NVidia Shield home console

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

NVidia Shield home console

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri May 29, 2015 9:53 pm

Apparently NVidia has just launched its first home console:

SPOILER: Show

Behold the new Shield Console! Aside from looking freaking badass, this is the first android gaming system/streaming box capable of streaming 4K video to your TV. It has the new Tegra X1 8-core cpu/gpu and 3gb of ram. Internal storage varies depending on the model: The basic console has 16gb of flash memory and retails for $200, and the pro model has a 500gb hard drive and retails for $300. Both versions are available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U33Q940

Not all the pre-existing games for the Shield Portable and Shield Tablet will work on the console yet, so here's hoping they fix that quick. That and the ability to install emulators would make this a must-buy for me. I want this thing, Nvidia. Now give me a reason to buy it!
[Redacted]

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat May 30, 2015 8:29 am

Well they put the sticks in the right place so that's one thing.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat May 30, 2015 11:48 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Well they put the sticks in the right place so that's one thing.

But those sticks are in the wrong place, ergonomically speaking having an asymetrical analogue setup is superior for comfort, it's why the 360 controller is commonly considered one of the best controllers, it's ergonomics are top notch, it's why Nintendo and now Nvidia have done controllers in a similar shape, though really, using the PlayStation style analogue setup seems like a step back for Nintendo, especially considering they also had an ergonomically sound controller in the GameCube.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat May 30, 2015 3:43 pm

I must disagree. The Playstation controller is far more comfortable to hold than the clunky Xbox 360 controller, to the point that I use a PS3 controller for PC gaming.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat May 30, 2015 3:44 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I must disagree. The Playstation controller is far more comfortable to hold than the clunky Xbox 360 controller, to the point that I use a PS3 controller for PC gaming.

THIS.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat May 30, 2015 3:58 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I must disagree. The Playstation controller is far more comfortable to hold than the clunky Xbox 360 controller, to the point that I use a PS3 controller for PC gaming.

Yeah if you're a manlet with manlet hands :tongue: , if you think the 360 controller is clunky, god forbid what you think of the original Xbox's first controller, which was part of the reason why they made an effort to improve upon the design to what it is now. There's also the matter of the PS3 controller not really being properly supported for PC games.
Last edited by Tankred on Sat May 30, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Sat May 30, 2015 4:00 pm

The Xbox 360 controller is literally perfect. Only the Gamecube controller comes close.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat May 30, 2015 4:15 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Yeah if you're a manlet with manlet hands :tongue:

I am offensive and find this post to be a midget. i also am a tired YouTube meme. Also, why is midget considered more offensive than dwarf? It's like saying "you're not human; you're just a fantasy race!"

There's also the matter of the PS3 controller not really being properly supported for PC games.

All you have to do is fuck up your Bluetooth drivers beyond repair, and mod a few textures. :D
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat May 30, 2015 6:32 pm

or just use x360ce, that works too, it doesn't even touch your drivers.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”