What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:46 pm

I bought Team Fortress 2 on steam since it was on sell for like the 20th time and I totally suck at it. The most kills I got a round was 4... I'm usually good at shooters!

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:43 am

I just got Fallout 3 yesterday. It feels polished, unlike Oblivion.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Ikari_Gendou
Embryo

Postby Ikari_Gendou » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:35 am

I'm playing starcraft because I'm bored lol

nickdolemailbox
Embryo

Postby nickdolemailbox » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:45 am

I'm playing Counter-Strike 1.6, which has became a horrible horrible addiction, even though I kinda suck at it. Can't go through a day without playing it at least twice.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Been going through Oblivion. Bye bye freetime. T_T

Also picked up Devil May Cry 4. Fun game, but my god the achievements are a tad ridiculous.

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby AVman9 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 pm

COD4. Yeah I know I'm behind the times, but I don't have the money for video games. It is neat that the multiplayer isn't so clogged in COD4 as it is in COD6, though.
Take a wild guess at what the AV means....
Adult Video? -The Eva Monkey

You raise the blade...
You make the change...
You rearrange me 'till I'm sane...

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Bored the other day, so I had to give River City Ransom a go just for the hell of it. Good times.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:31 pm

AVman9 wrote:COD4. Yeah I know I'm behind the times, but I don't have the money for video games. It is neat that the multiplayer isn't so clogged in COD4 as it is in COD6, though.

Hell, I've been trying to beat COD4 on Veteran...though I have given up for now and moved on to MW2 on Veteran.

TheRatherDVD
Adam

Postby TheRatherDVD » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Well I'm playing Super Mario Bros 3 and Bionic Commando on my NES. I don't have much school credit with all the other kids playing Xbox 360's ETC. But heck, NES is a much better console anyway.
Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono.
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
and we can sing just like our fathers.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:17 am

This is the third day I've been playing Fallout 3, and I ran into LARPers. There are LARPers in this game. It can't get better than that.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:31 am

Finally finished all the expert levels on Left 4 Dead and now ready for L4D2 on Xmas day. Been playing through SH: Homecoming, really spooky and atmospheric, the combat lets it down a touch but still a good game.

Soljer13
Banned

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Fallout 3 PC as a SPESS MEHREEN! Purging the Mutant Scum of the wasteland. Cleansing it from Foul Xenos. and Killing all Heretical Raiders and Slavers!
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

I tried Mass Effect... and uninstalled it before finishing the first mission. That was a hot mess if ever I saw one.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Teague » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:20 am

I feel Mass Effect can't really be judged until after you've become a Specter, but maybe that's just me...

Playing Digital Devil Saga, its nice to finally be able to feast on the flesh of my fallen enemies...not enough games allow you to do that (another reason why I like Fallout 3)
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:59 am

Silent Hill, all I can say is this. America, fuck yeah you did it. A good SIlent Hill game came from you. About damn time.
I won.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm downloading some awsome Eva-themed creations from Spore. This one Japanese guy made an impressive version of Clockiel and Jet Alone.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:10 am

I got Call of Duty Classic on the Playstation Network two days ago.

I also got four titles from the Wii shop channel.
Since I am one of the people who bought the Wii Internet Channel for 500 points I was given the offer to get a free NES title since the Internet Channel is free.

I did want to buy Elevator Action but since I never played Kirby's Adventure I wanted to give it a go.

So I downloaded Kirby's Adventure.

I also bought Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Golf.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:57 pm

At the moment: Tekken 6, Fallout 3: Game of the Year edtion, and Ratchet & Clank 6.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 pm

Teague wrote:Playing Digital Devil Saga, its nice to finally be able to feast on the flesh of my fallen enemies...not enough games allow you to do that (another reason why I like Fallout 3)

I tried that game out, but it was just a bit too bland and boring for me tastes, despite me avid love for RPGs. If I had to grade it, it would get a 6/10. And I'm being generous with my grading.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Metal Gear Ac!d. I got the PSP for Christmas, so this my test game.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”