What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:35 am

Gears of War 2 also. Chainsaws, shotguns, and grenades that stick to people are some things that simply never get old. :eatbomb:
I've been thinking of getting Fallout 3, but I'm waiting for either a gift card or the price to lower a little because money's kinda tight at the moment.

And Half-Life 2. Bought the Orange Box a little while ago and I've been reliving the game before I dived too seriously into Eps. 1 & 2. Portal kicked ass, and Half-Life 2 kicks even more ass this time around than it did the first time I played it on the original X-BOX. I love that game.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:45 am

The King of Fighters '99. I'm about to play KOF 2002 (BE THE FIGHTER BITCH), anyone interested in netplay?

Was playing some Fatal Fury Special earlier, but I dunno it that counts, does it?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Cypher
Adam

Postby Cypher » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:13 am

Supreme commander: Forged Alliance
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Aion (beta weekends)
World in Conflict
Sins of a Solar Empire
Team Fortress 2

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Rock-Slash » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:08 am

Im like 20 months late but I started playing Monster Hunter and the shit is awesome, I can't wait for MH3 to come out to finally play online.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:10 am

On my second playthrough of Fallout3 (and all expantions so far), this time with about 40 or so mods installed. Wheee!

Also I'm slowly working my way through the latest round of WiiWare expansions for FFIV: The After Years.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 am

Rodent's Revenge.

[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby roblucci01 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 am

FarCry 2 on my gaming PC =D

I'll also play MGS4 online, too.
I hate the internet

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 am

Fazmotron wrote:Rodent's Revenge.

OMG! I wish I still had that and Chip's Challenge!! *goes off searching teh internetz*

Annihilationscape
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Annihilationscape » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:53 am

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on PSN. Oh my GOSH that game is like cocaine, it is SO addicting.

Also, still rockin' Street Fighter IV.

Outside of Fighting games, I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles for PS3, which is frickin' awesome; and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for my PSP, which also is awesome.
"I'll make you wish you hadn't burned our time before/ I'll live through this in a manner cursed at my own accord.

If my shame spills our worth across this floor/ Then tonight, goodnight... I'm burning Star IV."

-Claudio nukes creation because lolheartbreak, Coheed & Cambria

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Blazblue: Calamity trigger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Street Fighter :mwahaha:

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Sins of a Solar Empire
Armored Core 4A
Empire: Total War
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Call of Duty: World at War.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

fatty416
Embryo

Postby fatty416 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm currently playing the Grandia series, Fire Emblem POR, Skies of Arcadia, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast), Power Stone 2, Dragon Quest IV (DS) and Baten Kaitos Origins.

Also, been playing Gears 2 online, and I started on Killzone 2.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Axell wrote:Blazblue: Calamity trigger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Street Fighter :mwahaha:

Like hell it is!! I can put a size 12 Shoryuken in your ass if that's what you're trying to say!

Err, umm, wanna play KOF 98?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:02 pm

N-game (or just "N")
Supreme Ruler 2010
Civilization 3
Battlefield 2
xops
Advance Wars DS

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

Postby skikes » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Wolverine on the psp... it was a gift... AND IT SUCKS BAWLS
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Enkidu
Embryo

Postby Enkidu » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Golden sun series, Final Fantasy XII (second playthrough, doing the 122333 challenge), and Lost Odyssey.

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:36 pm

I have a motherbitch of a sinus infection right now so I'm stuck at home. I also have nothing new/good to play so I busted out my FF7 and decided to start a Cloud only playthrough file. Desperate eh?
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:17 pm

I've started playing LoZ: Wind Waker again.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:33 pm

I played Silent Hill 2 for the first time about a week ago. Never played any of them before, but this has given me high hopes for the rest of the series. I was a bit overwhelmed (or maybe underwhelmed?) by the plot, it didn't seem to be as amazing as I was lead to believe. Granted, when I got into 'everything's a metaphor for everything' territory I was like 'that's pretty cool', but I wasn't blown away.

I think I expected all the different plot threads the game throws at you to intersect and reveal something deeper, but that never really happened.

SPOILER: Show
Okay, so hooker chick's a figment of his imagination? I kind of saw that coming, but crazy girl just kills herself after getting attacked by a vacuum bed that was born from her father's abuse? Okay, it was a heartrending and very well-done scene, but what does it have to do with the missing wife? And while I LOVED killing fatty, what did his psychotic breakdown have to do with anything?

Now, being the hardcore literaturefag that I am, I can understand that these are meant to be foils, set mood, a sort of mirror where the protagonist can look into himself and understand who he is and what he's doing here. They heighten his sense of guilt and dread and drive him along the bleak path the narrative has set.

Okay, it's amazing for that, and really I'm only a LITTLE disappointing with the plot. I compare it to Paul Auster's 'New York Trilogy', scathing psychological deconstructions of the detective novel that end up as a sort of analysis of the relationship between the author, book and reader. It sets up a very intriguing story, THREE times, then fucks with you for a hundred pages.

Overall a great game, I need to find the original somewhere, preferably for cheap.

I bought the original MGS with the original case and instructions in a used bin for 5$. Probably a once in a lifetime event, but I can dream.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm replaying Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time. Awesome game, although this is the third copy of it I've had to buy. The first copy had to get replaced because when I was like 9, I lent the second disc to my cousin and that was the last time I saw him. But before that I saw him all the time. And with the second copy I got... I have no idea where it went, I still have the case for it but the discs are long gone. Trying to get all the secret stuff this time around as well, I was completely oblivious to the secret dungeon where Gabriel Celesta resides until a few months ago.

And when I started replaying this, I watched a few trailers for the new game, Star Ocean: The Last Hope. At first I was skeptical, but now I'm all excited for it, and I want it. :D NAO!

Fazmotron wrote:Rodent's Revenge.

This brings back so many memories. When I was 5 and visiting my grandpa in Florida, I'd always go back to the apartment below his and play this game with the residents. Now that I think about it... I have no idea how I came to become aquainted with those people. I was a reckless child, although I guess I still am to this day.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”