News [NO POLITICS]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Berserker
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:33 am

Well, it finally got solved. Extremely disappointing. Wonder what those jackasses in california thinking after realizing this.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/destinat ... em-for-63k
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

robersora
Laissez-faire in Moderation
Laissez-faire in Moderation
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 4435
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:04 pm

^
Seeing honest to god Art happening in contemporary America without having a marketing scheme for some mega corporation backing it, is sadly bewildering.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland
User avatar
Age: 74
Posts: 10825
Joined: Nov 18, 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby pwhodges » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:57 pm

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Berserker
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:15 am

^ Now this is just some copycat's doing. The artist clearly denied his possession over this one.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Age: 36
Posts: 1950
Joined: Feb 19, 2007
Location: Finland
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:51 am


Berserker
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:30 am

This time not only one, but two popped up in Poland: https://www.thefirstnews.com/article/no ... land-18291

Slowly this is becoming cliche.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

JoelcrNeto
Matarael
Matarael
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 559
Joined: Nov 25, 2020
Location: State of São Paulo, Brazil
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:41 am

In a country next to mine, Colombia, a golden monolith appeared (this one is at least more beautiful).
https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/08/gold-monolith-found-in-colombia-may-be-the-monolith-that-controls-them-all-13717692/
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
「そうだよ!レインはレイン、あたしはあたし。」
Avatar: Kyoka Jiro from My Hero Academia

Shamsiel-kun
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1218
Joined: Oct 09, 2014
Location: Above/Below sea level
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:40 am

In Belgium, some local carnaval association planted one in a potato field:

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/12/09/burgemeester-van-dendermonde-denkt-te-weten-wie-de-monoliet-in-b/
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/12/09/monoliet-in-aardappelveld-baasrode-even-mysterieus-verdwenen-als/

Which really was pretty funny. :D

Anyway, in Japan more and more schools allow gender variations on the traditional school uniform:

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20201212/p2g/00m/0na/010000c

Including boys wearing a skirt, which is actually really quite progressive. Try that in "Gay Paradise" The Netherlands and you would end up bullied tremendously (but then NL is not as gay-friendly as it likes to think...).
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Berserker
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:08 am

As someone who grew up in Asia, i can tell that gender neutral uniform isn't a new thing. Even back in the days of my childhood, i'd seen some schools that had the same shirt-trouser-tie combo for both genders. Though the reason most probably had nothing to do with encouraging, publicizing, creating awareness about LGBT or trans as early asian society were really fanatic about stuff like these. It's really appreciable of Japan to take such step.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Berserker
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:30 am

EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity
User avatar
Posts: 11158
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Egg of Lilith

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:08 pm

^Kangaroo to researcher:"Hey buddy, can you give me a hand?"
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Berserker
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:52 am

Two widowed penguins consoling, embracing each other wins ocean photography award 2020.
SPOILER: Show
Image

Furthermore: https://nypost.com/2020/12/23/ocean-pho ... -penguins/
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity
User avatar
Posts: 11158
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Egg of Lilith

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:01 am

^Now there's a great pic.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Floater
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 16, 2021

Re: [News] How is this still happening? It's 2016!

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Floater » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:47 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Solid State Drives? Psaw. That's stone age tech. Say hello to the future:

http://futurism.com/memory-that-lasts-f ... ion-years/

Absolutely everything on a crystal the size of a quarter? Yes, please.


THINK OF THE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES YOU COULD HAVE ON THAT HARD DRIVE!!!

View Original PostBerserker wrote:Two widowed penguins consoling, embracing each other wins ocean photography award 2020.
SPOILER: Show
Image

Furthermore: https://nypost.com/2020/12/23/ocean-pho ... -penguins/


Pen Pen Finally found a friend :')

View Original PostRay wrote:Morgan Freeman is now an option for the voice of your GPS.

http://time.com/4232933/morgan-freeman-gps-voice-waze/


I can finally have my lord and savior Morgan Freeman guide me through the streets? My life is complete.

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:
View Original Postsoul.assassin#828913 wrote:Moot to fix Google+

"fix" Moot's effect on 4chan is highly overstated, in fact all he really did was allow it to become the cesspool you see today.
Seriously though the base code for 4chan was Japanese that he had translated and then modified ever so slightly, he didnt really do anything of note beyond that.


It's kind of ironic you say Pooles effect on 4chan is under rated, but then only credit him with letting the site become a wild west, not, y'know, literally inventing 4chan in the first place

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:
View Original PostRosenakahara#828925 wrote:"fix" Moot's effect on 4chan is highly overstated, in fact all he really did was allow it to become the cesspool you see today.
Seriously though the base code for 4chan was Japanese that he had translated and then modified ever so slightly, he didnt really do anything of note beyond that.

Only /b/, /gif/, and /pol/ are that bad, honestly. Rest of the site is fairly innocuous. 2chan is actually much more vile.


Didn't 4chan get news coverage because of trolls/hackers or something? I mean people make the site out to be so evil but said people never scroll outside of /b/, and thats coming from someone who went to 4chan like two times.

Please do not double post unless it's either necessary or a significant amount of time has passed from your previous post. Thank you.
-Zusuchan
Girls always say things like "Ugh, your such a joke"
But then I question.... WHY ARENT YOU LAUGHING?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator
User avatar
Age: 22
Posts: 2359
Joined: Dec 03, 2017
Location: vtuber hell
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Blockio » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:03 pm

I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard
User avatar
Posts: 1339
Joined: Oct 24, 2012
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 am

"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity
User avatar
Posts: 11158
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Egg of Lilith

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:41 pm

Well that sucks. :ehh:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Shamsiel-kun
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1218
Joined: Oct 09, 2014
Location: Above/Below sea level
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:08 pm

The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard
User avatar
Posts: 1339
Joined: Oct 24, 2012
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:13 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Well that sucks. :ehh:

Oh no, I didn't mean to put the sad face as to say I am sad they broke up like a couple. All I really meant to say was that I was sad that they broke up the group and so far, we don't have a reason why like was it amicably or did they have an argument over say who gets the finances? Business is a greedy bastard, y'know.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Berserker
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 am

War of the planet of the apes in reality soon?
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever


Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest