I think we will be mindfucked again. 3.0 didnt happen..

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:58 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:If Wille intended to do anything unethical with Shinji they wouldn't of had Sakura Suzuhara, an extremely compassionate, diplomatic, and sympathetic person in the situation, be his primary overseer during his detaining.

There would be the question how Sakura 'll digest the fact that Shinji was about to screw it up again and how much she can help him.

Besides we have also Mari and possibly Kaji if he does show up again. Overall though, Shinji can only help himself.

He must clear his head and get calm, he has to rethink everything he went through so far, persevere and take any chance to fight back. Only then he 'll prevail against everyone who stands between him and his peace.

Maybe WILLE 'll be less hostile against him and try a different approach, though there is still tension.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:There would be the question how Sakura 'll digest the fact that Shinji was about to screw it up again and how much she can help him.

Again, I have suggested a possible answer to that exact question in my fic.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: I think we will be mindfucked again. 3.0 didnt happen..

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:If you say so then let's hope that they won't treat him in Guantanamo-Style to traumatise him more.

Cold stares and ignoring him are as possible as some potential beatings and insults from Asuka and the danger of getting crippled by her and some beatings, threats, harassments, torture and insults from WILLE-Employees, and so on and so forth.

Shinji 'll be their bitch, or what do you think?

None of these are likely, save for the hostile stares and cold shoulders. Asuka beating him up, or crippling him? Not gonna happen. She's mad, not a sociopath.

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:36 pm

View Original PostLennik wrote:None of these are likely, save for the hostile stares and cold shoulders. Asuka beating him up, or crippling him? Not gonna happen. She's mad, not a sociopath.

Okay, maybe I went too far about how I view this.

In NGE it was from episode to episode until EoE noticable that things became worse and it creeped slowly forward like cancer.

In Rebuild though, while knowing it'll go a similar path, it happened so suddenly and unpredictable like a slap or a car accident.

My biggest doubt is, what 'll happen next? Things are absolutly different this time and Shinji has now almost no chances. And sacrifices 'll be made when the biggest revelation and the last battle is about to happen.

Please bear with me, for being like this.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:33 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:Please bear with me, for being like this.

Many people won't, as the arguments against this viewpoint (which you're not the first to put forward) have been put repeatedly in a number of threads.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Guess this all proves that Anno is a master story-teller keeping us all on edge and without a straight answer after all these years. :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”