS), Anno shitting all over fans of the Rebuilds and ruining everything. New Theatrical is just a clusterfuck at this point, there's no way Anno can successfully salvage it and explain everything, and tell explicitly what happened during the 14 year time-skip, AND give at least Shinji, Asuka, Misato, Rei, and Rei Q happy endings within two hours.

View Original PostStillborn wrote:The fun part?

"Gaki" could be tranlated as "brat"... But also as "ghoul". And how does Shinji look at the end of Q?

I wonder which "gaki" will be more prevalent in FINAL...

TOP 10 SCARIEST ANIME THEORIES Shinji WAS DEAD THE WHOLE TIME OOOOOO

(To be honest, I do think it's perfectly possible (at least in Neon Genesis) that everything that went down was Shinji in purgatory. As seen during End of Evangelion, Rei appears split seconds before death, and in the very first episode, after Shinji hangs up the phone, he turns his head and sees a Rei, then shit hits the fan. It could be that everything that happened was Shinji learning to love and accept himself after an untimely death just before going to meet and work with his father, so that his soul could move on and either go to an afterlife, or be reincarnated.)

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Yeah just on some little screen in the corner of a shot, the release date.

Do it like what Sonic Mania did when they referenced that disastrous 25th anniversary stream, put the release dates of Q and 3.0+1.0 on a headstone or something, "here lies everything Neon Genesis stood for".
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:24 pm

there's no way Anno can successfully salvage it and explain everything, and tell explicitly what happened during the 14 year time-skip

It's not like he needs to do this.
The reason Rebuild is a "clusterfuck" is that it works symolically. Of course it's weird. That doesn't mean there isn't a cohesive logic to it.
The 14 year events should be portrayed if Anno feels they are relevant in some way, otherwise I don't mind.

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:It's not like he needs to do this.
The reason Rebuild is a "clusterfuck" is that it works symolically. Of course it's weird. That doesn't mean there isn't a cohesive logic to it.
The 14 year events should be portrayed if Anno feels they are relevant in some way, otherwise I don't mind.

Also, why do all characters, for example Misato, need a happy ending in the last film?
Remember her End of Eva happy ending?
I think people are forgetting what Eva is like.
The characters are examples of personality issues.
In the end what matters is that through Shinji we see a beam of light so to speak.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

barnett
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby barnett » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 pm

I'd like to experience the same feelings of fear, depression, and wonder that I felt the first time I saw the fight-less mid-part of Q, and also that sense of anything-is-possible-at-this-point present in EoE.

and after that, a 12 episode show on the events of the time skip asd

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Also, why do all characters, for example Misato, need a happy ending in the last film?
Remember her End of Eva happy ending?
I think people are forgetting what Eva is like.
The characters are examples of personality issues.
In the end what matters is that through Shinji we see a beam of light so to speak.

There's an enormous difference in tone between Neon Genesis and New Theatrical. Even though New Theatrical begins getting pretty dark around the point Bardiel shows up, it's still very optimistic compared to Neon Genesis. The darkest it gets is at the end of Q, when everything Shinji has ever fought for and his hope for restoring the world is completely gone, which is about on the level of End of Evangelion, but I highly doubt Anno is going to kill everyone again.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:24 pm

I agree it seems to be more optimistic, but that doesn't mean we'll see these happy endings on-screen. They might be implied, but I'm sure the characters will mostly go through a rough time.
The one character that will probably have a proper conclusion is Shinji.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:12 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:AND give at least Shinji, Asuka, Misato, Rei, and Rei Q happy endings within two hours.

Do all those characters(especially the members of WILLE) really deserve a happy ending?

I know Shinji could use one, not sure about the others though.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 am

Here's my wishlist :
- Some Asuka background, we don't have much for now,
- Rei 3 becoming a completely different person than Rei 2,
- Some closure for Rei 2 (I don't believe we're entirely done with her... hey, maybe her merging with Yui-sama has given her god powers and she's now Quantum Rei! DA DA DUN! :w00t: ) Although tey're probably thousands of background elements that prevent this theory from being true...
- Seeing what happened to Kaji, Pen Pen and Shinji's classmates,
- Mark 06 returns in some way. I refuse to accept that this awesome design was waisted for a post-credit scene, Angelic possession and decapitation! :angry:
- If we have Insrumentality, I'd want something different than EoE. After all, it's the point of Rebuild : making different things.
- Shinji reconciling with his friends,
- A happy ending. Not care bears, unicorns and Nyan Cat, but at least not some bleak and nihilistic ending,
- Shinji and Yui-sama kicking Neo-Nerv's ass with "A cruel Angel's thesis" as the background music. This is unquestionable.

But what will probably happen will be a mindrape sequence with live action, CGI and storyboards as visuals, and an extremally deep psychological meaning. :pwnd:
Last edited by ZQFMGB on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Asuka's past is something that is strangely missing from the movies so far, my theory is that she's either gonna talk about it in the desert now that she's dragging Shinji around or Shinji may see it during instrumentality and it will be a way to connect with her.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:50 am

I've thought of those two things specificay as well ^

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”