Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:09 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:I'm not exactly sure how I did badly, it was really stressing me out, to the point that I lost a considerable amount of sleep.

Yes, you are.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:14 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Yes, you are.
Truly, I am. I spent a considerably amount of time before each test reviewing the material and practicing, you know, like you're supposed to.

Or are you saying that the lack of sleep did me in?
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Yes.

Every person differs, but my rule of thumb was that I never studied the night before a test. If I hadn't mastered the material prior to that another night wasn't going to help. The week of finals I did little studying at all and mostly gorged myself and slept to keep my energy levels up.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Rei IV: It took me 4 years to get my AA due to all the pre reqs and general ed classes I had to take. Good job on passing. Math = my worst subject, but for slightly different reasons.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:39 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:It's funny. I did well on the homework, but the tests were what did me in. I'm not bad at math, by any stretch of the imagination, and my stepmother teaches university-level mathematics. I'm not exactly sure how I did badly, it was really stressing me out, to the point that I lost a considerable amount of sleep.

Are you going to be taking more math classes? If so, let me know, I may be able to help you.

Thanks for the offer but I'm actually done with all my Math requirements! That's pretty much another reason why I'm so damn ecstatic. Back in Fall 2009, when I first stated college, I was put in remedial Math courses. My, how things have changed! All I need is an elective to finish my degree.

:D

@Sailor Star Dust: I'm glad I'm not the only one to know that it took such a long time to get a Associates. For me, it was a combination of apathy, laziness, constant withdrawals, and occasionally a awful professor.

More goods news or RML is that I'm getting a PS3. Why not PS4? Dunno but the PS3 has a larger game library and due to HD Remasters of Final Fantasy X/X-2 and the first two principal Kingdom Hearts games. I'm gonna have a great Winter break!
"I am neither false nor fake, I am simply me." - Rei Ayanami, Episode 25, "Do you love me?" ("The Ending World")

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Since when did the older Batman movies appear on Netflix? The Jack Nicholson, Danny Devito, and Tommy Lee Jones ones! Only 15 days till they are removed though... Time to start watching!

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Fall 2014 semester is now officially over. I am exhausted, hungry, and worn down but am looking forward to a long winter break.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Two finals down, three to go. I'm feeling pretty good about it right now. Next final is Language, then Calculus/Statistics, then Acoustics.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:51 pm

My Superman: The Animated Series score arrived today.

Expect LCOK Redux II within 1-2 weeks. (Kidding)

Edit: The sound quality is amazing. There's so much depth here missing from the broadcast/shitty youtube versions. Even if you're not a fan of Superman, any film score buff would enjoy this. Shirley Walker and the team of composers that worked on this show were amazing.
the prophecy is true

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:51 pm

I've gotten through what may be my worst semester of college relatively unscathed. I managed to get B and A grades in all my classes, even those upper-division accounting courses that were so stressful and time intensive and my overall GPA is still 3.79 so it only fell by about .08 points. I probably won't get university honors this semester, but I don't really care, I just want my fall 2014 semester behind me. And now it is. And now I can relax for a month.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

MAGI_01
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Got the rest of the parts needed to upgrade my PC today. Took a couple hours to fully decommission my old motherboard, processor, and ram and swap in the new stuff. It went smoothly and now is working without a hitch, although I had a brief hiccup with my DVI cable for some odd reason, but it's fine now.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:56 am

2 bisexual ladies in a relationship is now canon? awwwww yeah.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:06 am

Took melatonin last night per my secret technique (one at least 2 hours before bed, one more much closer to bedtime) to shift my schedule back some 5 hours for one day, slept for 7-8 hours, made it to my 11:30 appointment without a hitch and without any drowsiness.

Thing's a goddamn miracle pill.

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:2 bisexual ladies in a relationship is now canon? awwwww yeah.

IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?! :faint:

:jiggy:

(I haven't even seen the show but the talk I've seen has made me want to. If I can ever get off my ass and actually watch anything that isn't foisted upon me by my IRL friends.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:09 am

Spoilered by Monk, ending spoilers for the show in question  SPOILER: Show

yep they kinda do a fake out for a moment it looks like asspull makorra but then, asami jumps in, and they are just
SPOILER: Show
walking to the spirit portal together but then........music cuts in and and hand holding happens then we get THIS Image

i have lost my ability to even-
also bryan and mike changed the ending a few weeks ago to make it more obvious into this.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Shinoyami65
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:51 am

^
The radar is broken! See you in hell, Squarepants!
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:01 am

^
before the finale i saw an image online where spongebob was all "i do not approve of this" after the death of the earth queen and Bryan and mike just went "what are you going to do? fire us?" i imagine that's how the korrasami conversation went

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 am

I've never seen any Avatar stuff. Suppose I'd best do it now.
the prophecy is true

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:49 pm

I stopped watching Korra after the first episode-- it didn't grab me. Looks like it gets better.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:03 pm

sure, just be prepared for a sudden drop in quality for the first half of season 2 as nick decided to rush it out, then a sudden massive jump in quality in 3+4, as in i actually like those seasons more than TLA.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Well, I'll put it on the list. I hope I don't regret choosing not to watch it as it was airing-- I didn't do it with TLA, and the show turned out to be pretty fantastic.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”