Ghostbusters Reboot

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Ghostbusters Reboot

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:17 pm

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:Well, back on topic, apparently Slimer has a girlfriend...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWlN8DdmFGc

Aaaaaaaaand the video's down. I guess it counted as a spoiler?

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:50 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:Aaaaaaaaand the video's down. I guess it counted as a spoiler?

It was a tv spot someone uploaded, so I'm guessing when the video got too much attention, they privated it because they were worried about being flagged for copyright.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:54 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Ghostbusters 2 really is a solid, enjoyable movie and a lot of fun to watch.

Mood slime is best slime. :kaos_beer:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:10 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Mood slime is best slime. :kaos_beer:

What if Slimer's girlfriend is pink, and everyone thinks it's because pink=girl, but then it turns out it's because pink is the color of the mood slime, and she shoots mood slime at everyone and makes them want to kill each other, and that's the set up for the sequel?

..Well, I think it's a good idea.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:12 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Mood slime is best slime. :kaos_beer:

They made a movie where an ancient Carpathian sorceerer king is defeated with Jackie Wilson's "Your Love (Is Lifting me Higher)" before "quirky" was cool.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Zeta_One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeta_One » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Tracking estimates aren't the greatest, the embargo on reviews doesn't lift until the day before the film's release in Britain and Ireland, and apparently the merchandise isn't selling too well. Additionally, Feig has alienated much of the fanbase and the film will have to compete against Finding Dory, Secret Life of Pets, and Ice Age for the younger audiences. Assuming it doesn't flop or under-perform, at best it looks like Ghostbusters (2016) will only break even. Then again there is the possibility that international box office might save it. We'll see.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:06 pm

the international box office specifically China has saved too many movies that are otherwise box office poison Did You Know The Last Airbender was saved from being a complete flop because of the Chinese market? same thing for Warcraft and Terminator Genisys.

I predict a similar thing happening for Ghostbusters it'll bomb and be critically destroyed in the west. but in China they've never seen the original Ghostbusters because of the government's embargo so they are going to this with fresh eyes, without any bias against the politics or concerns for how good the story is.

Zeta_One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeta_One » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:23 am

China won't have anything to do with it. Films featuring or about ghosts are banned there. Sony will have to depend on Europe and other Asian countries.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:50 am

So it will only be show in countries that ain't afraid of no ghosts?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:29 am

Apparently so - but not consistently. This was new to me.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:44 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Apparently so - but not consistently. This was new to me.

I was not aware that it was that easy to pirate movies in China. The government seems to exercise far less control over the internet than I'd thought.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:28 am

Well they banned time travel in their movies as well but that didn't mean X-Men: Days of Future Past didn't end up geting a Chinese release.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:52 am

This clip made me laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfMd-f-UJ2w
gg, Ghostbusters, gg.
Last edited by Tumbling Down on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:02 pm

A reviewer has broken the embargo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Pvk70Gx6c
the prophecy is true

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:11 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:A reviewer has broken the embargo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Pvk70Gx6c

Ex-reviewer, I would think, if he's gonna pull stunts like that.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:38 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Ex-reviewer, I would think, if he's gonna pull stunts like that.

Nah. He's not a professional critic. He's some guy with a YouTube channel. Just like James Rolfe, he's not beholden to the same standards as someone with the Chicago Sun-Times would be.

And before someone asks how he got to see the movie early if he's not a "real critic," the answer is that pre-release screenings happen in major cities all the time in order to drum up buzz. Sometimes, passes are even given out for free.

http://www.advancescreenings.com/movie/ghostbusters

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:42 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:Nah. He's not a professional critic.

That's my point. He won't be one for long if he starts breaking review embargoes, because he'll stop getting invites to review movies.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:53 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's my point. He won't be one for long if he starts breaking review embargoes, because he'll stop getting invites to review movies.

As I just said, he didn't get an invite to review anything. He got into the screening the same way your average joe gets in. They give these passes out to random people without checking who they are. I remember Frozen came out on a Friday, and my local theater screened it on a Monday, four days earlier.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Ah, sorry. Missed the "not" in there.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:36 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Ah, sorry. Missed the "not" in there.

Y-you apologized?? T-to me??? :cringe:

Are you sure you're feeling alright?

Return to “Film and Video”