FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:55 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Do you know if the port is physically broken or is the channel in the controller chip fried?

It's the port. Stuff in there moves that shouldn't. Plugs slide way too easily in and out of it and kind of hang when they're in it, with a propensity to easily slip out.

Either way, you could use a USB splitter. A wireless keyboard transmitter shouldn't use enough power to overload it.

I could, but the only real reason this irks me is because I can't stand a sense of "brokenness" in my machines. I won't even need the port once I get either one of the bluetooth dongle or better wireless keyboard I'd been intending to get anyway. This is probably more about aesthetics than functionality.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:07 pm

When I had a broken USB port on my case, I stuck one of those processor labels (Intel inside or whatever) over it in such a way that one was unaware of it. Sorted the aesthetics for me, anyway (and also prevented plugging in to the broken socket).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby mechashiva » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:45 am

Note to self: don't ever watch EoE before bed.

Ugh. I didn't sleep a wink last night. My room was too hot and I kept hearing noises like my door being opened and things falling on the floor. :facepalm:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:10 am

I couldn't sleep much last night either. It was so windy outside, I couldn't sleep for more than a half hour at a time without the noise of something falling, or being blown away waking me up.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:35 am

View Original Postmechashiva wrote:Note to self: don't ever watch EoE before bed.

Woah.. I did the same thing last night too!
:jawdrop:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:40 am

View Original Postmechashiva wrote:Note to self: don't ever watch EoE before bed.

I generally do the opposite. I've been trying to finagle myself into an Evangelion (in my dreams) for years now.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 am

I need a better way of life. This is just pathetic and icky.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:00 am

State a specific problem or go away, Lav.

Sympathy trolling is not what this thread is for and you've been told this before. Consider yourself warned.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:10 am

I give up. I'm fucking sick of it. I take 1 step forward and 5 steps back. Everything I do ends in failure. Everyone I care about just keeps getting hurt. Nobody can support me doing nothing, and nothing is all I'm good for. Every bit of progress I make nearly fucking destroys me.

My mum is on the verge of collapse from trying to support me, my dad is an arsehole, I have no friends or family to rely on, and I can't do anything for myself. My attempts to stay in education have failed, and I have no future. I'm fucked, and so is anyone who tries to support me. Me being around does no good to anyone else and it does no good to me. I'm nothing but trouble.

Honestly I just want to fucking die. I'm sick of being a burden and I'm sick of having to try and get by. I just want to off myself. Hopefully there's enough sleeping pills in the kitchen that if I took enough I'd die. I just hope melatonin can be used for suicide.

Jesus I just hate everything.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:30 am

1-800-273-8255

Call it Squigs. Don't be just a statistic.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:12 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:I give up. I'm fucking sick of it. I take 1 step forward and 5 steps back. .

I feel much of the same way.
Just want to end it.

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:08 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:1-800-273-8255

Call it Squigs. Don't be just a statistic.

UK Number: 08457 90 90 90
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:01 am

I don't know what to do with my life anymore. :gunmouth:
I am a total failure of a human being.

- Suicidahlia

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I don't know what to do with my life anymore. :gunmouth:
I am a total failure of a human being.

Don't waste it. Sit down and evaluate your situation. Talk to someone. You can sort this out without having to kill yourself. Same goes for Squig.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:07 am

Nope. Looks like the end of the rode for me. Either I find some shitty, thankless dead-end job, or I go through hell to find another school (which would be borderline impossible now that my statement is no longer valid). Either way, life wouldn't be worth living. Between the options given to me at present? Snuffing myself seems like the best option.

Now, where's that paint thinner...
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:24 am

I agree with Squig. Just can't seem to do anything right at all. Can't see a future for myself.

- Suicidahlia

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am

Squig, Data, i knew both of you were upset, but it looks like i underestimated the depths of your depression. I can't magically fix everything, but i damn well know that things can and will get better. It's not like you guys are on the sex offender registry or condemned to life in prison. Life is worth it. I planned to kill myself recently, but Delispin and Caragnafog Dog helped me. One of the best things you can do is get a support group, as corny as that sounds.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I agree with Squig. Just can't seem to do anything right at all. Can't see a future for myself.

Data, I don't know what you've been through recently that could have affected you so greatly, but if you ever feel like talking about it you can drop me a PM anytime.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:42 am

This really isn't anything new for me. I kinda always hated my life. Even as a little kid

- Suicidahlia

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:48 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:UK Number: 08457 90 90 90

To add, here's my university number again.

1-813-974-2831

For Christ's sake, if you need to talk to someone, call these people. I'll going to class in a couple of minutes, but I can talk to you later, today.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”