Touji & Asuka

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

Touji & Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm currently writing an Evangelion fiction in which I'd like to pair these two up, and I know quite a few of you are fanfiction writers. Its not the main pair of the story but I was looking for some advice on how to craft a believable relationship between these two. Any serious advice would be greatly appreciated :emogendo:

*braces self*

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:35 am

If you haven't seen the alternate live action sequence for EoE, go do that now.

Now we're back, consider that Touji is the series jock/bad boy with a heart of gold. The relationship just writes itself.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Touji & Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:55 am

View Original PostKobayashiRiku wrote:I'm currently writing an Evangelion fiction in which I'd like to pair these two up[...]

You are implying that you don't go for the underdeveloped Hikari-route. :shinji_boohoo:

Hikari and Toji are a good tagteam. :hikari_happy: :toji_sulk:

Just like :kensuke_drool: :marihearts:

Jokes aside:
But if this is for real, please post a link when you published it. And an advice would be that you use Episode 8 elevator scene and the peeping tom stuff. The rebuild heavly implies that Toji likes traditional women - which brings us back to Hikari. But it is the teasing that shows affection. Just like with Shinji. And yes, Mr. Tines advice is prob. the best you can get. Because it shows how Asuka turns to the first guy that she was approached by.
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:57 am

^You've already got some good advice from Tines and SEELE, but I'll just drop my two cents here anyway:

You could also go back and take a look at Asuka and Toji's brief interactions during the series to get an idea of what a relationship between them would be like. Asuka is very confrontational and Toji is immensely stubborn and as we see in the show, he'll challenge her when he feels she's being overbearing. I could see these two arguing over stupid, inconsequential stuff all the time. A relationship where they are at each other's throats as much as they are trying to show one another affection would be believable to me.

It also depends on what's going on in the story.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

Re: Touji & Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks to the three of you for your advice, I will definitely take it into consideration moving forward.

View Original PostSEELE wrote:You are implying that you don't go for the underdeveloped Hikari-route. :shinji_boohoo:

Its not that I don't per se, I don't mind this pair in fics I read.

View Original PostSEELE wrote:But if this is for real, please post a link when you published it.

Will do, as soon as I finish rewriting it. I need to tune it up some, as it stands now, I feel its not at its full potential. I mean people like it but after some serious review and introspection I feel that a couple of my reviewers are right, I need to work on pacing. (Admittedly when I first outlined it, I had just come off an EVA-binge of all 26 eps EoE and the Rebuilds) I want to get this right, its the first Evangelion fic I've posted.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:05 pm

What's sort of funny about that is Toji's habit of not giving in to Asuka's clearly superior ideas is what drives her nuts, but what bugs her even more about Shinji is that he's a doormat. Honestly I think either would do if they would meet the other's attitude halfway... assuming they were 'special' enough to be worth notice like her (or that she didn't consider herself so 'special' so as to justify such haughtiness).
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Bah! Mediocre! Everybody knows Kensuke X Asuka is where it's at.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Fanfiction”