Toy Story 4

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Toy Story 4

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Discuss

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:58 pm

No. Just no. It was perfectly fine as a trilogy! YOU HAD MY TRUST, PIXAR! YOU HAD MY TRUST!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Watch it be an epic two-parter by future undefeatable world leader Disney.

Summer 2017 - Toy Story 4 Part I: To Infinity

Summer 2018 - Toy Story 4 Part II: And Beyond

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:15 pm

That just might be the only acceptable way for it to happen.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Toy Story 4 will be about about Hamm, the piggy bank, being turned upside down as executives try to shake every dime out of the franchise.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Ugh.
IM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:07 pm

jackblackwithstopsign.png
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:21 am

what the fuck, toy story 3 ended perfectly with its message completed, there was nothing more to say! who the hell thought this was a good idea?
SPOILER: Show
ImageIdiots! freaking idiots!
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:23 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Ugh.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:09 am

The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:15 am

It's been known for a long time that Toy Story 4 is coming out, they even said they were making Toy Story 5 and 4 back after 3 was released, that's why all those Toy Story shorts were made.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:31 pm

I never heard anything about a 5th one.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:33 pm

The only way I would even accept the very existence of this monstrosity is if it focuses on entirely new characters.

But I know that it will not, because Disney is intent on milking the same characters over and over to the point that they will put the brains of their voice actors in robots and avoid them passing away and such.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:54 pm

I saw Big Hero 6 today & loved it. Aside from the first two Sam Raimi Spider-Man films & maybe Guardians of the Galaxy it's easily the best movie associated with anything Marvel to date.

At this point it looks like Disney Animation Studios has surpassed Pixar to be the best animation studio under the Diseny umbrella. Sure, Pixar looks like they'll have a great 2015 - "Inside Out" has all the makings of a masterpiece, not to sure on "The Good Dinosaur" but it's got dinosaurs & that's a plus - but after that it's back to sequel town for them while Disney Animation continues to do new things.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:02 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:
View Original PostSorrow wrote:
View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:13 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:But I know that it will not, because Disney is intent on milking the same characters over and over to the point that they will put the brains of their voice actors in robots and avoid them passing away and such.

Disney owns Pixar, but doesn't often interfere with their affairs. This was entirely Pixar's decision. While i think it's a bad idea, i trust Pixar enough to make a good film out of it.

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:19 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:At this point it looks like Disney Animation Studios has surpassed Pixar to be the best animation studio under the Diseny umbrella. Sure, Pixar looks like they'll have a great 2015 - "Inside Out" has all the makings of a masterpiece, not to sure on "The Good Dinosaur" but it's got dinosaurs & that's a plus - but after that it's back to sequel town for them while Disney Animation continues to do new things.

But we know Pixar has a film about Dia de los Muertos planned for the near future (though from looking at their schedule, I wouldn't expect it any earlier than 2018). Besides that, there are two other Pixar slots, which will presumably be filled by the Cars and Incredibles sequels. The schedule looks like this:

2015:
Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur

2016:
Finding Dory

2017:
Toy Story 4
Incredibles or Cars sequel

2018:
Incredibles or Cars sequel (whichever wasn't the previous year)
Unknown original film (probably Dia del los Meurtos project)

So in 2016 and 2017, Pixar would not release any original films. . . but they would make up for this by releasing TWO original films in 2015. Not that any of this is a problem for me; in fact, I'm probably more excited for the Incredibles sequel than any of the original movies!

As for Disney Animation Studios, their schedule looks like this:

2016:
Zootopia,
Moana

2018:
Giants,
Unknown film

Note there is no film scheduled for 2015, nor are there any for 2017 (which does have two Pixar movies, however). There are rumors that the fourth, unknown movie may be a Wreck-it Ralph sequel.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:00 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Disney owns Pixar, but doesn't often interfere with their affairs. This was entirely Pixar's decision. While i think it's a bad idea, i trust Pixar enough to make a good film out of it.

That used to be true. I’m not sure that’s the case anymore. Cars was originally supped to be PIXAR’s last film with Disney before Micheal Eisner (CEO of Disney at the time) was going to let PIXAR go and replace them with a team of in-house Disney CGI artists called “Circle 7.” Eisner was fired for attempting this and replaced with Bob Iger as CEO. Disney bought back PIXAR and had John Lasseter become Disney’s Chief Creative Officer (CCO).

I’m starting to wonder if that occurred so that Disney could interfere with PIXAR’s creativity more often than before. It wasn’t until after the Disney buy-back that the studio demanded certain directors be replaced. Jan Pinkava was replaced as director of Ratatouille by Brad Bird, and Brenda Chapman was replaced as director by story artist Mark Andrews (who typically works with Brad Bird) in the middle of the production for Brave. We are starting to see Disney interfere more and more often with PIXAR’s movies, and it showed more than the studio would have liked it to on Brave due to the studio’s initial PR excitement about hiring their first female director before suddenly firing her, as well as the finished film’s failed attempt at focusing on tone or character growth.

EDIT: The Incredibles 2 is the only non-Toy Story sequel that needed to happen in my opinion. I really want to see what these characters are like when they grow up. How will Violet change the family’s dynamic if she decides to move out of the house? Will Dash become a rebellious teenager? Will Jack Jack settle on one particular super-power rather than the plethora he had to begin with unbeknownst to his parents? But for whatever reason we got 90+ mins of Larry the Cable Guy as the main character in Cars 2 as PIXAR’s first non-Toy Story sequel, which I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. Brad Bird’s a fighter when it comes to Hollywood, especially in the field of animation. If he writes, directs, and produces a sequel to The Incredibles like he did with the first one, then I would feel much more secure in that film’s quality than I would any other PIXAR sequel from here on out.

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:02 am

^
Jack Jack does does have one particular power, he warps reality.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Return to “Film and Video”