How old was Asuka when Kyoko died?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Clover
Leliel
Leliel

How old was Asuka when Kyoko died?

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Do we have a range on this? Was it 3-4, or 5-6?
I couldn't find anything on the wiki.
Last edited by Clover on Thu May 14, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: How old was Asuka when Kyoko died?

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:07 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:I couldn't find anything on the wiki.

We'll have to put fixing that on the to-do list.

It's more like 3-4 than 5-6 I'm pretty sure. (Can't do the necessary research right now.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Asuka born in Dec 4, 2001, Kyoko died in 2005, so Asuka was still 3 unless Kyoko died after her birthday.

But she wouldn't have been chosen to be a pilot at only 3 yrs old, so either she mis-remembers, or something is askew.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:39 am

With Kyoko's soul already partly in EVA-02, from the contact experiment, it was inevitable that Asuka would be its pilot. The only point open to debate is whether being told that she was a pilot was an elliptic way of saying "Your mother has just died (and we've captured the rest of her soul now)."

[Resulting tangent. - Monk]
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”