Dragon Quest VIII is coming to 3DS

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Dragon Quest VIII is coming to 3DS

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Thu May 14, 2015 6:44 am

Only confirmed for Japan right now. Comes out August 27th. It will have all the PS2 content plus some other things like.

-New story scenario
-New companions Red/Gerda and Morrie
-Voiced events
-Orchestral soundtrack

It's not a New 3DS exclusive so i am very curious to see the graphics and the framerate (mobile port was a disaster). There is a scan floating around from a Japanese magazine that has some screens but it is taken from a phone and the quality is not the best (it looks good to me though). I would post it here but i don't remember the policy of the forum regarding scans.

Official Site

[url]http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq8/[/url]
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu May 14, 2015 7:19 am

Hmm. DQ8 was good times, but given the way that game handles variable character growth I really have to question the adding of more people to the party. The original had no character swapping at all, but rather the option of different builds for each.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

xyz346
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xyz346 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:02 pm

This looks it could be good...Sadly with Square Enix's latest track record with localizing DQ games in the West, I'm not confident that we'll be seeing it.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed May 20, 2015 11:12 am

View Original Postxyz346 wrote:This looks it could be good...Sadly with Square Enix's latest track record with localizing DQ games in the West, I'm not confident that we'll be seeing it.

Let's hope for a surprise localization of it and DQVII 3DS announced by Nintendo at E3 then, eh?
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat May 23, 2015 7:34 am

In game screenshots from promotional stands in Japan

[url]http://blog.livedoor.jp/kisarazumax1250/archives/44865518.html[/url]
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”