Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Ritsuko + Coffee + Kittens == AWWWW.

After all, how often do you get to see her looking this contented in the series? The poor lady needs something adorable badly.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:57 pm

It reminds me a bit of Kantoku's style, to be honest. It looks great!

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:47 am

View Original PostChamucaRobota wrote:I think your new avatar is awesome IronEvangelion. Gargoyle is best villain. :headbang:

Thanks, and yeah Gargoyle is great. That was definitely an original concept you had turning Shinji into Robocop. I like it. ^_^
[Redacted]

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:25 pm

So when I was in Hakone one of the things I found at Eva-Ya and fell in love with was the Asuka illustration for a box of cake:

The Asuka cake's not bad, no idea how the Rei one tastes like. Most of the Eva food I picked up on the trip and brought back was Asuka oriented. :asukahearts:

Adding this to the commission a fan cel of list. More details here: http://otakumode.com/news/51e747c5b0dfaa6471000278/New-Evangelion-Movie-Souvenirs-Feature-Rei-and-Asuka-In-Kimonos!
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:23 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:no idea how the Rei one tastes like.

It probably tastes like tang and pills. :devil:

That Asuka picture was a great choice for an avatar.
[Redacted]

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:28 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:So when I was in Hakone one of the things I found at Eva-Ya and fell in love with was the Asuka illustration for a box of cake:

The Asuka cake's not bad, no idea how the Rei one tastes like. Most of the Eva food I picked up on the trip and brought back was Asuka oriented. :asukahearts:

Adding this to the commission a fan cel of list. More details here: http://otakumode.com/news/51e747c5b0dfaa6471000278/New-Evangelion-Movie-Souvenirs-Feature-Rei-and-Asuka-In-Kimonos!

That cake manages to look LCL-like and delicious at the same time. \
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:22 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:That Asuka picture was a great choice for an avatar.

Thinking about the get up as being for an omiai instead of a matsuri or other occasion makes it better. :marihearts: Rei's pose though has me thinking she's a waitress waiting for that order. :rei_blush:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:22 pm

^
Great choice! I personally prefer it when the girls look pretty instead of sexy. ^_^ Though that's just because I'm becoming an old fart that's tired of seeing hypersexualized anime girls (for Eva especially, I feel it really misses the point).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:49 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:^
Great choice! I personally prefer it when the girls look pretty instead of sexy. ^_^ Though that's just because I'm becoming an old fart that's tired of seeing hypersexualized anime girls (for Eva especially, I feel it really misses the point).

( :crybaby: )

But pretty's fine too.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:^

I agree, mostly cause my puberty is mostly over and now im not just thinking about Boobs all the time, i mean i still appreciate the odd NSFW stuff but.......eh im just not as attracted to the "sex sells" aspect of everything recently.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Very stylish pic. The Penguin approves.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:13 pm

^
Speaking of...NGE-Pen Pen really feels like your avatar. If you ever change it again, I'll...complain loudly. :tongue:

I'm eventually gonna switch out Minako/Venus for a Misato avatar (got it picked out and everything). Just waiting for the 1st FINAL trailer to hit so I can hop aboard the hype train.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I see that Hodges got some blue squares.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:58 pm

What do blue squares mean?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Well, that was quick. I'd made a little game of how long it would take people to notice.

Paul's taken on a special advisory role.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:12 pm

So, do colours just get added when the need arises, and are there other colours that people have had in the past that have some different meanings?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

GT-One
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GT-One » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:34 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:So when I was in Hakone one of the things I found at Eva-Ya and fell in love with was the Asuka illustration for a box of cake: [...]

I noticed that too, they alway have really nice pictures for their food boxes or cans. One must wonder, if you're not rather just buy the food for the nice illustrations on the outside. :lol:

Well, since I already came here, I guess I can say something about my avatar too. I fell in love with that picture ever since I opened the thirteenth volume of the manga. Just Shinji and Asuka, with the (hungry) mass production evangelions in the background, it feels like those two stand together against the (end of the) world for one more (epic) final. Without a doubt, this ranks quite high in my top 10 of Evangelion-related illustrations by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.
"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a mental illness." - Haruhi Suzumiya
"Is that supposed to be funny?" - Kyon

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Green squares are for mods, orange squares are for admins, pink squares are for Minions, and blue squares are for Paul cuz he's not really any of those.

No idea about the history of colored box use.
System Administrator

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Blue was historically for Scribe, but that's a role that's fallen into disuse.

@Sorrow
There are a set of inages come with the forum installation; but at the end of the day it's just code and is malleable.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Orange=admin, green=mod, pink=minion (a few people with odd specific roles such as looking after the wiki, I think). Blue is newly created for (to coin a phrase) non-executive committee member.

Does it set off my scarf? That's nice :)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”